2010-2011 NBA Thread

Good lord Kevin Durant.. I also have to wonder who will end their losing streak first. Cleveland's consecutive streak or Washington's road streak.. Or do we have to wait till both play.. in Cleveland.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope JJ never plays another minute with the Bulls again. I hate watching the guy on the court, he is like a chicken with his head cut off, and he specializes in the foul after the breakaway dunk. Wasted pick

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:36 AM)
Good lord Kevin Durant.. I also have to wonder who will end their losing streak first. Cleveland's consecutive streak or Washington's road streak.. Or do we have to wait till both play.. in Cleveland.

My money's on Washington, at least that team has some resemblance of talent on it. Cleveland are just a mess without Varejao.

Good win for the Bulls team against a Clippers team that's been playing very well at home recently (albeit they were without Eric Gordon IIRC).

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
I disagree, I think he actually is a pretty solid ball handler from when Ive seen him play. On top of that he is more of a 2/3 than a 3/4 and we have no legit backup SF and SG is a position the Bulls are weak at too. Yes, the Bulls have Korver but I think JJ brings more to the table. I think something happened behind the scenes that put him in the back of the line.

I think he was doing a Tyrus Thomas deal when he was on the court as well...he wasn't in position well, especially on defense, and with a coach who actually knows defensive positioning and other legitimate options on the roster, you're either going to learn or you're not going to play.

I really hope he's traded this year...just because I want a SG.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Except for the Marbury part...yeah we know.

He is being sarcastic about Marbury. Simmons always rips him when he has the chance. He means Rose is the exact opposite.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
@sportsguy33 In person, Rose is like a young Marbury but faster/taller/more explosive. I've never seen a PG like him in person before. He's illegal.

Nice to see BS realize that Rose exists. Save a couple comments on BS Report about him, you'd have no idea there was basketball outside of Boston, OKC, and Los Angeles. It's getting a little tiring.

At least the next BS Report should spend 5 minutes on Rose before 25 on Griffin and then talking about the Celtics as the best team in basketball!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Nice to see BS realize that Rose exists. Save a couple comments on BS Report about him, you'd have no idea there was basketball outside of Boston, OKC, and Los Angeles. It's getting a little tiring.

At least the next BS Report should spend 5 minutes on Rose before 25 on Griffin and then talking about the Celtics as the best team in basketball!

SC actually broke down Blake's game pretty well. The interesting part was 4-14 from 6 feet or more away from the basket. To me that is exactly what keeps him out of the top 10 players at this point. He has to develop some sort of a mid-range game to be in the elite. Honestly it was the same way with Rose.

What a fun game to be at. Blake put on a show in the 1st half and Rose was a beast per usual. Damn are both of those guys special and dare I say it, superstars.

I'd have a hard time naming many players I would take over Griffin and Rose (if health was assured) to start a franchise. Only guys in the equation are LBJ (who I'd for sure take) and potentially Durant and/or Dwight for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
SC actually broke down Blake's game pretty well. The interesting part was 4-14 from 6 feet or more away from the basket. To me that is exactly what keeps him out of the top 10 players at this point. He has to develop some sort of a mid-range game to be in the elite. Honestly it was the same way with Rose.

It's his rookie season and he doesn't yet have a consistent jumper and he's still averaging 23 and 12 which is already elite. If and when Blake develops a consistent jumper, we're not talking about elite numbers, we're talking about being one of the best power forwards of all time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
What a fun game to be at. Blake put on a show in the 1st half and Rose was a beast per usual. Damn are both of those guys special and dare I say it, superstars.

I'd have a hard time naming many players I would take over Griffin and Rose (if health was assured) to start a franchise. Only guys in the equation are LBJ (who I'd for sure take) and potentially Durant and/or Dwight for me.

LeBron and Durant are definitely 1-2 and Rose is at number 3 at this point imo. But ya, to me, they're the two most exciting players in the NBA at this point.

As a Boston fan, he has said plenty of times that he is scared of Chicago. Pleading for us not to get Mayo, etc.

But I know what you mean. He is funny when he gets down on Minnesota but he seems to be liking the direction o fthem now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
It's his rookie season and he doesn't yet have a consistent jumper and he's still averaging 23 and 12 which is already elite. If and when Blake develops a consistent jumper, we're not talking about elite numbers, we're talking about being one of the best power forwards of all time.

LeBron and Durant are definitely 1-2 and Rose is at number 3 at this point imo. But ya, to me, they're the two most exciting players in the NBA at this point.

I def agree with LBJ, but Durant doesn't do it for me. He doesn't play defense and doesn't set up his opponents. He still is a great player, but I think I would take Rose over him. I actually like Westbrook more than Durant (definitely the rare person there). Westbrook can guard, assist, rebound and score.

As much a homer as Bill Simmons is, he actually thinks Rose is now the best PG in the league, better than CP3, Dwill, and yes, Rondo. He showed great admiration of Rose's play this season in his piece about the ASG last week.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)

Did you guys start the MVP chant?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)

Eh, I have a hard time calling someone who can't do anything more than 5 feet away from the basket one of THE best in the game. If teams figure out to collapse and deny the post, Blake will disappear.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Boozer or Deng better be named an All-Star tonight, because if the Hawks and Heat have 3 apiece and the Bulls have one, something is wrong.

It would most likely be Boozer. Thing is, the East forwards are gonna be filled with guys like KG and Bosh. We'll see. I wouldn't mind if Rose was the only guy, but the team with the second best record in the East should get more than just one all-star.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
Eh, I have a hard time calling someone who can't do anything more than 5 feet away from the basket one of THE best in the game. If teams figure out to collapse and deny the post, Blake will disappear.

To be fair, that was Dwight Howard in his first 3-4 season in the league also.

Griffin's already averaging around 25PPG since December.

Not sure if he's one of the best in the game already, but this time next season if he continues his upward curve, he very well could be.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
To be fair, that was Dwight Howard in his first 3-4 season in the league also.

Griffin's already averaging around 25PPG since December.

Not sure if he's one of the best in the game already, but this time next season if he continues his upward curve, he very well could be.

That is a great comp.

4 Celtics is ridiculous.

2 Hawks is ridiculous.

3 Heat is ridiculous.

Love not being on there is ridiculous.

If Boozer isn't there, then KG shouldn't be either.

If Bosh or Joe Johnson is there, Deng should be too.

And if Derrick Rose didn't become the MVP tonight, that's ridiculous too.

Edited by Quinarvy