2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
Wade is a fall away from being done for an extended period of time. I'm interested to see how he's doing next January-February. That'll be 1.5 seasons (plus a long playoff run) of 40ish minutes of all-out basketball against teams that are giving you their all.

Wade's style of play will always make him susceptible to sudden injury. But I do think that playing with LeBron & Bosh may slow down his decline. With those two guys, he can miss 20-30 games in the regular season and it's not like their playoff seed would be greatly hurt. That would also keep him fresher for the playoffs.

Dear Dallas,

If you want to beat Miami, you can´t miss open shots, you´re not the Bulls, you can make those...you also can´t let the Heat bench outscore your bench, they are supposed to suck but they´ve gotten good production from someone off the bench the last few series, stop that or this series will be over in 4 or 5 tops.

Concerned NBA fan

Ellis and Rose in the same backcourt is a bad idea.

Monta is basically a poor man's Rose, why bother when the Bulls have the real thing? They both need the ball, neither can consistently hit outside shots, and neither can guard the 2 (realistically, Monta can't guard anyone). At least Lebron and Wade defend and they are both capable of shooting 50% from the floor on the year, Rose and Ellis were both around 45%.

The Warriors are actually 6.6 points BETTER per 100 possessions when he is not on the floor. That's pretty impressive considering no one on that team plays any defense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)
The Mavs missed a ton of wide open looks last night. I wouldn't be surprised to see them steal one tomorrow night and make this a series.

I remember saying this about the Bulls many, many games in a row.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
I remember saying this about the Bulls many, many games in a row.

But the Mavs have guys that actually hit a lot of open shots on a much more frequent basis.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
But the Mavs have guys that actually hit a lot of open shots on a much more frequent basis.

This is true, but the Mavs also shot over 40% from 3 yesterday so it isn't like they shot particularly poorly. They just had an extremely difficult time finishing inside the arc against the Heat and that problem likely persists throughout the series.

Some one asked if Miami won 4 of 5 championships would it ruin the NBA, the answer is no.

Reffing is what ruins the NBA, it has nothing to do with the players on the court. If Miami earned 5 championships, I have no problem with that. I just dont believe they are good enough to do it. Lebron is the best player in the league, but Im thinking 2-3 is far more reasonable over the next 5 seasons.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
Isn't some of it the lower average income? I thought Florida was kind of a poor state.

I think it has more to do with the fact that a higher percentage of the population werent born and raised there, similar to LA. For the most part when people move to a new city later in life they keep their alliances with their favorite teams.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
Isn't some of it the lower average income? I thought Florida was kind of a poor state.

I wouldnt call it a "poor" state. It's actually a middl eo fthe pack state when it comes to per capita income. A lot of the state is based on tourism (Orlando, Miami). I was talking to someone who lives in Orlando and he knows people who call Tampa "the real city" because it's economy isnt based on tourism like Orlando's is. The state was really hit hard by the economic recession. It killed housing down there. Houses that once sold for $330,000 in 2006 near Orlando can be grabbed for $140,000.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
I think it has more to do with the fact that a higher percentage of the population werent born and raised there, similar to LA. For the most part when people move to a new city later in life they keep their alliances with their favorite teams.

That's a solid point as well. My wife and I will be moving to Florida int he next 5 years and you wont get me changing my alliances from the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Sox.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
That's a solid point as well. My wife and I will be moving to Florida int he next 5 years and you wont get me changing my alliances from the Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Sox.

There are a s***load of chicagoans down there. Thats why a bunch of Geno's etc opened up. Alot of east coasters as well, which is why you see alot of jewish delis and even Primanti bros sandwich shops. Its kind of like Cali and AZ in that nobody grew up there.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
Some one asked if Miami won 4 of 5 championships would it ruin the NBA, the answer is no.

Reffing is what ruins the NBA, it has nothing to do with the players on the court. If Miami earned 5 championships, I have no problem with that. I just dont believe they are good enough to do it. Lebron is the best player in the league, but Im thinking 2-3 is far more reasonable over the next 5 seasons.

Even this isn´t going to be easy.They will certainly be in the mix for the next few years but to think they´ll rattle off 5 or 6 championships in a row is just too damn hard to do.

The Heat are the top dog in the East, the Bulls need to add a piece or two and grow as a team and they´ll really challenge Miami.I´m looking foward to some great Heat Bulls battles these upcoming years, I don´t buy the Heat will be unbeatable nonsense.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Even this isn´t going to be easy.They will certainly be in the mix for the next few years but to think they´ll rattle off 5 or 6 championships in a row is just too damn hard to do.

The Heat are the top dog in the East, the Bulls need to add some pieces and grow as a team and they´ll really challenge Miami.I´m looking foward to some great Heat Bulls battles this upcoming years, I don´t buy the Heat will be unbeatable nonsense.

If the CBA stays as-is, I have no doubt that's exactly what would happen. Their bench would fill out happily with the MLE and veterans exemptions every year, they'd be the deepest team in the NBA next year from guys who are free agents and want a ring, and they'll be in a position to have lots of expiring deals every year. They couldn't do it this year prior to the season because they had to actually sign the little 3, but they were able to wrap things up once the season got underway and other teams started making cuts.

Mike Bibby turned down $5 million in exchange for a ring and he's going to get it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
If the CBA stays as-is, I have no doubt that's exactly what would happen. Their bench would fill out happily with the MLE and veterans exemptions every year, they'd be the deepest team in the NBA next year from guys who are free agents and want a ring, and they'll be in a position to have lots of expiring deals every year. They couldn't do it this year prior to the season because they had to actually sign the little 3, but they were able to wrap things up once the season got underway and other teams started making cuts.

Mike Bibby turned down $5 million in exchange for a ring and he's going to get it.

What would prevent another 3 headed monster team to form like the one in Miami?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
What would prevent another 3 headed monster team to form like the one in Miami?

There should be one in NYC pretty soon..

The disparity between the top few teams and the bottom teams is going to grow larger with the next few years and pretty weak drafts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
There should be one in NYC pretty soon..

The disparity between the top few teams and the bottom teams is going to grow larger with the next few years and pretty weak drafts.

And if Howard goes to LA or Chicago you'd have to think they'd be on par with Miami.

Edited by BigSqwert