2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Bulls have looked horrid all series. Rose is being too much of a hog and the offense is way too stagnant. This is just disgusting. I hope it is just Indiana matching up well agains the Bulls because if they play like this, they won't make it much furhter in the playoffs.

And while people are acting like the Pacers are playing the best they can possibly play it isn't like they are really playing over their heads. They aren't making a lot of tough shots and they haven't shot a high percentage throughout the series. They have played good defense and been very physical and the Bulls haven't really done a great job responding until very late in games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Wow, you get Boozer open for 3?

Crappy job there.

That wasn't the call. It was a third option. Deng couldn't get to the outside and then fumbled the ball. He should have called a timeout. Korver was open but once Deng lost control of the ball he wasn't going to find him.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
That wasn't the call. It was a third option. Deng couldn't get to the outside and then fumbled the ball. He should have called a timeout. Korver was open but once Deng lost control of the ball he wasn't going to find him.

I know it wasn't the call.

Being unable to execute = crappy job.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Bulls have looked horrid all series. Rose is being too much of a hog and the offense is way too stagnant. This is just disgusting. I hope it is just Indiana matching up well agains the Bulls because if they play like this, they won't make it much furhter in the playoffs.

Rose wasn't hogging anything in this game. No one could make a shot in the first half. I don't know if there is another team in the playoffs that is this offensively inept. They are missing wide open shots.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
By Whom?

Yeah, they'll win next round. I'd be very surprised if the Bulls were to beat Boston or Miami in the Conference Finals though to be honest after watching these 4 games. This team needs better perimeter shooting, and more specifically, a 2 guard who can create for himself. Such things can be found, and I could see the Bulls winning title(s) if they do. But not right now, there are a lot of weaknesses on this team offensively that the process of being exposed has already begun on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Yeah, they'll win next round. I'd be very surprised if the Bulls were to beat Boston or Miami in the Conference Finals though to be honest after watching these 4 games. This team needs better perimeter shooting, and more specifically, a 2 guard who can create for himself. Such things can be found, and I could see the Bulls winning title(s) if they do. But not right now, there are a lot of weaknesses on this team offensively that the process of being exposed has already begun on.

Or this series can be used as a learning experience. I doubt the Bulls will continue to shoot so poorly and maybe they can figure something out with the way Indiana is playing them because everyone will play them that way and will only be better. I truly believe this is good experience for the Bulls. They will be confident if they don't play their best they will still be in the game but not. cocky. You have to know how to win close games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
Or this series can be used as a learning experience. I doubt the Bulls will continue to shoot so poorly and maybe they can figure something out with the way Indiana is playing them because everyone will play them that way and will only be better. I truly believe this is good experience for the Bulls. They will be confident if they don't play their best they will still be in the game but not. cocky. You have to know how to win close games.

I don't doubt it. At all. They weren't a very good offensive team this season as it is, and now Rose is getting even more attention, with teams playing even harder on defense since it's the playoffs. For this offense to even have a chance at being average in the playoff setting, Deng has to be outstanding, Boozer (who is still hurt IMO) has to remember how to jump again so he can finish plays, and Kyle Korver has to play big minutes and be hot shooting.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)

Neither Boston nor Miami plays defense anything like Indiana does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Neither Boston nor Miami plays defense anything like Indiana does.

Do you mean in terms of the style of defense they play? Because both of those teams were much better defensively than Indiana this year. Indiana was a middle of the pack defensive team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)

I'll bet you a coupla hundred on that...

I dont think the Heat and Celtics bench could bring the same defensive attention that the Pacers have brought so far. I can give credit where credit is due, Vogel has them playing extremely hard and scrappy, they arent going to win this series but they have won some respect

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
I dont think the Heat and Celtics bench could bring the same defensive attention that the Pacers have brought so far. I can give credit where credit is due, Vogel has them playing extremely hard and scrappy, they arent going to win this series but they have won some respect

Why not? They're much better defensive teams than Indiana, and have much better players than Indiana. And it's not like Indiana is playing harder than they would, this is the playoffs and everybody plays hard.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Why not? They're much better defensive teams than Indiana, and have much better players than Indiana. And it's not like Indiana is playing harder than they would, this is the playoffs and everybody plays hard.

I think the Celtics and Heat have much better starters, but I think both of their benches leave much to be desired. IMO Indiana has a much better bench.

And yeah, Indiana is playing hard because it is the playoffs. I respect them for pushing the Bulls right now, many 8 seeds have rolled over to many 1 seeds. I dont know who said it earlier, but they do remind me of the Skiles Bulls.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)

Neither team has the big-men depth the Pacers have. McRoberts, Hibbert, and Foster (hell, even Hansbrough), as challenged as they are offensively, are guys who can play good enough defense and prevent Rose from having a easy time at the basket. Outside of Garnett, the Celtics interior is quite weak on the defensive end (especially if they don't have Shaq). Bosh is not a strong defender, Joel Anthony is a joke, and Big Z doesn't really pose much of a threat on the inside either for Miami.

The Heat got a nice matchup in Philadelphia, who have no guys that can play a tough inside game. If the Heat got the Indiana draw, they would probably be in a similar situation to the Bulls.