2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Do you mean in terms of the style of defense they play? Because both of those teams were much better defensively than Indiana this year. Indiana was a middle of the pack defensive team.

Style. They are physical dirty team. They are literally beating up Rose. He isn't going to see that, well unless we see Howard.

So, Noah goes crazy.

Boozer does good (15 and 13 is good)

Deng gets 16.

Rose only gets 15. That injury had to be bad if he only got 4 FTs and shot so many 3s. He just needs to rest up so he can go full strength back home.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
So, Noah goes crazy.

Boozer does good (15 and 13 is good)

Deng gets 16.

Rose only gets 15. That injury had to be bad if he only got 4 FTs and shot so many 3s. He just needs to rest up so he can go full strength back home.

Boozer was awful. It took him 15 shots to get those 15 pts, he added nothing defensively, and turned it over 4 times. Then when you add in the bunnies he missed and he hurt the Bulls again today.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)
In hindsight, would we have been better off with Bosh over Boozer?

In hindsight I actually like Bosh less than I did last summer. I really didn't like Boozer last summer, and he's been pretty much exactly what I expected.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
In hindsight I actually like Bosh less than I did last summer. I really didn't like Boozer last summer, and he's been pretty much exactly what I expected.

Its a different system completely. He would have been great here with a PG to get him the ball in position to score.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
Its a different system completely. He would have been great here with a PG to get him the ball in position to score.

He'd have been just awful in a series like this though. The Pacers would have beaten the crap out of him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Eh Bosh can hit a jumper which is really what the Bulls need out of the PF (on offense). Some one who can space the floor so that the defense cant just collapse the paint.

For the last 5 years we've wanted a guy who can play in the low post so that the defense had to collapse the paint and so that the Bulls didn't just rely on mid-range jumpers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
D-Rose is in a walking boot and highly questionable for Game 5.

KC

Derrick Rose wore a walking boot on Sunday at the Berto Center and headed to an MRI exam on Sunday afternoon, which the team expects merely to confirm his sprained left ankle.

Coach Tom Thibodeau said the walking boot was a precautionary measure to stabilize the ankle, which Rose sprained late in the first quarter of Saturday's loss to the Pacers. Rose returned and played 43 minutes, 27 seconds overall.

The Bulls didn't practice on Sunday.

They watched film as a team and did individual shooting. When reporters were granted access to the gym, Rose sat watching film with Thibodeau and then left for his exam without talking to the media.

"He's fine," Thibodeau said. "He's going to have his ankle checked and hopefully he'll be ready. When we ask him, he says he's fine. (Athletic trainer) Fred (Tedeschi) said he has a little soreness. But Derrick said he's fine. He said the swelling isn't bad."

lol, CP3 gets a T for taunting Kobe after blowing past him on a layup, but Kobe gets nothing for literally jumping up and down and yelling at the refs on his way up the court two plays earlier.

NBA officiating...

NO goes into the half up 4 on the Lakers, despite Paul not scoring much. They shut down Kobe, holding him to 0/7 shooting and 0 points.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Neither team has the big-men depth the Pacers have. McRoberts, Hibbert, and Foster (hell, even Hansbrough), as challenged as they are offensively, are guys who can play good enough defense and prevent Rose from having a easy time at the basket. Outside of Garnett, the Celtics interior is quite weak on the defensive end (especially if they don't have Shaq). Bosh is not a strong defender, Joel Anthony is a joke, and Big Z doesn't really pose much of a threat on the inside either for Miami.

The Heat got a nice matchup in Philadelphia, who have no guys that can play a tough inside game. If the Heat got the Indiana draw, they would probably be in a similar situation to the Bulls.

Boston still has very strong schemes which is where they excel. Allen was not known as a strong defender and neither was Pierce before Thibs. The scheme is what makes them. What you did for Boston and Miami, I can very easily do for the Bulls.

Bogans sucks period

Rose is still a bad defender

Deng is super strong

Boozer sucks

Noah is strong

Brewer is strong

Korver sucks

Gibson is good

In this day in age, with zone defense, it makes no sense to go up and down a player list and say they suck because schemes can hide anyone's bad defense.

BTW, I suggest people look at the Hornets game and see what Chris Paul is doing. The way he directs every player and knows every spot and literally points out weaknesses to his players and points of attack are great. I won't even get started on his numbers.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Remember when the Magic were supposed to be a title contender? That was funny.

I don't know what happened to Turkoglu. I mean, I thought he would be improved in Orlando's system, but he's stunk as bad if not worse than he did in PHX and Toronto. They never tried to make JRich a focal point, Gilbert sucks and Dwight's going to leave since they're handicapped by the cap.