2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
Their offense just died. It was amazing to watch. LeBron pound the ball, shoot a low% desperation 3. Wade pound the ball, shoot a low% desperation 3 or long 2. Give Dallas all the credit in the world, though. They could've easily said f*** it and looked at the 3 games at home as their last crutch.

This is their third double digit deficit in the 4 Q that they've come back and won in the playoffs. Of course, they choked a 23 point lead vs Portland too, but meh.

They're pretty tenacious.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
They haven't had anyone in the middle to support him AT ALL until this year.

They should've won in 2006 and had no business losing to the Warriors in '07. Back then you could get away with playing small forwards on Dirk for long stretches at a time because he wasn't always aggressive and settled for long jumpers. He's nothing like that now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
I literally came here to post "The NBA just lost a fan" and then the Mavericks did that.....

I obviously called that game to early, but this series looked like it was completely over with about 6 minutes to go. And then Miami decided to run the Illini end of game offense and do nothing but take long contested jump shots for the last 5 minutes. That is third time in the last 4 or 5 games of the playoffs where a team has lost because they didn't run any good offensive sets for an incredibly long stretch to end a game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
They should've won in 2006 and had no business losing to the Warriors in '07. Back then you could get away with playing small forwards on Dirk for long stretches at a time because he wasn't always aggressive and settled for long jumpers. He's nothing like that now.

True. He gets dirty more underneath, which makes that fadeaway of his that much more deadly. You cannot guard it one on one.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
How sweet would it be if Dallas won 4 straight?

They've got to win at least 2/3 at home. I can't see them winning three straight. I think that's only happened three times since the NBA went to the 2-3-2 format. They definitely can't lose 2/3 and then have to go back to Miami and win 2.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I did find it sad that Wade was having a huge game and LeBron couldn't handle it. He wanted to be the hero and ended up costing the Heat the game along with Chris Bosh playing his usual p**** role.

it will be interesting to see how they handle the post game press conferences, together, separate, or 2 and 1

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I did find it sad that Wade was having a huge game and LeBron couldn't handle it. He wanted to be the hero and ended up costing the Heat the game along with Chris Bosh playing his usual p**** role.

Wade was equally awful down the stretch. Neither guy attacked the basket and both held the ball and then took awful jump shots.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)

I dont know about that. James had 4 shots in the last 5 minutes and Wade had 3. Just didnt seem like any of the other 3 Heat players wanted to participate down the stretch.

Barkley summed it up perfectly just now. He said Wade and James were trying to play hero but launching 3's as the shot clock neared zero.

James should have just lowered his head and bulldozed his way to the rim. He would have gotten the call if there was any contact.

Even with LeBron and Wade's stupidity, this one falls on Bosh yet again. The p**** is shooting 9-34 in the first two games so far. Would be great to see Spoelstra, Wade, or LeBron call him out in the media. But Bosh is too fragile mentally to handle it.

I have to admit, even as a Heat fan, I wouldn't be upset to see Dirk and Kidd get a title.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
Even with LeBron and Wade's stupidity, this one falls on Bosh yet again. The p**** is shooting 9-34 in the first two games so far. Would be great to see Spoelstra, Wade, or LeBron call him out in the media. But Bosh is too fragile mentally to handle it.

I have to admit, even as a Heat fan, I wouldn't be upset to see Dirk and Kidd get a title.

Umm, no. If you're going to put it on one guy (and you shouldn't), it falls on LeBron. He went invisible in the fourth quarter (2 points, no field goals), and stood by as an epic collapse happened. A collapse like that is really a team effort, though. All Miami had to do was luck into a shot or two during the run Dallas went on to tie it, and it would have been enough. They just completely fell asleep. Dallas obviously deserves a ton of credit too though, as they took full advantage. Coach Spo had a rough end of the game too, putting Bosh on Dirk (lol) and running out of timeouts, but that's no surprise.

Dallas needs Barea and Peja to wake up if they want any real shot at winning the series, and they're not going to win all 3 in Dallas (and thus, 4 in a row) against this opponent. But they needed a miracle win or two to get this series, and also needed to get something in Miami, and now they've done both. They have to figure out a way to get the majority of the games in Dallas. If they somehow win all three and thus four in a row, it'd be about as shocking as the comeback tonight was IMO, but 2 of 3 is possible if they play really well. Game 3 is unique, I don't think Dallas can win the series, but I think a loss would just about lose it for them.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I literally came here to post "The NBA just lost a fan" and then the Mavericks did that.....

The NBA is going to lose A TON of fans like you (and me) if Miami wins this series. Not to mention what the lockout next season is going to do. They need a miracle series win by Dallas and a miracle agreement on a CBA.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 01:38 AM)
Umm, no. If you're going to put it on one guy (and you shouldn't), it falls on LeBron. He went invisible in the fourth quarter (2 points, no field goals), and stood by as an epic collapse happened. A collapse like that is really a team effort, though. All Miami had to do was luck into a shot or two during the run Dallas went on to tie it, and it would have been enough. They just completely fell asleep. Dallas obviously deserves a ton of credit too though, as they took full advantage. Coach Spo had a rough end of the game too, putting Bosh on Dirk (lol) and running out of timeouts, but that's no surprise.

Dallas needs Barea and Peja to wake up if they want any real shot at winning the series, and they're not going to win all 3 in Dallas (and thus, 4 in a row) against this opponent. But they needed a miracle win or two to get this series, and also needed to get something in Miami, and now they've done both. They have to figure out a way to get the majority of the games in Dallas. If they somehow win all three and thus four in a row, it'd be about as shocking as the comeback tonight was IMO, but 2 of 3 is possible if they play really well. Game 3 is unique, I don't think Dallas can win the series, but I think a loss would just about lose it for them.

The NBA is going to lose A TON of fans like you (and me) if Miami wins this series. Not to mention what the lockout next season is going to do. They need a miracle series win by Dallas and a miracle agreement on a CBA.

In the finals does it change to a 2-3-2 format? I thought it stayed at 2-2-1-1-1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
Where you been the last 27 years?

pfft less than 5 years ago the first round was only 5 games, Stern changes the playoff format at will

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
IIRC, he was asked to be the 6th man while here. He had a problem with it. What makes you think that he'll be okay with doing it now?

Detroit is going to really, really suck, and he is still going to be a bench player.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)

They've already lost me, but I have been thinking of coming back and finding a new team to root for. But like you said, Miami winning would make it hard for me to do that.