2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Well first of all, Noah is one of the quickest centers in the NBA and two, I have no clue what you're talking about.

I watched him in the series before and when he got the 3 second call. He was just walking around, looking like he didn't care about the game while everyone sped around him. He didn't look for the ball, he didn't try to set up a pick, he just wandered around until they took him out.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
I watched him in the series before and when he got the 3 second call. He was just walking around, looking like he didn't care about the game while everyone sped around him. He didn't look for the ball, he didn't try to set up a pick, he just wandered around until they took him out.

meh Noah looked like that his rookie year too

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
The Bulls just passed this road trip with a 2-1 record. Shoulda been 3-0, but they played well in the games that really mattered.

LeBron = choke.

4-1. Milwaukee, Washington, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
The Heat's halfcourt offense is so meh... any of the potential opponents they face in the playoffs (save for the Knicks) have a rough halfcourt defense. You'd think that 50-some games into the season they'd have it figured out by now but they don't.

Some of that is the absolute udder crap that is Mike Miller. What the hell happened to that dude? He had at least 4 WIDE open 3's in which no Bulls defender was within 5 feet of him and bricked every one of them. And Haslem was a much bigger loss than many thought.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
The Bulls' second unit is the tits. Best 2nd unit in the league.

Absolutely. I love how you can have your second unit in against the Heat's big 3 and the Heat could do nothing with that advantage. The 2nd unit D is just phenomenal and has been pretty damn consistent all season long.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
That could be true. But Haslem is a good mid-range shooter, solid rebounder and defender. Look at that Miami front-court outside of Bosh and tell me they don't miss Haslem.

No, they do miss him a bit, I was exaggerating a tad BUT Miami clearly just isn't as good as many of us thought. This team is gone in the 2nd round.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
No, they do miss him a bit, I was exaggerating a tad BUT Miami clearly just isn't as good as many of us thought. This team is gone in the 2nd round.

I'm not short-changing the Bulls at all. Other than the occasional 'WTF' loss they've been great. I was just responding to lostfan's comment about the Miami half-court offense.

What really seems to separate the Bulls 2nd unit from others around the league, especially when Deng is playing with them, is that they are ridiculous defensively. They aren't going to score a lot but they will be able to hold the other team at bay.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Some of that is the absolute udder crap that is Mike Miller. What the hell happened to that dude? He had at least 4 WIDE open 3's in which no Bulls defender was within 5 feet of him and bricked every one of them. And Haslem was a much bigger loss than many thought.

My asshole puckered on a couple of those shots, and I went from puckering to LOLing

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)

when he got the 3 sec call he was calling for the ball because he was open and whoever had the ball at the time was doubled and didnt see him, he just stuck in there too long

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
also at the beginning of the game they said something like the bulls had 6 of the top 11 individual defenders, im not seeing those stats anywhere online anyone know who they are or where i can see that list

My guess would be 82games.com. They're the basketball equivalent to Fangraphs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)

Do you ever re-read your posts before the season started about the heat?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
also at the beginning of the game they said something like the bulls had 6 of the top 11 individual defenders, im not seeing those stats anywhere online anyone know who they are or where i can see that list

82games.com or Basketball-Reference. I think they were referring to Defensive rating, which is the # of points given up per 100 possessions.

Defensive Rating rates Brewer, Gibson, Boozer, Noah, and Asik very highly. All of them are giving up less than 100 points per 100 possession (which is considered extremely good).

Deng, Rose, and Bogans are just over the 100 mark. A lot of these ratings are the result of the system and vary based on the position a player plays (SGs tend to have higher defensive ratings due to the fact that they score more points than other positions), but the fact that the Bulls have so many highly rated players tells you a lot about the team's defense.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
82games.com or Basketball-Reference. I think they were referring to Defensive rating, which is the # of points given up per 100 possessions.

Defensive Rating rates Brewer, Gibson, Boozer, Noah, and Asik very highly. All of them are giving up less than 100 points per 100 possession (which is considered extremely good).

Deng, Rose, and Bogans are just over the 100 mark. A lot of these ratings are the result of the system and vary based on the position a player plays (SGs tend to have higher defensive ratings due to the fact that they score more points than other positions), but the fact that the Bulls have so many highly rated players tells you a lot about the team's defense.

Well they whiffed on Boozer but put Deng into the elite category there and that's about right.