2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 22, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Uh, how about not jumping into people on shot fakes? That would probably save about 7-8 fouls a game.

I got really pissed at Rose when he decided to jump into Wade when Boozer was already there and Wade looked helpless. You pin Wade into the corner and force him to make a decision. He makes that shot maybe 20-30% of the time if he just throws it up. If he makes it, so be it. You'd rather give him that than 2 free throws.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and the bulls didnt lose because of extended rest, they didnt lose because miami is so much better, they lost because they fall apart in the late 3Q and whole 4Q defensively. Miami had 43 points in the first half. They ended up scoring 53 in the 2nd half.

the bulls proved they could hang with the Heat in the first half, but they fall apart mentally in the 2nd half, and have nobody (Rose included) who can step up and make their own shots and start a run.

QUOTE (Real @ May 22, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
oh and the bulls didnt lose because of extended rest, they didnt lose because miami is so much better, they lost because they fall apart in the late 3Q and whole 4Q defensively. Miami had 43 points in the first half. They ended up scoring 53 in the 2nd half.

the bulls proved they could hang with the Heat in the first half, but they fall apart mentally in the 2nd half, and have nobody (Rose included) who can step up and make their own shots and start a run.

They started off the third really well too, even had a lead. But Bibby totally screwed that momentum with a couple of 3s.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 22, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Correct. You let Chris Bosh beat you instead of those two 10/10 times. He got hot, it happens he's a good player. He just as easily can get cold as well. Though I will say you can not give LeBron that much court vision. He is just too good of a passer.

This thinking is dumb IMO. Maybe that's your strategy going into the game, but not after Bosh hits 11/13 jump shots. I'd rather force Lebron into contested fadeaway 20 footers than watch Bosh drain 15 footers all day.

Just got done arguing with people about Boozer sucking and being "the problem." I pointed out that Boozer had 26 and 17 and he made 10-12 FTs and I was called blind or drunk for not knowing that he was the problem, and someone else said it was the quietest 26/17 he's ever seen. I'm pretty sure that counts the same as a "loud" 26/17, and if his 26 points were quiet, Rose's 20 were muted. Seriously, if Boozer can get those numbers in any game in which Rose plays the way Rose plays, they win probably 80% of the time.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Just got done arguing with people about Boozer sucking and being "the problem." I pointed out that Boozer had 26 and 17 and he made 10-12 FTs and I was called blind or drunk for not knowing that he was the problem, and someone else said it was the quietest 26/17 he's ever seen. I'm pretty sure that counts the same as a "loud" 26/17, and if his 26 points were quiet, Rose's 20 were muted. Seriously, if Boozer can get those numbers in any game in which Rose plays the way Rose plays, they win probably 80% of the time.

Boozer certainly wasn't the problem tonight.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 23, 2011 -> 12:14 AM)
Boozer certainly wasn't the problem tonight.

He wasn't good on defense but he never is. I can live with that if he's going to get 17 boards. Joakim was on Bosh just as much, and if not for a handful of slick feeds to Boozer he would've almost literally done nothing. I mean if someone wants to point out "the problem" start there.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 22, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
He wasn't good on defense but he never is. I can live with that if he's going to get 17 boards. Joakim was on Bosh just as much, and if not for a handful of slick feeds to Boozer he would've almost literally done nothing. I mean if someone wants to point out "the problem" start there.

Boozer is what he is defensively, we all know that. He still did things tonight that just anger you but as you said if he's going to put up 26 and 17 I can deal with it. He's far from the reason we lost this game.

I'm still confident going forward. We needed to steal 1 of 2 in Miami, we still have game 4 to make that happen.

They're close to figuring it out against Miami, and once they do this is our series.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 22, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
I'm still confident going forward. We needed to steal 1 of 2 in Miami, we still have game 4 to make that happen.

They're close to figuring it out against Miami, and once they do this is our series.

I wish I was confident. Bulls look completely lost on offense. They have looked lost for the last game and a half. It's funny Steve Kerr said in Game 2 Miami just doesn't have an answer and looked like this series was gonna be all Bulls, funny how things changed and now it's the Bulls who don't have an answer. I'm hopeful, but not at all confident.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 23, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
I wish I was confident. Bulls look completely lost on offense. They have looked lost for the last game and a half. It's funny Steve Kerr said in Game 2 Miami just doesn't have an answer and looked like this series was gonna be all Bulls, funny how things changed and now it's the Bulls who don't have an answer. I'm hopeful, but not at all confident.

That also goes to show you how each game in the playoffs is its own game.

Ok, well, time to keep the whole no 3 game losing streak thing alive.

Bulls just need to even it up, then defend the UC. It's looking grim, but its not over. It's far from over.

But damnit, Jo needs to take the f***ing Tornado. He doesn't shoot it THAT badly, he's just passing up shots now.

And while I love Joakim (more than Rose), if he's not getting clean up points and grabbing boards and defending Bosh, then bring in Big Sexy. Maybe go this frontcourt rotation next game:

Asik (12)

Gibson (20)

Noah (28)

Boozer (28)

Thomas (8)

You know what? Watching Taj/Asik/Noah guard LeBron, maybe we can bust out a temporary lineup with 3 bigs.

And man, Korver hit his one three today, need to get him involved if he's gonna hit the 3.

Derrick needs to attack like a madman and go at the basket with reckless abandon.

I'm almost ready to unleash Rasual.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 22, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)

1-1 series, the team who wins game 3 wins the series 75% of the time.. its gonna be tough for them

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 23, 2011 -> 01:21 AM)
ouch

Rose has a combined two points in the fourth quarters of Games 2 and 3. "I guess I have to be more aggressive," Rose said.

The Heat are defending the ball screens for Rose really well. Probably can stop it and bringing the extra defender to the ball.

Read that Tim Donaghy predicted before the series that the refs wouldn't let Noah become involved too much.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 23, 2011 -> 12:32 AM)
so is noah gonna get a huge fine like kobe?

he addressed it postgame and apologized.

Right after the game, TNT was actually running a PSA about how using homosexual slurs as an insult is bad.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)
The Heat are defending the ball screens for Rose really well. Probably can stop it and bringing the extra defender to the ball.

Read that Tim Donaghy predicted before the series that the refs wouldn't let Noah become involved too much.

Noah hasn't been slowed because of foul trouble and bad calls, he's been slowed because he's out of position and he's committed stupid, stupid fouls. He bailed out DWade with a foul in game 2 with about 6:00 on the clock and :02 on the shot clock right at the time the Heat started pulling away.