2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel great about this series, but Game Two is gonna be a different animal.

The Heat are gonna bring it.

Cmon Bulls, just build on Game One. Play with the same intensity and do what you've got to do to win this series - win four home games!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
The Heat apologists are hilarious. "This is what the Heat need to do if they are going to win game 2 and then take the series." Well, there are certain things that I would need to do to get both Blake Lively and Meagan Good into bed - it doesn't mean that any of those things can actually happen.

The one I love the most is talking about how the Heat need to rebound better. Of course they do. Now tell me- how are they going to do it? "duuuuuuhhhhh ummmmmmmmmmmm durrrrrr"

f***ing Chris Broussard is the worst of them all too. He's so loud and annoying.

The problem for Miami is if they commit to rebounding, it takes them out of their transition game, which is the one place they own Chicago. It means they'd have to beat the Bulls using their halfcourt offense, which we all saw the Bulls shutdown to the tune of 34 second half points.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
Crawford, Martin, Magloire, and Hedo were the only guys in that draft that were worth a damn.

Mike Miller has actually been a pretty solid player over his career, don't let this season fool you. I thought he was gonna have a great season this year with the Heat though. I know he was injured, but 5.6 pts a game, ouch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
Mike Miller has actually been a pretty solid player over his career, don't let this season fool you. I thought he was gonna have a great season this year with the Heat though. I know he was injured, but 5.6 pts a game, ouch.

he has always been injury prone though. just like boozer, when he is healthy, he produces, but when is he ever healthy? and to top it off with miller this year his thumbs are what he injured(recently, i think it was legs at the beginning of the season), which further made him worse.

counting on miller was a huge mistake by the heat imo

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
By the way, off topic but NBA, if you haven't read this article about the guy in the Suns front office who opened up about being gay over the weekend, you should. He's the guy who came up with the idea of the "NBA All Star Weekend" in the first place.

He was on yesterday's BS Report. It was a very good interview.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Asik has started to get notice as a really good defensive player around the league, and I think Lebron recognized that. Not quite the same as going through JJ in 2010

J4L gives up on this team because we didn't trade Asik for Courtney Lee.

I want my props as Asik's most ardent supporter. Go.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
The Heat apologists are hilarious. "This is what the Heat need to do if they are going to win game 2 and then take the series." Well, there are certain things that I would need to do to get both Blake Lively and Meagan Good into bed - it doesn't mean that any of those things can actually happen.

Wow.

Everyone needs to take their foot off the gas pedal. Yes, Game 1 was encouraging, but counting out a team with LeBron and Wade on it is just silly. I pray to everything holy the Bulls skull-f*** the Heat, of course, but I still see this series being a pain in our asses.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
lmao. He said Fizer. I forgot that bum existed.

I had a Marcus Fizer autograph. I cherished it for about a week. Then preseason ended and he was a laughingstock.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)

I said Mayo. Not Lee. And I would still do that trade in a heartbeat. Though I definitely have come around on Asik. Didn't realize how athletic he was.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)

You weren't the only one. I believe SSK5 (among others) was with us too.

I obviously absolutely love Barkley...but this comment is really, really dumb.

"If you look at those Bulls teams, it was really just Michael and Scottie," Barkley said Monday in an interview with the Tribune. "Nobody on those other Bulls teams were great defenders … well, Horace Grant, and maybe Dennis (Rodman). Nobody looked at John Paxson as a great defender. I mean that with no disrespect. But this Bulls team, as a team defensive presence, they're the best I've seen in the NBA."

I know hes just trying to give the current bulls their props, but yeah the bulls ONLY had michael (9 time first team all defense), Scottie (8 time first team all defense, 2 time second team all defense), and a guy who will get into the hall of fame purely because of his defense in Rodman (7 time first team all defense, 1 second team) and Horace who was himself a 4 time all second team defensive player. Has he forgotten that the bulls held Malone and Stockton and company to 54 points (then a record low for ANY game played) in game 3 of the 98 finals? But yes outside of ONLY starting 3 of the greatest defenders of the 90s (if not all time), Luc Longley wasn't the dominant inside force Patrick ewing was.

BTW randy brown was certainly an above average defender, and ron harper won't be remembered as a poor defensive player by any means

Edited by daa84