2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Strength is not a physical gift.

And I'd bet the house that he doesn't do anything vastly different than any other superstar, ie making his physical attributes a gift. Luol Deng could be the hardest working NBA player on earth and could never come close to the same body type Bron Bron was given.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Completely disagree, Lebron is going to be the 3, unless you are suggesting Lebron 4 and Bosh 5.

If you have Lebron down low its immediately a double from whoever is on Joel Anthony, Haslem, its not coming off of Bosh.

Which creates an easy pass to that player or a massive improvement in their offensive rebounding.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
So my takeaway from this discussion is that there are people that think the clear cut best player in the NBA isn't working hard enough? Interesting.

Yes... very silly people.

From all accounts Lebron is as hard of worker as anyone, for all the people creating this Lebron doesnt work hard myth, hes probably played more games than any player in the NBA over the last few years, when you count NBA games, Olympic games, etc.

I just dont see any reality in these statements.

Well as I said earlier the only reason youd want Lebron in the paint would be to create more passing opportunities for other players,

If anything he should post more to get other guys open going to the hoop.

But that still denies the Heat what Lebron is the best at, scoring points. In the right match up I could see going to it, but against the Bulls it just would be playing to their defense (as it would be to most defenses who play pack the paint style defense).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
From all accounts Lebron is as hard of worker as anyone, for all the people creating this Lebron doesnt work hard myth, hes probably played more games than any player in the NBA over the last few years, when you count NBA games, Olympic games, etc.

I just dont see any reality in these statements.

His workouts are outstanding. His pre-game routine would demolish most of the people on this board. Then he plays an entire NBA game.

Worth noting that you can say the exact same thing about Dwight Howard as well.

They're clearly the most physically gifted players in the game, but they get by entirely on their physical skills, not on their technique.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)

They're clearly the most physically gifted players in the game, but they get by entirely on their physical skills, not on their technique.

Wow! LeBron James has no technique!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)

You mean relying on physical skills like being able to make jumpers with people draped all over him, being an incredible passer for a wing and an exceptional ball handler for his size?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
You mean relying on physical skills like being able to make jumpers with people draped all over him, being an incredible passer for a wing and an exceptional ball handler for his size?

Worth noting, Lebron is bigger than Karl Malone, yet Lebron possesses guard skills and is much quicker and more athletic than he should be at that size. The dude is 10 lbs lighter than Dwight Howard, yet could play PG in the NBA. Thats ridiculousness.

We know Rose works hard because we're privy to all the reports that he worked hard. I'm sure if we had been listening to Cleveland sports radio (God save me from that) or reading Cleveland sports pages (and now Miami) we'd be able to spout off LeBron's ethic.

This entire thread has gone to s***. LeBron is a phsycial specimen, both thanks to his physical gifts and his work ethic in the gym. You don't shoot like that without doing more than just simply "lifting weight", and you don't glide at that weight and height with such little injury without training your body to take a pounding with a work ethic that would make every poster here vomit.

Questioning LeBron's dedication to his craft is really dumb, and thinking he doesn't work hard is just ignorant.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
We know Rose works hard because we're privy to all the reports that he worked hard. I'm sure if we had been listening to Cleveland sports radio (God save me from that) or reading Cleveland sports pages (and now Miami) we'd be able to spout off LeBron's ethic.

This entire thread has gone to s***. LeBron is a phsycial specimen, both thanks to his physical gifts and his work ethic in the gym. You don't shoot like that without doing more than just simply "lifting weight", and you don't glide at that weight and height with such little injury without training your body to take a pounding with a work ethic that would make every poster here vomit.

Questioning LeBron's dedication to his craft is really dumb, and think he doesn't work hard is ignorant.

None of that has much to do with how he takes plays off on defense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)

He sure as s*** didn't in Game 4. Complain about Carlos Boozer if you have a problem with that!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)

You mean like every other player in the history of the NBA? And LeBron has been nearly Pippenesque on defense in the postseason, I don't give a damn if he takes off a few plays defensively in the regular season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Where the f*** did I ever say anything about Boozer being a good defender.

LOL, you read the post wrong. You're picking on the wrong player when it comes to taking plays off defensively in LeBron. He's been unbelievable on defense in the playoffs. He's defended the rim with authority and was glued to Rose and the sole reason the series isn't tied right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
The guy has been outstanding on the defensive end in this series.

If you go back to the beginning of those whole thing that was the point. in this series Miami has bought into playing defense like they never have have before.

Get over it, folks. If I can anyone can.

LeBron chose Miami. He did so in the douchiest way humanly possible, but it's over. There's no reason to dog him as he kicks the Bulls' asses.

Now, that all being said, I am going to say that the Bulls will still win this series. :ph34r:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
If you go back to the beginning of those whole thing that was the point. in this series Miami has bought into playing defense like they never have have before.

Admittedly I haven't watched the Heat against Philly or Boston but looking at the box scores it looks like Lebron and company were equally as stifling.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Admittedly I haven't watched the Heat against Philly or Boston but looking at the box scores it looks like Lebron and company were equally as stifling.

That's the thing. No non-Heat fan or bandwagoner watches them every night. This D didn't come from nowhere.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
That's the thing. No non-Heat fan or bandwagoner watches them every night. This D didn't come from nowhere.

But it's on another level compared to the regular season.