2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Like how he stood pat at the deadline when the team desperately needed a SG?

The Grizzlies didn't want to deal with the Bulls and the other option was Courtney Lee. And Asik is more valuable than him. There weren't many options unless you wanted Anthony Parker. But I agree that the Bulls desperately need to add a 30-minute-per-game shooting guard. I love Brewer, but he score off the dribble and help create for Derrick.

I am beginning to think that Iman Shumpert will be drafted by the Bulls. He is blowing up right now so may not be there. Fathom where are you? Would he big a good fit w/ Rose? I like his size, length and athleticism.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
The Grizzlies didn't want to deal with the Bulls and the other option was Courtney Lee. And Asik is more valuable than him. There weren't many options unless you wanted Anthony Parker.

I am beginning to think that Iman Shumpert will be drafted by the Bulls. He is blowing up right now so may not be there. Fathom where are you? Would he big a good fit w/ Rose? I like his size, length and athleticism.

I'm just not confident in the front office's ability to pull off a big deal for a big name player. The last two big name players the Bulls signed (Wallace and Boozer) have turned out like crap and I don't even remember the last time the Bulls made a blockbuster trade (unless you somehow count the Salmons and Miller trade).

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 27, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
The Grizzlies didn't want to deal with the Bulls and the other option was Courtney Lee. And Asik is more valuable than him. There weren't many options unless you wanted Anthony Parker.

Yes, the Bulls love Shumpert and it was the main reason he declared for the draft. His combine numbers were as good as anyone's seen in a long time. He'd be a great fit as a defensive point guard off the bench. His shooting isn't very good, but he's a great passer and someone who will flourish under better coaching. I simply am stunned that more experts don't have him as a first round pick. If I had to pick between Shumpert or someone like Darius Morris, it would be an easy decision.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
I'm just not confident in the front office's ability to pull off a big deal for a big name player. The last two big name players the Bulls signed (Wallace and Boozer) have turned out like crap and I don't even remember the last time the Bulls made a blockbuster trade (unless you somehow count the Salmons and Miller trade).

I am not completely sold on that either, but this is the first time the Bulls actually have good looking assets to trade. Noah is pretty valuable. We have a lot of expiring contracts that are attractive. And the rights to the Charlotte pick which is gonna be in the lottery. So while we haven't done it in the past, I think we can in the future. But first this whole CBA thing has to get resolved.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Yes, the Bulls love Shumpert and it was the main reason he declared for the draft. His combine numbers were as good as anyone's seen in a long time. He'd be a great fit as a defensive point guard off the bench. His shooting isn't very good, but he's a great passer and someone who will flourish under better coaching. I simply am stunned that more experts don't have him as a first round pick. If I had to pick between Shumpert or someone like Darius Morris, it would be an easy decision.

I just read the scouting report on the guy, he looks like a great fit for that 30th pick, assuming he's still available at that pick after his great combine numbers.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
I just read the scouting report on the guy, he looks like a great fit for that 30th pick, assuming he's still available at that pick after his great combine numbers.

He's easily the best defensive point guard in the draft.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
He's easily the best defensive point guard in the draft.

What's the chance the Bulls take him, develop him as a PG and let Rose run more like a SG on offense? Because Shumpert obviously has the size to guard 2s.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
What's the chance the Bulls take him, develop him as a PG and let Rose run more like a SG on offense? Because Shumpert obviously has the size to guard 2s.

That's a bad idea.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Like how he stood pat at the deadline when the team desperately needed a SG?

What other teams were snubbed by the "big Three"? Which of those teams ended up with the one seed? Parting with Asik for what was out there would have been dumb. This front office knows what they are doing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)

If the Bulls don't trade their picks, I'd be very surprised if he's not one of their two picks. They liked him last year, during this season, and that was before his impressive combine. The Lakers also like him, FWIW.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)

I dont know Shumpert very well but Darius Morris is no slouch.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
That's a bad idea.

Perhaps it would work with Russell Westbrook instead. But this last series showed me that Rose's PG skills are pretty meh.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
I dont know Shumpert very well but Darius Morris is no slouch.

Morris has some character concerns. He was not a good influence in the Michigan locker room apparently. I watched a lot of Michigan play last year, and Morris is a very good passer but provided little in terms of scoring (with regards to translating to an NBA offense).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Morris has some character concerns. He was not a good influence in the Michigan locker room apparently. I watched a lot of Michigan play last year, and Morris is a very good passer but provided little in terms of scoring.

Oh s***, Shumpert is a Husky from OPRF??

Shumpert is a great, very personable kid. He was unfortunate enough to play for a terrible coach, but I was blown away by his improvement from last year to this year. Just ask UNC fans what they think of Iman Jordan. Like I said earlier, there's no doubt in my mind he can be an elite defender in the NBA. He destroyed James Anderson in the Tournament a few years ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
Shumpert is a great, very personable kid. He was unfortunate enough to play for a terrible coach, but I was blown away by his improvement from last year to this year. Just ask UNC fans what they think of Iman Jordan. Like I said earlier, there's no doubt in my mind he can be an elite defender in the NBA. He destroyed James Anderson in the Tournament a few years ago.

Now I know who he is, big kid, looks to have a nice shot as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Now I know who he is, big kid, looks to have a nice shot as well.

He had great form on his shot, but always shot a low percentage due to Paul Hewitt's Clogged Toilet Offense. When he was open and didn't have to rush his shot, he was pretty pure. His biggest issue was turnovers, as he would get sloppy trying to do too much on offense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)

just a pipe dream. like every other superstar that was gonna come here: wade, lebron, carmello.

we're stuck with boozer after his performance this season. what a season it was for him too after he started off breaking his hand.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
Oh s***, Shumpert is a Husky from OPRF??

Really? I could have sworn he went to King.

Edit: I was thinking of Imari Sawyer, oops.

Edited by LittleHurt05