2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Where are our photoshop experts when you need 'em?

Seriously, I think Lebron on one Horn and Wade on another would look nice. Some kind of nice sig. would be cool too, Steve.

So I have both a Wade jersey(which I bought probably in 04) and a LeBron jersey(it's my step brothers but I wore it on halloween this year to make fun of that asshole) hanging in my closest right now, these are being taken to the city and being burned on Saturday night. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
So I have both a Wade jersey(which I bought probably in 04) and a LeBron jersey(it's my step brothers but I wore it on halloween this year to make fun of that asshole) hanging in my closest right now, these are being taken to the city and being burned on Saturday night. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

I have a Wade Marquette Jersey T that will need to come to the same fate.

Man, I haven't been to an NBA game in a decade. It's impressive how much goes on you never see. Guys bumping DR1 all the time early in the game to try to get into his head, Atlanta leaving boozer open over and over and over.

I kept expecting the Hawks to make a run and they never did. The defense was just all-world. I don't think the Hawks had a clear shot after the 2nd quarter. Lotta weak fouls on the bulls, a couple on the Hawks but the Bulls built on them and the Hawks didn't.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)

Oh geez...don't be that guy.

I think the series will come down to simply how well Mario Chalmers can defend Rose. He's clearly better than Bibby defensively, and if he can at least hold Rose to say under 30 a night, I think the Heat will take the series in 6.

The Bulls will need Boozer to play as well as he did today, and to beat Boshtina in that matchup (which despite his injury, he's probably capable of doing).

I still like the Thunder to win the whole thing though, they were my pick from the start and I'm sticking with that.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 13, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)
I think the series will come down to simply how well Mario Chalmers can defend Rose. He's clearly better than Bibby defensively, and if he can at least hold Rose to say under 30 a night, I think the Heat will take the series in 6.

The Bulls will need Boozer to play as well as he did today, and to beat Boshtina in that matchup (which despite his injury, he's probably capable of doing).

I still like the Thunder to win the whole thing though, they were my pick from the start and I'm sticking with that.

I would be shocked if either Wade or Lebron are NOT guarding Rose most of the time.

The Bulls have to move the ball like they did in that game. They cannot play the stagnant, clear it out for Rose, and stand and wait for him to do something offense. The ball movement was crisp, and everyone off of the ball was always in motion and screening. The floor balance and spacing were spectacular, which allowed Rose to have a pretty "easy" night. They have to play that style to beat Miami. Plus they really have to play a physical defensive game where they just punish LeBron and Wade away from the ball, and keep them from running the offense as much as possible.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 13, 2011 -> 04:20 AM)

This series has Rose, Lebron, Wade, Boozer, Bosh, Deng, but it will all come down to Mario Chalmers. LOL, we are not at Kansas anymore, Toto.

Like Brian said, I highly doubt you don't see LeBron or Wade on Rose most of the time. When you have two top scoring options like that, it's OK if one of them gets a little tired out on the defensive side of the court.

so THERE's the pick and pop. That was an awesome game. I'm not sure I'm prepared to play the heat. I've never hated a team nearly as much as I've loved my own, and here they are going head to head. A BATTLE VS GOOD AND EVIL. Seriously if the bulls don't take the heat, the thunder/mavs have to. If Miami wins it's over for a few years.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
I wish I was as confident as this guy

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-...go-Bulls-051211

Me too. If I were putting money down, I'd take the Bulls, though.

This line had me confused.

The Heat barely knocked off a Celtics team led by a one-armed point guard.

Five games does not = "barely" no matter how you slice it.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
I would be shocked if either Wade or Lebron are NOT guarding Rose most of the time.

I think that will definitely be the case whenever Bibby's out on the court, otherwise I think they'll try to keep those 2 as fresh as possible on the offensive side of things.

If you put one of those guys on Rose for a whole game, you're probably going to depend on Bosh scoring around 20PTS to keep things running smoothly on offense, and I don't think they can rely on that in a tough playoff style of basketball especially when the Bulls are so good on the interior defense.