2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
If you watched this game start to finish and think LeBron in the best player in the league you're out of your mind. Half the points he gets are just gift wrapped from the officials, and this amazing LeBron defense? When you cant be called for a foul it makes it pretty easy.

Bosh beat us, Wade killed us... and we lost again. This series, and all of LeBron pandering to the refs and all that BS just made it obvious he's really the 3rd best player on that team.

Um, excuse me. Did you really just say LeBron is the third best player on the Heat? Because if you did, I'm going to kill myself. The blood is on your hands.

Um, excuse me. Did you really just say LeBron is the third best player on the Heat? Because if you did, I'm going to kill myself. The blood is on your hands.

Yes, I really said that. Sorry bout you dying.

Next year rose will average 28/10, you can book it

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 29/12, he is legitimately embarassed at how his team went out in this series, he's gonna bust his ass at getting better

i know this isn't what a lot of people want to hear right now (understandbly so), but the bulls are gonna be awesome next year

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 29/12, he is legitimately embarassed at how his team went out in this series, he's gonna bust his ass at getting better

i know this isn't what a lot of people want to hear right now (understandbly so), but the bulls are gonna be awesome next year

Its not so much Rose as it is the 2nd option.

I have a hard time believing Deng replicates the year he just had, Boozer isn't as bad as people are making him to be but he's not that great either, Noah isn't a reliable scorer against above average competition, Korver/Brewer/Bogans/WhateveratSG has been unreliable all season.

I think Gibson will be the type of player the Bulls are looking for, but it will be for another team.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:38 AM)
If you watched this game start to finish and think LeBron in the best player in the league you're out of your mind. Half the points he gets are just gift wrapped from the officials, and this amazing LeBron defense? When you cant be called for a foul it makes it pretty easy.

Bosh beat us, Wade killed us... and we lost again. This series, and all of LeBron pandering to the refs and all that BS just made it obvious he's really the 3rd best player on that team.

I'm not sure there has ever been a more incorrect post in the history of this board. Congrats, you should be proud.

QUOTE (Real @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:42 AM)

By the way Real, I'm definitely apologizing to you now that I'm more level headed.

But still, that Rios' arm thread last year will always be in my mind.

People that think the Mavs have a chance are crazy.

The only way the Mavs can win is if Bosh somehow has a horses*** series but I don't think that's going to happen.

If Miami gets the first two, this thing may be a sweep.

I'd say Miami in five though.

If the Bulls could only make it to five, no way the Mavs will make it past five.

This sucks because the Heat, barring injury to LeBron, are gonna be around a long time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2011 -> 02:00 AM)
This sucks because the Heat, barring injury to LeBron, are gonna be around a long time.

I don't entirely buy this. Wade is 29 and is breaking down more and more every game. Bosh is still inconsistent and unless something happens with the CBA, they still won't be able to bring in supporting players that will fill holes.

Chicago Gets: Iguodala, Howard

Phoenix Gets: Brewer, Boozer, $3M (Bulls)

Magic Get: Asik, Gibson, Songalia, Watson, Lucas, Pargo, Bobcats Pick, Both Bulls 1st Rounders, Second Rounder, $3M (Bulls)

Philly Gets: Carter, Redick, Second Rounder (Via Phoenix), $3M (Bulls), Future Bulls First, Future Second Rounder (Bulls)

Why Chicago: Team becomes Rose-Iguodala-Deng-Noah-Howard-Watson-Korver-Bogans. Resign Kurt and Rasual for the bench.. The starting five has two ball handlers, 3 guys who are OK to Good from 3pt, a rebounding monstrosity, a center with some post moves, and Noah to get clean up points/hit the Tornado. Also, that starting fives defense would be like the Bench Mob's on crack.

Why Phoenix: Get an athletic SG to put next to Nash and a PF not named Warrick for Nash to toy with if they feel like they can make one last run at the West. $3M for the pick.

