2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
How many freaking times has Boozer been owned at the rim tonight? Wow he is just awful. Great defense tonight thankfully because the Bulls continue to look lost on offense.

I think Boozer leads the league in dunks blocked

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Chanting MVP for a player that had more shots than points and 8 turnovers. I get that he won the award, but that was a bad game.

Horrible game.

I didn't even watch it, but following it on gamecast was even a pain.

Turnover after turnover, 3 point shots left and right (that would miss).

Somebody needs to tell Derrick to stop shooting these. If you want to fix your jumpshot, do it in practice.

Korver didnt shoot well, but at least in this match up against the Hawks I think he gives the Bulls offense the edge and he has been playing defense good enough that hes not hurting them.

I never thought Id be saying he deserves more playing time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Somebody needs to tell Derrick to stop shooting these. If you want to fix your jumpshot, do it in practice.

At this point, is it even defendable? He's a great player and he had a great season, but it's really laughable how bad his deep shot is. There is no excuse for him to shoot it as much as he does.

Rose also had some nice passes and all in all a more agressive game. He had some rough turnovers but I'll live with it. His ankle is seriously effecting his outside shot and everything is coming off flat. But he's a scorer and he'll shoot himself out of it and will continue to improve that 3 as he grows in this league.

Noah to me has been the X-Factor. In the Bulls big wins, Noah has been a beast. Deng has been freaking money all post-season so far too. I really think I'd like to start/play Gibson a lot more and than get more set plays for Noah who is able to get better shots off than Boozer.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
At this point, is it even defendable? He's a great player and he had a great season, but it's really laughable how bad his deep shot is. There is no excuse for him to shoot it as much as he does.

Right now he needs to focus more on taking the open mid-range shot which he is most efficient.

I will say this, this is the Bulls D that I'm talking about. Deng was phenomenal on Johnson and Atlanta is not going to shoot a high percentage if the Bulls keep this up, outside of if Atlanta just gets a little lucky.

Keep it up Chicago!!!

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Horrible game.

I didn't even watch it, but following it on gamecast was even a pain.

Turnover after turnover, 3 point shots left and right (that would miss).

Oh jeesh. I think "horrible" may be a bit strong. Not his best game, but he's playing on an injured ankle with an offense where he basically has to generate everything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Oh jeesh. I think "horrible" may be a bit strong. Not his best game, but he's playing on an injured ankle with an offense where he basically has to generate everything.

Horrible is very accurate for his game. You can say that some/most (depending on your outlook) of that is because of the ankle, which is certainly true, but it doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible. He was really, really bad.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Right now he needs to focus more on taking the open mid-range shot which he is most efficient.

I will say this, this is the Bulls D that I'm talking about. Deng was phenomenal on Johnson and Atlanta is not going to shoot a high percentage if the Bulls keep this up, outside of if Atlanta just gets a little lucky.

Keep it up Chicago!!!

Game 1 was just an outlier, Crawford and Johnson came back to earth today big time.

Of course, I doubt Atlanta's gonna shoot 34% again in this series. So the outliers seem to be out of the way and maybe we're due for some normal basketball in the next however many games.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Horrible is very accurate for his game. You can say that some/most (depending on your outlook) of that is because of the ankle, which is certainly true, but it doesn't mean the game wasn't horrible. He was really, really bad.

Oh give me a break. He had 25/10/6. I realize he took 26 shots or whatever, but the game was not horrible.

I would have loved to have you commenting on some of the Jordan performances back in the day...

QUOTE (Felix @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)

He's been doing it a lot more in the playoffs than I saw him doing it in the regular season. Then, he was making them at a decent clip, now he's just bricking. I want to taser his ass when he does that.

I think he just expects so much of himself that he feels like he has to be dazzling and score 40 every game to win, when he doesn't. He ends up trying to do way too much because he wants to be a hero so he doesn't get the other guys involved in the offense, and starts making sloppy passes and chucking up threes and long jumpers he doesn't need to take. There are other guys who can take those threes and are better at it than Rose, Bogans and Deng, but Rose thinks he has to score a flurry of points all by himself. He didn't get the MVP playing this way, it was natural instinct and aggressiveness. Right now he just needs to relax and feel the game.

He's 22 but because of what we've seen we assume that he handles everything like a veteran, but all of this is new to him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)

He doesn't have to shoot 8 threes to generate offense. In fact, he did the exact opposite today. His 8 turnovers and 8 three point shots probably hindered the offense. Not all those turnovers are his fault, but he's the one deciding that he should pull up for a three pointer when he can easily run a better offense or shoot a higher percentage shot.

Rose is a stubborn player. He's trying to shoot out of his funk right now and it's just not working. Bad ankle or no bad ankle, he needs to adjust to whatever circumstance he is dealt with. If that means less lift on his inside shots then pass more. If that means less lift on his jumpers, then stop shooting 3s.

QUOTE (Real @ May 4, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Rose has decided to be a jump shooter again, when will he learn he needs to initiate contact in the paint

With the sore and unstable ankle, he may not hava choice for awhile. He will have difficulty moving laterally and quickly changing directions.