2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
Watching Deng's last shot again, and I'm fairly sure we wouldve gotten the board, Boozer had inside position and Noah was taking the long rebound.

And that block for an and-1 against Rose still angers me this morning.

Meh, I have no problem bashing officials for missed calls but that was either a no call or a foul on Rose. It certainly wasn't a charge on Lebron and with that much contact officials are generally going to call the foul.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
Oh, and the moment where Rose was dribbling the ball, the crowd started chanting MVP, he let them do 2-3 rounds of it, stepped back and nailed a jumper just inside the 3 point arc with under a minute?

Priceless.

TNT, as usual, was brilliant. As D-Rose stood thumping his chest entering the timeout, they showed Wade in the background glaring at Rose. Lord only knows what was going through his head, but his face said "this f*** stole my city".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
TNT, as usual, was brilliant. As D-Rose stood thumping his chest entering the timeout, they showed Wade in the background glaring at Rose. Lord only knows what was going through his head, but his face said "this f*** stole my city".

Who the f*** is he to be glaring at anyone for celebrating a clutch shot?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
Oh, and the moment where Rose was dribbling the ball, the crowd started chanting MVP, he let them do 2-3 rounds of it, stepped back and nailed a jumper just inside the 3 point arc with under a minute?

Priceless.

That sequence actually gave me goosebumps. Very, very cool.

On Thursday, the Bulls' bench outscored the Heat's reserves 22-2 and outrebounded them 20-1.

I submit exhibit 8,000b as to why I'm unconcerned with the Knicks this season (a point that was brought up prior to last night's game). The Heat have a much better "big 3" and a much better bench, and it still doesn't make up for the supurb bench the Bulls can throw at you.

Last night was one game, but it was a fun game... a game I won't be forgetting anytime soon. There's a lot of ball left and I am very excited for it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
Meh, I have no problem bashing officials for missed calls but that was either a no call or a foul on Rose. It certainly wasn't a charge on Lebron and with that much contact officials are generally going to call the foul.

Ya, that was clearly a block on Rose, it was the right call.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
That would be fantastic.

I don't think he is gonna want to lose all that money. He has already won a championship, and apparently does seem all that interested in another won. He wants that money first and foremost. Idiot. What a addition he would be though.

I knew my comment would would get lost in the game talk, but I think the 2x defending champ Lakers are a really good comparison at least stat wise. DRose/Bogans/Watson/Brewer/Korver have outproduced Kobe/Fisher/Brown/Farmar/Vujujic by 3 points a game so all this Bulls need a sg to win a championship is hogwash, the Lakers did it back to back with a less productive backcourt.

Blake Griffin's Dunk gets Commercialized:

A lot of us really enjoyed the NBA Slam Dunk Contest last weekend, which brought back a little luster to an informal, if hotly debated demonstration of the sport's signature play. Well, the climax of the contest wasn't a contest at all, nor a schoolyard top-this played out on a grand stage. No, we were all watching the filming of a car commercial.

The initial instinct is to get a little angry when it becomes so obvious that the fix was in. Griffin's car dunk was known to the Twitter masses beforehand, so it wasn't spur of the moment. But for those of us who'd like to believe that the best dunkers would actually be rewarded, rather than just Blake Griffin and the most deserving runner-up, this ad's existence is a kick in the teeth. Of course Griffin was going to move to the finals, because they had a car commercial to make. Wonder how they would have justified a 48 score if he hadn't completed one of his dunks within the 90-second time limit.

But then I remember that I'm b****ing about product placement and corporate synergy at, of all places, NBA All-Star Weekend. This isn't Pep Boys Presents Midnight Mass at Saint Peter's Basilica, brought to you by Barilla Pasta. It's a half-assed three-hour block of primetime programming, created just to sell weekend All-Star packages and squeeze in more commercials, and the centerpiece of the weekend is an exhibition game anyway. Hell, the dunk contest is already sponsored by Sprite, and went down at the Staples Center. Most pearl-clutching over product placement is misplaced and futile anyway; with our weakened and waning levels of outrage, we can't muster up too much over a midsize sedan. No matter how average it may or may not be.