2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 21, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
This is a Kalapse-quality post. :headbang

Jordan's advanced metrics are flat out stunning. The guy averaged 20 win shares during the 90s almost every season. LeBron and Kobe have NOTHING on him. Kobe topped out at around 15 and LeBron has yet to sustain near 20 win share numbers. That opportunity is also out the window since he's got two good scorers around him as well.

LeBron is closer to Jordan than Kobe is

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 22, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
Bulls need to score points, they definitely have a chance to win but they have to play a great game.

Korver/Deng need to make open shots, Thib needs to make the right calls with line ups.

Big game, hopefully they come out strong.

With the way the bulls have D'd up, 90-95 points should be enough. I keep wanting Boozer to go hard to the rim but he seems like he is afraid of contact.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
With the way the bulls have D'd up, 90-95 points should be enough. I keep wanting Boozer to go hard to the rim but he seems like he is afraid of contact.

Hopefully he's feeling better again after 3 days off.

That is what is amazing for the Bulls, if they can score 90-95 points they have a great shot to win every night. Its just a question of where will they get those points. Some one else besides for Rose needs to be that consistent second scorer, I hope Deng gets his touch back because that really makes things a lot easier for the Bulls offense.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)

But did you hear his rap? He goes hard on offense.

It just kills me to read all these articles about tonight's game making the Bulls the underdogs in this series because of game 2. It's like none of the writers even watched the game to realize just how poorly the Bulls had to play for Miami to win. It's as if none of them realize that Korver being on the floor opened up Lebron for the final 5 minutes. It's as if game 1's ass whooping never happened. If I see one more pic of Lebron's swollen head I just might lose it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ May 22, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
It just kills me to read all these articles about tonight's game making the Bulls the underdogs in this series because of game 2. It's like none of the writers even watched the game to realize just how poorly the Bulls had to play for Miami to win. It's as if none of them realize that Korver being on the floor opened up Lebron for the final 5 minutes. It's as if game 1's ass whooping never happened. If I see one more pic of Lebron's swollen head I just might lose it.

Bulls were the underdogs coming into the series by most people. So Miami being able to steal a game at home versus Chicago just helps reinforce that opinion. They have all the momentum going home.

It's really weird game one was so long ago with the messed up schedule. Tho how often are the Bulls gonna be able to hold Lebron + Wade to under 20 a piece.

If the Bulls win tonight it'd be huge.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ May 22, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)

It literally went from one extreme to the complete other after games 1 & 2. After the first game all we heard was how Miami has no chance because the Bulls are too deep and Taj Gibson is the most underrated player in the NBA and then after game 2 the Bulls have no chance because LeBron dominated the last few minutes and because Haslem came from the heavens and now the Bulls have no answer for him.

I can see this series going the distance and I wouldnt be surprised if either team won, but if the Bulls can play anywhere close to how they did in game 1 then IMO it wont matter how good/bad Miami plays because the Bulls best is better then Miamis best. Obviously it remains to be seen how well either team will play and thats why they play the games.

A few of my friends who arent Bulls fans were saying the Bulls cant win in Miami which I found to be pretty funny. I know Miami is playing much better then they did in the regular season and the Bulls are a much better home team but theres a reason why the Bulls are 4-1 vs them this year, and tbh I dont think Miamis fans are very intimidating to opposing teams.

I think the Bulls lose tonight but win the next 3. I think the long layoffs help the older Heat, but once it tightens up and travel gets involved, the Bulls will be fine.