2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
Great game and great atmosphere though

I love watching games at the Garden when the Knicks are playing a big game. One of the best atmospheres outside of Golden State, at least from what I get to see on national broadcasts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
This is probably one of those things that has the potential to get a lot worse if it's not corrected.

Apparently it is the exact opposite. They let him play tonight because there was literally nothing he could do to make it worse.

That's the beauty of the NBA. There's literally 0 chance of the Bulls missing the playoffs, so let him get fully healthy and be ready for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, it really f***in sucks that as this team is starting to come together we lose one of our better players again for a period of time but we'll live.

I went to the Grizzlies game tonight and they absolutely destroyed the Bobcats - from start to finish. It was like "And 1 mixed tape" out there. The Grizzlies probably had 6-7 alley oop dunks and a few other highlight dunks. It was an absolute treat to watch as a fan.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
I went to the Grizzlies game tonight and they absolutely destroyed the Bobcats - from start to finish. It was like "And 1 mixed tape" out there. The Grizzlies probably had 6-7 alley oop dunks and a few other highlight dunks. It was an absolute treat to watch as a fan.

What the hell happened to that Bobcats team? They were pretty darn solid last season. They're on pace to lose 50+ this season.

I wanted to be amped because Boozer dominated, Bulls are winning, Sox signed Crain, Twins lost Crain.

But my favorite Bull, and 3rd favorite athlete (after Paulie, Mark, tied with Gordon) is out for 2 months while he was on his way to being an All-Star.

Boo.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
Which is why I wonder why they couldn't take care of it in the off-season. He seemed fine yesterday.

They did say that it's been bothering him for a while, he's been playing through a fair amount of pain, he keeps getting hit on that spot, and really, he hasn't dominated games on the boards for the past couple weeks like he was for the first few weeks of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 08:03 AM)
They did say that it's been bothering him for a while, he's been playing through a fair amount of pain, he keeps getting hit on that spot, and really, he hasn't dominated games on the boards for the past couple weeks like he was for the first few weeks of the season.

Yeah, and I read some quotes from Jo in the paper that it is really bad.

Looks like the Heat are taking over. Wade has basically said f*** it and isn't waiting around for LeBron anymore. It was inevitable. No team with that type of talent is going to underachieve long. I want to be excited about the Buls. But it's hard when ultimately you know they have little to no chance against the Celtics, Heat and probably the Magic.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
Looks like the Heat are taking over. Wade has basically said f*** it and isn't waiting around for LeBron anymore. It was inevitable. No team with that type of talent is going to underachieve long. I want to be excited about the Buls. But it's hard when ultimately you know they have little to no chance against the Celtics, Heat and probably the Magic.

Lets slow down on the Heat. Yes, I think they're going to end up being one of the better teams around but they're still under .500 against teams with a current record above the .500 mark and during this winning streak they've only beaten one of those teams on the road. Just as people were overreacting to the Heat struggles, I think people are overreacting to this win streak.

As for the Bulls, when they're at full strength, I really don't see any reason why they can't compete with anyone in the Eastern Conference at this point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)

I disagree. This Bulls squad is good and they might be able to find a league average shooting guard.

In regards to Noah's injury, I think it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Gibson and Asik will get more experience and that should make them both much better later in the season when Noah comes back. Obviously we will lose more games without Noah but I'm confident we'll be getting a good seed in the playoffs regardless. The key will be not to have any other significant injuries.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 08:23 AM)
With Boozer, Asik, and Taj... Noah is the star we can afford the most to lose. It will hurt, but we are very deep in the middle of the floor.

That depth + Rose is why I think we might actually be a great matchup against the Heat @ 100%.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
Lets slow down on the Heat. Yes, I think they're going to end up being one of the better teams around but they're still under .500 against teams with a current record above the .500 mark and during this winning streak they've only beaten one of those teams on the road. Just as people were overreacting to the Heat struggles, I think people are overreacting to this win streak.

As for the Bulls, when they're at full strength, I really don't see any reason why they can't compete with anyone in the Eastern Conference at this point.

You make some good points. But they've won every game but one by double digits. They're not just squeaking by teams. They're dominating. And they did kick the s*** out of the Jazz (as you mentioned), Hornets and Hawks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
You make some good points. But they've won every game but one by double digits. They're not just squeaking by teams. They're dominating. And they did kick the s*** out of the Jazz (as you mentioned), Hornets and Hawks.

The Hornets have been falling apart since that hot start. They're 3-7 in their last 10 games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
That depth + Rose is why I think we might actually be a great matchup against the Heat @ 100%.

When has depth ever overcome star power in a playoff series? The Blazers of the early 2000's tried it. Didn't work. There were teams we beat during the title era that were deeper. But we had Jordan. End of story. It's a superstars league.