2010-2011 NBA Thread

Two things - first, the Magic would never deal Dwight to another Eastern Conference team, second, I refuse to speculate on the destination of any superstars in the NBA ever again. Just look to Gerry's sig for a reminder of why.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Two things - first, the Magic would never deal Dwight to another Eastern Conference team, second, I refuse to speculate on the destination of any superstars in the NBA ever again. Just look to Gerry's sig for a reminder of why.

Maybe he´ll pull a LeBron, like keep the Magic front office in the dark and take his talents to the Windy City as a free agent to combat the Evil 3 :pray

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
And to think he only has 1 MVP award, that´s insane.

Pathetic and disgusting are the words that come to mind for me. He probably should've won it in '98 (yes, over Jordan). But he missed 22 games and there was no way MJ wasn't getting it in what many believed would be his last year. Definitely should've won it in '01 over Iverson's inefficient, chucking ass. Had a good case for '05 (Believe he finished 2nd to Nash).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Also, slightly OT but LOL at Jabbar's open letter to Pippen. You have to love a guy chastising another player for lack of perspective when he has no perspective of his own. He cites Chamberlain's stats as an argument in favor of saying Chamberlain is greater than Jordan but failing to take into account that Chamberlain's stats were incredibly inflated due to the fact that games had 30 to 40 more possessions in that era and the players sucked and shot a lower percentage than they do now so there was a lot more rebounds to be had. He then proceeds to use Russell's rings as an argument against Jordan being the GOAT. Ignoring for a second that Jordan was a statistically superior player to Wilt over the course of their careers, you can't have it both ways Kareem. Jordan had 6 rings to Wilt's 2 so if you want to make an argument based on rings then Jordan blows Wilt out of the water. Also, against he cites Russell's rebounding totals as a reason Russell is an all time great. As I already pointed out, rebounding numbers were incredibly inflated due to inferior players and an incredibly faster paced game. Bringing up Russell in a greatest ever discussion is so laughable I don't even know where to begin. The guy was a great defender and obviously won an incredible amount of championships. But he played on teams loaded with all stars and hall of famers and was an average offensive basketball player. If Jordan played in that era he could score 50 in on a bad night.

Wilt was also a giant during a time when all the other centers were like 6'6" or whatever. There was no one around who could stop him. Not that it takes anything away from his stats, but a little perspective. Also Kareem brings up the fact that there were only 8 teams and mentions the 8 championships... and there were how many teams then? Not 30. He undermines his own argument.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
THe key is you aren't asking him to be a starting 2. You are asking him to be your sixth man. Essentially, to be your Jason Terry. And I think he could be that.

IIRC, he was asked to be the 6th man while here. He had a problem with it. What makes you think that he'll be okay with doing it now?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
IIRC, he was asked to be the 6th man while here. He had a problem with it. What makes you think that he'll be okay with doing it now?

The point of the whole article was that he's going to be a lot different after the perspective of rotting on a s***ty team in a s***ty situation in Detroit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
The point of the whole article was that he's going to be a lot different after the perspective of rotting on a s***ty team in a s***ty situation in Detroit.

And he already got paid

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Christ, that basket interference wasn't even close and they still refused to call it.

You're going to be happier if you just change the channel. You already know how this will end.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Christ, that basket interference wasn't even close and they still refused to call it.

I know people hate the Heat but Dallas is getting more than their fair share of calls in this series. Hell, if anything the calls have gone Dallas's way.