2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
He was walking away from the refs too. It'd be one thing if he was doing that in someone's face but the way that went down was ridiculous.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
Especially because of how many times Wade was literally in a refs face during that game.

Expressing disbelief when watching the biggest moment of your life fail in front of you is nothing comparable to getting in someones face and yelling "WHAT THE f*** WAS THAT YOU STUPID s***?!"

And LeBron got in the refs face the next play.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Finally got to watch this, that was a play I was screaming about as it was happening. Lebron never establishes a pivot foot when he plays, he drags them both all the time.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
You know what's funny is that he's becoming more and more credible over time with his analysis of officiating, despite the fact that he rigged games. It's a lot like Jose Conseco becoming one of the most credible guys about steroids.

In the era of youtube and the internet, at some point the league is going to have to clean this stuff up. Once the casual viewer starts to believe the games are rigged, there goes the sport. I think that's where Cuban could make a huge difference if he starts publicly calling out the blown calls.

No kidding. He's mad that he was the only one caught when really, it's a corrupt as f*** league. Hell, if he came back he'd probably be the best ref.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)

f*** them.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
Miami better hope that Dallas doesnt get hot from the floor, because the Miami offense is seemingly to hope Lebron makes a shot or pray that the refs call a foul.

If Ibaka couldn't slow Dirk down, Bosh won't.

Dear Van Gundy,

No one cares Lebron went to a different city, but I think we can all agree that it would be pretty classless if I left my employer wondering for months if I was going to return and had a national press conference about how I was taking my talents to another place.

Keep defending Lebron though because the only thing I can think of is that you want the Miami job.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
It's a damn shame that such a crap sports town got so many talented players based on the party location. The fact that Game 1 isn't even sold out yet is pretty maddening.

Florida is a bad sports state in general.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
This Heat team was put together to ruin lives.

It sucks when hacks like Mike Miller are contributing and Jason Terry can't hit anything.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Id wager a lot of money Heat dont win 5 championships in a row starting today.

They've got the east on lock. That's for sure, IMO. Even if Wade "declines," it won't matter because LeBron will be the best player in the game until at least age 30 and Bosh is only 27.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
And the NBA seems to back them all the way. The refs are assuring them a championship. S**t!

And if the internet was as prevalent in the 90's as it is today you'd have every non-Bulls fan saying the same thing about Jordan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
This Heat defense is as good as any I've seen since the late 90's Bulls. It's a wrap. Heat for the next 5 years.

The 2010-2011 Bulls defense was better than the Heat's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
And if the internet was as prevalent in the 90's as it is today you'd have every non-Bulls fan saying the same thing about Jordan.

lolwut jordan sparked interest for people who were never interested in the nba.

people loathe lebron for the way he went about leaving cleveland.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
And the NBA seems to back them all the way. The refs are assuring them a championship. S**t!

Did people even watch the game tonight? The Mavericks shot 6 more FTs and had shot 10 more before a couple of late fouls that put the Heat to the line. The Heat were simply the better team tonight. The Heat got the benefit of the calls in the third quarter of Game 5 against the Bulls (and the officiating in that quarter was beyond ridiculous) but the Bulls still had a 12 point lead with 4 minutes to go and choked that away. Would they have been up more than 12 if it wasn't for the officiating maybe, maybe not. Did the officiating cost them game 5? Maybe, but they would have lost Game 6 anyways and there is not a chance in hell that the NBA wanted that series to end in 5 games with the ratings it was getting.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
lolwut jordan sparked interest for people who were never interested in the nba.

people loathe lebron for the way he went about leaving cleveland.

Did you read the post of the person I responded to? Had nothing to do with how much people hate/like LeBron.