2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
The Nuggets now supposedly want Felton, Gallinari, Curry and a 1st round pick for Melo and Chauncey. I hope that goes through.

Hmm, that doesn't make sense much at all... I thought the Nuggets wanted to clear room for Ty Lawson, not bring in another PG.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
Hmm, that doesn't make sense much at all... I thought the Nuggets wanted to clear room for Ty Lawson, not bring in another PG.

Felton's on the hook for $7 million next year, Billups $13 million.

Edit: By the way, that deal doesn't work; the salaries don't match up. The Nuggets would have to find about $5 million more to take back from the Knicks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 07:47 AM)
Being sarcastic.

The Celtics lost the title in no small part because they had to finish the series at Staples.

They were the lower seed against Cleveland and Orlando and dismantled both teams then took the Lakers to 7. Home court isn't much of an argument. The Lakers were just a bit better. The Celtics last year are exactly the same as this year's Lakers, no sense beating your head against the wall for this ridiculous regular season.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
They were the lower seed against Cleveland and Orlando and dismantled both teams then took the Lakers to 7. Home court isn't much of an argument. The Lakers were just a bit better. The Celtics last year are exactly the same as this year's Lakers, no sense beating your head against the wall for this ridiculous regular season.

And if it comes down to Lakers/Celtics in the finals...you bet your tail that the Celtics are going to be happy to have game 7 at home. Rivers has I believe said so publicly.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)

Top 4 teams Eastern Conference

Boston: 24-5 Home, 15-9 Road

Miami: 20-5 Home, 19-10 Road

Chicago: 23-4 Home, 13-12 Road

Orlando: 20-8 Home, 15-13 Road

Top 4 teams Western Conference

San Antonio: 25-2 Home, 21-7 Road

Dallas: 20-8 Home, 18-8 Road

LA Lakers: 19-8 Home, 19-10 Road

OKC: 18-8 Home, 16-11 Road

The top 8 teams here have a collective .779 winning percentage at home vs a .630 winning percentage on the road. You bet your sweet f***ing ass home court matters.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
The top 8 teams here have a collective .779 winning percentage at home vs a .630 winning percentage on the road. You bet your sweet f***ing ass home court matters.

The difference in those percentages adds up to almost exactly one game if you multiply that out of a seven game series.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
The difference in those percentages adds up to almost exactly one game if you multiply that out of a seven game series.

One game is very important in a playoff series. I assume that's what you are saying.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)

The Hawks have a better winning percentage than the Magic.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)

Top 4 teams Western Conference

San Antonio: 25-2 Home, 21-7 Road

Dallas: 20-8 Home, 18-8 Road

LA Lakers: 19-8 Home, 19-10 Road

OKC: 18-8 Home, 16-11 Road

You took what I said out of context. Home court wasn't much of an argument against the Celtics last year. Of course you'd rather play at home in the playoffs. However, if the Celtics play their ass off and get home court last season, they would have had nothing left for the postseason. This is also my argument for SA falling on their face come the playoffs this year. The tank will read E.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
You took what I said out of context. Home court wasn't much of an argument against the Celtics last year. Of course you'd rather play at home in the playoffs. However, if the Celtics play their ass off and get home court last season, they would have had nothing left for the postseason. This is also my argument for SA falling on their face come the playoffs this year. The tank will read E.

I think SA will fail, but I also think, if Game 7 was in Boston last year, Boston wins.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
I think SA will fail, but I also think, if Game 7 was in Boston last year, Boston wins.

I'm not debating that, I'm debating that Boston never would have reached that point because they would have been burnt out by the time the playoffs had started. Obviously if all things were the same, everyone would prefer to play at home.

Hmmmm, interesting to say the least, although Sam Smith isn't exactly the most clued in guy when it comes to rumors;

Sam Smith, who's earned notoriety in his long career on the NBA beat for concocting grandiose trade ideas, writes in his weekly column for the Chicago Bulls' website the Orlando Magic are "reportedly [...] ready to make a huge offer" to the Memphis Grizzlies for Zach Randolph, a one-time All-Star power forward in the final year of his contract.

Smith says the Magic's offer for Randolph includes "players and picks," though he does not specify which ones. Memphis gave hefty contract extensions to point guard with Michael Conley and small forward Rudy Gay prior to the start of the season, meaning those positions aren't areas of need. It'll likely reach a similar agreement with center Marc Gasol sometime this offseason, leaving holes at shooting guard and power forward. Perhaps a package built around J.J. Redick and Brandon Bass would satisfy the Grizzlies' needs, but that is only speculation on my part.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
The Nuggets now supposedly want Felton, Gallinari, Curry and a 1st round pick for Melo and Chauncey. I hope that goes through.

Apparently the Knicks turned that down

I think they just need to get it done, because eventually they are either going to trade him elsewhere or hes going to sign that extension instead of losing money in the offseason and the Knicks are gonna be left holding their weiner in their hand..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
Bulls / Spurs tonight.

It's time to make a mark on this season and let the league know we're for real.

The Bulls have beaten Dallas, Miami, Orlando, Boston, and the Lakers. If people still don't think they are for real, one game isn't going to change their minds.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
The Bulls have beaten Dallas, Miami, Orlando, Boston, and the Lakers. If people still don't think they are for real, one game isn't going to change their minds.

I don't know, a matchup against the best team in the NBA when there is only one other game going on league-wide screams notable.