2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Melo's definitely overrated. Not all that efficient at scoring, mediocre defender at best. Yet, guys like Skip Bayless almost put him right next to LeBron.

Really? I haven't checked the numbers. But I assumed he was well above average (or at least above average) from an efficiency standpoint. Problem is he's a black hole that doesn't make anybody around him better, and he's borderline Toni Kukoc defensively when he's got 10 times the physical talent/skills of Kukoc.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Really? I haven't checked the numbers. But I assumed he was well above average (or at least above average) from an efficiency standpoint. Problem is he's a black hole that doesn't make anybody around him better, and he's borderline Toni Kukoc defensively when he's got 10 times the physical talent/skills of Kukoc.

Depends on who you compare him to. His true shooting % is 22nd at SF, but it's a lot easier to have a high true shooting percentage when you're not your team's #1 scoring option.

When you compare him to other guys that are scoring a lot of points this year, he's still below a lot of the top tier guys but is still above guys like Kobe, Rose, Westbrook, Aldridge, Griffin and Granger.

I know this isn't the right place but thought I'd get the quickest answer, who do you all think for my fantasy championship. I am benching Nash because of obvious reasons but Jordan Crawford or Marcus Thornton?

I have already picked up Thornton but now it just came out that Nick Young is out the rest of the year, I may just pick up Crawford so my opponent does not. He is starting Monta and Jason Kidd who both have 3 games so I am thinking he may take a chance on Crawford with 4 games!

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
I know this isn't the right place but thought I'd get the quickest answer, who do you all think for my fantasy championship. I am benching Nash because of obvious reasons but Jordan Crawford or Marcus Thornton?

I have already picked up Thornton but now it just came out that Nick Young is out the rest of the year, I may just pick up Crawford so my opponent does not. He is starting Monta and Jason Kidd who both have 3 games so I am thinking he may take a chance on Crawford with 4 games!

If you can handle the field goal percentage, Crawford is simply on fire right now. With the extra game in there, Crawford's value is high.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
If you can handle the field goal percentage, Crawford is simply on fire right now. With the extra game in there, Crawford's value is high.

Fortunately FG% is not counted in this league, both him and Thornton have 4 games. Sactown playing some of the lesser defensive teams while Wiz playing Boston, ATL, Pacers who are middle of the road to pretty and very good

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
Fortunately FG% is not counted in this league, both him and Thornton have 4 games. Sactown playing some of the lesser defensive teams while Wiz playing Boston, ATL, Pacers who are middle of the road to pretty and very good

Then it's a no-brainer, and your league sucks. Haha.

Just got back from the game. s***ty finish. But a win is a win. We can finish Boston off as far as HC goes Thursday. And the Lakers lost by one to the Jazz. So it looks as if will have HC for as long as we're playing. And yes, I obviously don't expect the Spurs to get to the finals.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Nice to see the Heat fall to Milwaukee tonight. I think the Bulls are fairly safe with that 1 seed in the East. (knock on wood)

if bulls beat boston they clinch #1 seed right? errr someone told me no, cuz celtics have a better conf record.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Nice to see the Heat fall to Milwaukee tonight. I think the Bulls are fairly safe with that 1 seed in the East. (knock on wood)

Bulls clinch the 1 with a win tomorrow.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Bulls clinch the 1 with a win tomorrow.

Even if they don't win, their magic number is 2 right now (or is it 3?). They would just need to go 2-2 (or 3-1) the rest of the way.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
Even if they don't win, their magic number is 2 right now (or is it 3?). They would just need to go 2-2 (or 3-1) the rest of the way.

Three due to Boston owning the tiebreakers.

In December, Steve Nash filed for divorce with his wife Alejandra Amarilla only a day after they had their baby. The reason for this has now unfolded. His cheating allegations were confirmed when Aljejandra gave birth to a black baby. Now the farther is said to be Jason Richardson, Nash’s former teammate. The Suns abruptly traded Richardson to the Orlando Magic in December. This was around the time that the baby was born.

The Jersey Chaser – Move over Tony Parker! Back in December, basketball fans were stunned when Pheonix Suns star Steve Nash filed for divorce from his wife just a day after she had a baby. Since then new information has surface about the separation. Nash married Alejandra Amarilla in 2005 but broke up a few months before the baby was born after rumors of cheating allegations. The allegations were confirmed when Aljejandra gave birth to a black baby. Now the father is said to be Nash’s former teammate Jason Richardson. The Suns abruptly traded Richardson to the Orlando Magic in December, around the same time the baby was born. Sounds like an entire season’s worth of material for basketball wives!

This bizarre. The baby came out black and Steve was like this can't be mine!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
Is it me, or does Nashs wife look like Octo-Mom?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/...splay_image.jpg

Regardless, confirming your wife cheated on you through the birth of a child is just WRONG

Dear Lord, why is everyone banging that ugly broad? That baby popping out black is the best thing to ever happen to Nash. Jesus, that chick is ugly.

And yes, Octomom.