Why Magic: Getting two, young, cheap defensive studs in Asik and Gibson, along with expiring contracts which clear up payroll (which Orlando desperately needs), 3 first rounders and a second rounder to help build again, and $3M to help with cap more.

Why Philly: Get a huge expiring in Carter, allow Turner to be the man in Philly with AI2 gone, get a shooter for Turner to use in Redick, a pick, $3M in cash, and of course picks.

Damnit GarPax, get this fantastical pipe dream done.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Brian @ May 27, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)
I don't entirely buy this. Wade is 29 and is breaking down more and more every game. Bosh is still inconsistent and unless something happens with the CBA, they still won't be able to bring in supporting players that will fill holes.

For a guy who's breaking down, Wade had a scary amount left in the tank to demolish the Bulls in the 4th.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
Its not all on Rose, he has a coach who put him in these situations.

You are allowed to call plays from the bench and try and force other guys to get involved.

All things considered, Rose played well. If he played great they probably win at least 1 more game. But this was his first rodeo, hell have more.

WTF? Thibs called the "Miss the free throw" play?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
Well, that was one hell of a collapse.

Yeah I'm still depressed.

Trying to stay optimistic though. I really think they'll be able to find someone to bring in to take this team to the next level. Who wouldn't want to play with a 22 year, out-of-this-world point guard that only has room to improve and an elite coach?

I don't really follow other NBA teams. Does Dallas have any nasty players? I think you need to get hard with James and Wade. I'm not talking Boozers stupid flagrant fouls at the worst time of the game. Although, I think both calls were borderline. Last night James was holding the ball right in front of his face on that drive. Boozer wasn't trying to hit him in the face, he has 2 flag fouls in his entire career. I think it was just typical piss poor defense and he missed the ball and hit James in the mouf. Boozer is an absolute waste of money and his lazy ass contributes nothing to this team. Players like him, at least in this stage of his career, are a dime a dozen.

Anyway, someone on Dallas needs to take hard fouls early and often. If you're going to foul a dude, make it count. I have no doubt James will get out of his game if he's played like that. He did whatever he wanted against the Bulls, because they are a finesse team. Almost every foul the Bulls committed was ticky tack crap. They needed to find their inner Pistons circa 89. IMO that's how you beat this Heat team. We'll see if Dallas is up for the task.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)

NO NO NO...and I´m not a LBJ fan but he is no doubt the best player in the world.

It´s true that if you breathe on LBJ, it´s a foul nowadays but that´s not his fault, that´s the f***ing refs helping him out when he doesn´t need it.

I never complain about the refs but some of those calls in the second half were atrocious.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:03 AM)
Kobe doesn't seem happy in L.A. He wasn't even consulted with in the Mike Brown acquisition. Any chance he could be traded to us?

I would literally orgasm in my pants but that will never happen.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
NO NO NO...and I´m not a LBJ but he is no doubt the best player in the world.

It´s true that if you breathe on LBJ, it´s a foul nowadays but that´s not his fault, that´s the f***ing refs helping him out when he doesn´t need it.

I never complain about the refs but some of those calls in the second half were atrocious.

The reffing the last five minutes of the 3rd quarter was laughable.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
NO NO NO...and I´m not a LBJ but he is no doubt the best player in the world.

It wasn't just the 2nd half, it was the whole f***ing game. Heck, the whole series. But this game in particular, I was b****ing about the refs even when the Bulls were up by 12 or 13. This was just not a fairly called series. That's all there is to it.

b****ing aside, I'm depressed but I feel the Bulls will make some sort of move to acquire a shooting guard and will be even better next year. At least, I sure as hell hope so.

Bulls didnt lose the series because Rose shot 81% from the ft line. Even if that is 4% below his season average, the Bulls did not lose because Rose shot 80% from fts.

Sure the ones late in the game sting more, but Rose has been a pretty solid ft shooter and some just arent going to go in.

But yeah if you want to blame Rose for not being perfect from the line, but those are just unreasonable expectations.