2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)

It might be a little overkill, but I would have zero problem if Stern came out and suspended him 2 games for that. That is ridiculous, flopping is silly and really makes the game lame.

Wow. I didn't see the play happen, and I found Bosh endlessly more likable than Wade and James, but wow.

My initial reaction is obviously anger, but all NBA'ers perform the flop regularly, and he had a pretty unfortunate (he sucked worse than anyone in decades) game going, so I'll disregard it. Just really, learn to flop better. Carlos Boozer's elbow isn't a freight train even if it hit you square in the grill.

*edit*

still, if it were wade or james i would have said something about vagisil and how they need it, cause they do.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

I know everyone is slurping Rose for MVP, but Dwight Howard needs to get some national love on that front.

He has single handledy carried our team this season, in past years when we have done well it's been a team effort, but his offensive post game has improved in leaps and bounds this season.

6 of his last 7 games he has scored more than 30 points, 40 points tonight with 15 boards and 6 blocks.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I know everyone is slurping Rose for MVP, but Dwight Howard needs to get some national love on that front.

He has single handledy carried our team this season, in past years when we have done well it's been a team effort, but his offensive post game has improved in leaps and bounds this season.

6 of his last 7 games he has scored more than 30 points, 40 points tonight with 15 boards and 6 blocks.

Yeah man he's really put his game to another level recently.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
As we've said, they are gonna suck on defense. Melo, Amare and Billups will get theirs, but they are all below-average defenders.

I think their biggest issue will be interior defense. They have no depth in there and what they do have isn't interesting in doing the dirty work. Antawn Jamison had 28/13 and J.J. Hickson had 24/15 tonight. The Knicks were also outrebounded 62-42, and Cleveland had 44 free throw attempts. Things like those will be commonplace against them, and of course tonight those numbers came against the laughable Cavaliers.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)

For me, it's between Dwight and Rose. LeBron isn't even in the mix.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
The amazing Knicks with their new superstar just lost to the Cavaliers.

B-b-but, they have Melo!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
For me, it's between Dwight and Rose. LeBron isn't even in the mix.

This is the most wide open MVP race in years IMO.

Lebron's still had a fantastic season stats wise, although his PPG and AST's are down a little and his TO's are up.

Dwight's averaging 23.3 PPG at 59.7% FG with 13.9RBS and 2.2 BLK's. Rose has got 25PPG with 8.2 AST's.

I think it's also conceivable Oklahoma City go on a run with the addition of Perkins (although Orlando took them to the cleaners last night) and Durant's name gets involved a little more.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
This is the most wide open MVP race in years IMO.

Lebron's still had a fantastic season stats wise, although his PPG and AST's are down a little and his TO's are up.

Here's all I can say about LeBron's MVP worthiness...

Everyone's made a huge deal about how bad Cleveland is this year now that they've lost Lebron. Last year, they put together a .744 winning percentage. This year, Lebron bailed to play with 2 other stars, and Cleveland set a record long losing streak. Yet, Lebron has a worse winning percentage with this year's heat and 2 major backup players than he had last year with the Cleveland roster.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

If the Detroit Pistons are beyond frustrated with Richard Hamilton, it's because he had a chance to be playing elsewhere and didn't take it.

Hamilton has been unhappy with the Pistons in general and coach John Kuester in particular and was supposedly behind a team boycott of Friday's shootaround in Philadelphia before a 110-94 loss to the 76ers.

Sources now say, though, that the idea of a team boycott is "overblown" and that only Hamilton missed the shootaround without explanation.

The vexing part for the Pistons is that Hamilton could be with a bona fide playoff team right now.

The Pistons had a deal arranged with the Cleveland Cavaliers to acquire Hamilton, league sources say.

The Pistons would have added a first-round pick to compensate the Cavaliers for taking Hamilton off their hands. Cleveland could have absorbed Hamilton's contract with a $12 million trade exception.

The Cavaliers, league sources say, were willing to buy out Hamilton immediately or wait until the summer and buy out the last year of his contract. Sources say both the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls were aware of the deal and were looking to add Hamilton to their roster once he was available.

The Bulls, in particular, thought he could start for them, according to a source.

Hamilton, however, declined to consider a buyout, now or later, and the deal died, sources say.

Neither Pistons president Joe Dumars nor Leon Rose, Hamilton's agent, were available for comment.

Ugh. Looks like Rip doesn't care about winning anymore. If he did, he would have accepted the buyout and signed with a playoff team. He would have lost a couple million in the process, but you'd think players would want to be a part of a winning team instead of rotting in Detroit.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Ugh. Looks like Rip doesn't care about winning anymore. If he did, he would have accepted the buyout and signed with a playoff team. He would have lost a couple million in the process, but you'd think players would want to be a part of a winning team instead of rotting in Detroit.

I'd personally rather have "a couple million".

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)

Yeah, you know teams ready to make a NBA run want you, why would you rot in a crappy team and town like that?