2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Bah, everyone knew that Seattle's team was leaving that year, they'd already been sold to an OKC owner. If you knew the Sox were moving to Tampa next season, would you continue to buy tickets to help that owner pay for his new city's team?

Seattle doesn't "Deserve" a team if you say that the only cities that deserve a team are cities that spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on arenas during recessions.

That's a solid market, one of the top 15 in the country. The NBA needs to be there, just like the NFL needs to be in L.A.

Well said. I think Seattle got screwed in that situation, and they'd do well with another team. That's surprisingly a really good basketball town too. Seattle produces a ton of talent.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Support was irrelevant. Bennett never had any intention of keeping the team in Seattle.

I think it's a lot easier to say you'd show up to see their last games than to do it. It's probably pretty hard to imagine how bitter you'd be in that situation.

Eh, I think I still would show up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
Man, Kevin Love is a f***ing beast. And he's, like, white. That's not a racial remark. So please don't suspend me. I'm just not used to this. I'm glad a white dude is making his mark. 20.1 PPG/15.3 RPG in just 34 minutes? Wow. The scouts certainly dropped the ball on this guy.

I loved him out of UCLA. Never a doubt he would be good, IMO

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
Man, Kevin Love is a f***ing beast. And he's, like, white. That's not a racial remark. So please don't suspend me. I'm just not used to this. I'm glad a white dude is making his mark. 20.1 PPG/15.3 RPG in just 34 minutes? Wow. The scouts certainly dropped the ball on this guy.

He was a top 5 pick in a loaded draft and was a top 10 player in the greatest HS class of all time. What scouts dropped the ball on him?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
He was a top 5 pick in a loaded draft and was a top 10 player in the greatest HS class of all time. What scouts dropped the ball on him?

No question. Not only was he selected 5th, but the team with the 3rd pick that took OJ Mayo (the Timberwolves) traded to get him... so the team with the third priority after Rose/Beasley preferred him. Sandwiched in between Mayo and Love was Russell friggin' Westbrook.

I'd say he was pretty highly regarded.

Mayo needs to be traded to a team that's willin to make him a PG.

Don't think he'd be a good fit with the Bulls as a SG, especially alongside someone who dominates the ball as much as Rose does for instance.

e.g Atlanta would be an interesting option

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)

Don't think he'd be a good fit with the Bulls as a SG, especially alongside someone who dominates the ball as much as Rose does for instance.

Good call, I think Mayo on the Hawks would be pretty dynamic. Unfortunately, I think they recently re-signed Mike Bibby to a fairly lucrative deal. I don't know if they have the budget/cap room left to add him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)

I disagree. I think his bread and butter is SG. It's a matter of not being on Memphis though where Gay and Conley handle all the ballhandling duties until Randolph gets the rock. And also, Lionel Hollins is teh suck as coach.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 9, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
It's a great time to have league pass right now. Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, ect. Say what you want about the current state of the NBA, but it sure as s*** ain't lacking elite/young talent.

I find with NBA TV that I don't need League Pass. Each night on Gametime it's basically the NBA's version of NFL Redzone. Either way, yes, the league has tons of awesome talent.

J4L, I run an awesome keeper NBA fantasy league, PM me if you want to be in it next season. Trust me, you'd like it.

This is the attitude you need to win titles Lebron:

When the Lakers beat the Bulls in Los Angeles last month, Kobe Bryant had a private conversation with Derrick Rose afterward.

Asked if that conversation might have any symbolic passing of the torch undertones to it, Bryant flashed his legendary competitiveness.

"Oh, sure, but I ain't passing (expletive)," Bryant said.

Asked if Rose has to come take the torch from Bryant, the Lakers' superstar smiled.

"He can certainly try," Bryant said.

Bulls look overmatched against Lakers. I can't believe Bogans continues to get the start, and Boozer seems to just get in the way on offense more than he should be. Team definitely had better chemistry before Boozer returned.

Edited by fathom