2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Players like Taj are a dime a dozen. Asik has more long-term potential as an actual center, but I have no problem getting rid of 25 yr old, 2nd year Taj.

Ahahaha. Taj is not a dime a dozen. There aren't many guys his size that play the defense he does.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Ahahaha. Taj is not a dime a dozen. There aren't many guys his size that play the defense he does.

By the way, I'm not insisting that we don't give up Taj. Just stating that he has a lot of value and that is why plenty of teams are asking for him. And in general, quality bigs just aren't dime a dozen players, that is why they get paid as much as they do for being relatively mediocre in general.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Id be fine getting rid of Taj and then drafting Jon Leuer :D

Defensive drop off there.

The Bulls can stand to wait a year to pick up a 2 guard in the draft, there are plenty of them. For my dose of homerism to match Badger, I'd like Buford next to DRose.

Leuer would be PF/SF and he is tall and can shoot the 3. Presumably if we traded Taj I would think we would want another scoring big man instead of defensive stopper (youd have Noah/Asik already).

I just think the Bulls need more guys who can score and Im tired of watching Korver.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Defensive drop off there.

The Bulls can stand to wait a year to pick up a 2 guard in the draft, there are plenty of them. For my dose of homerism to match Badger, I'd like Buford next to DRose.

I gotta disagree here.

The Bulls need to make their run this year.

First, no one knows if there will even be a next year, let alone what the draft and FA situations will look like if it happens.

Second...look at guys like Paul and Williams. Each of them had a year where they really broke onto the scene and led their team to 55-ish wins. Since then, the teams around them have aged, occasionally gotten hurt, and combined with the occasional injury to them, they both have taken steps back.

If the Bulls go into this playoffs healthy but with Bogans at SG, it's really throwing away an opportunity.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
I gotta disagree here.

The Bulls need to make their run this year.

First, no one knows if there will even be a next year, let alone what the draft and FA situations will look like if it happens.

Second...look at guys like Paul and Williams. Each of them had a year where they really broke onto the scene and led their team to 55-ish wins. Since then, the teams around them have aged, occasionally gotten hurt, and combined with the occasional injury to them, they both have taken steps back.

If the Bulls go into this playoffs healthy but with Bogans at SG, it's really throwing away an opportunity.

Especially when one of your key players (Boozer) is constantly hurt and could easily break down at any time and another one of your key players (Noah) has missed substantial time in two consecutive years.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Asik per = 11.44 (41st Center)

May per = 12.39 (41st SG)

How is that homer talk?

Centers are more scarce than guards. if you look at them statistically they are pretty similar. The only thing Mayo is much better at is hype. I loved him in HS, thought hed be great in College and have wanted him in the pros. But no way am I giving up a young talented Center on a risk like Mayo.

They can have 1st round picks or whatever.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
ESPNinsider just tweeted that the Bulls did get a SG...not known who it is yet.

Battier goes to Memphis for Thabeet. O.J. Mayo has been traded for Josh McRoberts + first rounder...that's a rumor though.

???

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Asik per = 11.44 (41st Center)

May per = 12.39 (41st SG)

How is that homer talk?

Centers are more scarce than guards. if you look at them statistically they are pretty similar. The only thing Mayo is much better at is hype. I loved him in HS, thought hed be great in College and have wanted him in the pros. But no way am I giving up a young talented Center on a risk like Mayo.

They can have 1st round picks or whatever.

An 11 PER for a big man is pretty low.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
They are both 41st at their respective positions.

Not sure how you can say thats low for a Center, but not low for a Guard?

Because PER overvalues the defensive abilities of bigs. The only defensive stats that go into PER are steals and blocks and I'm pretty sure Asik has a decent amount of blocks.

You also have to take into account how misused Mayo has been this season. 12 PER is not his true talent. His true talent is more like 15-16 at this point, which is right up there with Luol Deng.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Mayo has scary trends which have turned me off on him.

No excuse for being a 85%+ free throw shooter as a rookie and now at 75%. Stats like that make me question a palyers dedication.

Maybe it's because his coach is misusing him. Mayo should be starting on just about every NBA team, but his coach tends to think Tony Allen deserves more playing time. I'd be pissed off and uninterested if I were him too.