2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
I think that is the sissy argument. Wade's tessle with Rondo wasn't that bad. Its just physical postseason play.

And when you have guys like Neni Kristic getting significant minutes you have problems anyway. When him and Delonte struggle I'm not going to be surprised.

Losing one of your best players and ball distributors is a sissy excuse?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

They didn't really "lose him", he played 68 minutes combined in the two games after the injury. How much it affected him is debateable given he is prone to disappearing for long stretches even when he's 100% (see game 1).

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

You saying he got mauled is sissy.. if that's mauling to you, yikes

QUOTE (T R U @ May 12, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
You saying he got mauled is sissy.. if that's mauling to you, yikes

He pulled him down, s*** that wade routinely has gotten away with his whole career in addition to getting every contact foul against him. He's a plays like a whiney b****, and it turns out the league rewards that.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
He pulled him down, s*** that wade routinely has gotten away with his whole career in addition to getting every contact foul against him. He's a plays like a whiney b****, and it turns out the league rewards that.

Yes, he did pull him down.. but I wouldn't have called it mauling him..

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
The 2011 All NBA Teams, per Rotoworld:

1st: Durant, LeBron, Howard, Rose, Kobe

2nd: Westbrook, Wade, Dirk, P. Gasol, Stoudamire

3rd: Paul, Ginobili, Randolph, Aldridge, Horford

Why the hell is Kobe on first team instead of Wade?

QUOTE (T R U @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
Yes, he did pull him down.. but I wouldn't have called it mauling him..

I'll consult you for further vocabulary usage, then. .. .. .. .. .. ..

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)

NBA players fall to the ground. Rondo should add some muscle and maybe his feeble arms won't collapse on him!

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Why the hell is Kobe on first team instead of Wade?

There is no logical reason. Just like Kobe continually making the All Defensive team. Kobe's a great player. But he really needs to give back about 3 All NBA selections, 5 or 6 All Defensive team selections and his '08 MVP (Paul should've easily won that).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
There is no logical reason. Just like Kobe continually making the All Defensive team. Kobe's a great player. But he really needs to give back about 3 All NBA selections, 5 or 6 All Defensive team selections and his '08 MVP (Paul should've easily won that).

Kobe is the Derek Jeter of basketball.

Call me crazy, but after LBJ, I still think Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA. Doesn't mean I'd build a team around him, but a lot of people underappreciate him cause he's been in the spotlight so long. Is he the same guy he was 5 years ago, no, but is he still one of the best, absolutely.

I wouldn't complain if Wade got it over him and vice versa. They are similar in my rankings. In fact, I have all of them ahead of Durant, but that is because Durant is a one dimensional player at this point in his career (one of the very best in the NBA, but his lack of overall defensive ability is what I think prevents him from being #2 or so in the group).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Call me crazy, but after LBJ, I still think Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA. Doesn't mean I'd build a team around him, but a lot of people underappreciate him cause he's been in the spotlight so long. Is he the same guy he was 5 years ago, no, but is he still one of the best, absolutely.

I wouldn't complain if Wade got it over him and vice versa. They are similar in my rankings. In fact, I have all of them ahead of Durant, but that is because Durant is a one dimensional player at this point in his career (one of the very best in the NBA, but his lack of overall defensive ability is what I think prevents him from being #2 or so in the group).

Give me Dirk, Wade, Rose, a healthy Paul, Durant and Howard over Kobe at this point. Kobe's been in decline for about 4 years now. Not shocking considering the mileage. But he's robbing more deserving players of individual honors due to his reputation. Can you believe that Kobe led the league in field goal attempts and usage percentage? With Gasol, Bynum and Odom on his team? And he only averaged 34 MPG. That's ridiculous. People keep talking about what's wrong with the Lakers? Everybody is picking on Gasol. Kobe's a big reason for their demise.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Call me crazy, but after LBJ, I still think Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA.

You're crazy. :P

Off the top of my head, I'd rather have Rose, CP3, Wade, Dirk, Dwight, or Durant right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
Give me Dirk, Wade, Rose, a healthy Paul, Durant and Howard over Kobe at this point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Off the top of my head, I'd rather have Rose, CP3, Wade, Dirk, Dwight, or Durant right now.

We are amazing.

I'd build my team with all of those guys over Kobe. But if it is game 7 of the finals, I want Lebron first, than Kobe, in that order. And No, I can't even make an argument that Dirk and Paul are better than Kobe. I can understand if you want to go with Rose, Dwight (depending on your needs) or Wade, but not the other guys.

Especially since Westbrook is better than Paul too.

all joking aside, Rondo running into James Jones last night looked like it seriously hurt and Rondo pretty much lost all aggressiveness at that point. Before that he had that jump shot and a few layups, but from that point forward pretty much the entire Celtics offense stayed at the three point line until there was less than 8 seconds on the clock and whoever ended up with the ball took the shot. The heat were basically playing 4 on 5, I really saw no way Boston could have won that game

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/lo...0,1024051.story

Wonder what happened. I don't watch NBC, but I've seen the guy a few times flipping through channels. RIP

weird. he hosted the sports sunday show on nbc. semi-pro running back, and marine.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/about-us/Daryl_Hawks.html

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I'd build my team with all of those guys over Kobe. But if it is game 7 of the finals, I want Lebron first, than Kobe, in that order. And No, I can't even make an argument that Dirk and Paul are better than Kobe. I can understand if you want to go with Rose, Dwight (depending on your needs) or Wade, but not the other guys.

Especially since Westbrook is better than Paul too.

I'd take Dirk for one game in a heartbeat. The guy is maybe the best player on the planet right now.