2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
However the CBA works, they will get to keep Wade/Lebron, its Bosh thats up in the air. For all I said bad about Wade, he really stepped up in the finals, its just a question of Wade/Lebron playing that way together. It just doesnt seem to happen like it should. Losing Bosh could potentially even help them because they may not feel the need to force it a third guy.

As long as they have Wade/Lebron Miami is going to be a nightmare team.

Funny how the stats at the end would only refer to how Wade and Lebron were doing, not Bosh, he's really become an afterthought now.

That team really needs a bonafide stud defensive center to allow Wade and Lebron to do their thing offensively. Someone like Dwight Howard would be perfect, but that's not happening. I wonder how a healthy Andrew Bogut would go on that team instead of Bosh actually.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
They're going to be tough with those two, but no matter how talented a team is, nothing is ever guaranteed. Health issues could pop up, LBJs curious vanishing act in the 4th could become the norm, they might not entirely jell and other things can occur.

The Heat are going to have to come to the understanding that Wade is the first option, and LeBron can be the facilitator that he seems to prefer. Put Riley back on the bench next year and they will be ok.

I dont think Riley is coming back. Miami needs a coach who has an offensive system that he can get them to play. The triangle offense wasnt spectacular, but it made the Bulls offense more than just whatever Jordan happened do that night.

Spoelstra is just not polished enough to be given that type of talent.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Baseball isn't the game of athleticism that basketball is, but yeah, Babe Ruth would be worse in today's game.

Indeed. I think Bird could be an 18-20 PPG scorer. But it would be almost laughable to see guys like LeBron, Marion, Granger, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, AK47, etc, draped all over him. Back in the 80's you had Dominique and I guess Worthy. That was it at the SF position.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
bet dan gilbert is happy tonight

His promise of winning a championship before LeBron still holds true.

If the Bulls don't win it anytime soon, I really hope Cleveland does just to make Gilbert's promise true.

I've never enjoyed a championship for a team I don't care about as much as this one. Just seeing Dirk's emotion, then Kidd, Terry, Marion, and of course Mark Cuban. Awesome. The Dallas fanbase seems pretty good too, good for the Mavs.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
why are you being a dickhole for no reason what-so-ever?

Because I remember your dickhole responses last summer and then you come in and be a hater. It's ok, kid (since I'm an old dickhole). And I'm just pulling your chain.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
I now realize how weak the eastern conference really is. The Mavs totally exposed the Heat as frauds.

I concur. That's why I worry the Bulls blew their best chance, they only faced one good team and lost to them. The East can only get better one would think.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Indeed. I think Bird could be an 18-20 PPG scorer. But it would be almost laughable to see guys like LeBron, Marion, Granger, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, AK47, etc, draped all over him. Back in the 80's you had Dominique and I guess Worthy. That was it at the SF position.

Without even looking, you're forgetting Julius Erving, George Gervin and Bernard King. s***, if you're going down to guys like Andrei f***ing Kirilenko I'm sure there are some other SF's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)

And Erving and English and King and Dantley and Aguirre and Wilkes and......Mickey Johnson was no slouch. Don't kid yourself there were some good ones.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Because I remember your dickhole responses last summer and then you come in and be a hater. It's ok, kid (since I'm an old dickhole). And I'm just pulling your chain.

Ide be interested to see these comments I made as I don't remember being a dickhole in any of them.. the only thing I did was say that I liked the Heat and would be following them as my team now.. I wasn't talking s*** to anyone.. and me saying "well that sucked" isn't a "hater" statement.. believe it or not, not everyone hates the Heat.. why don't you get off the sour grapes of the Heat wiping their ass with the Bulls and relax

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Without even looking, you're forgetting Julius Erving, George Gervin and Bernard King. s***, if you're going down to guys like Andrei f***ing Kirilenko I'm sure there are some other SF's.

I'll give you Julius. Though his best years were clearly in the ABA. Gervin and King couldn't spell defense, let alone play any. Alex English is another 1-way SF that comes to mind. There weren't many defensive studs that played SF in the 80's.