2010-2011 NBA Thread

Bosh sounded hellishly mad at LeBron.

He's changed since the playoffs began. It almost seems like he isn't a Big Three anymore.

Almost enough for me to think Bosh for Boozer would be a good swap for both teams. Bosh can hit a jumper and opens up space for Noah.

Boozer would technically be the bang-down-in-the-post guy for Miami.

It won't happen, but I got sick of Boozer during the playoffs and grew to respect Bosh a smidgen.

But, we'll just have to see how Boozer does next year while Bosh is traded for some role players.

Edited by Quinarvy

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Rick Adelman be a legitimate candidate for this job? He's handled superstars before, he's had quite a bit of success in the past, he's been close but has never had the talent necessary to win it all.

Just a thought that might make more logical sense than Jackson.

If the Heat ditch Bosh and don't replace him with someone capable of a post game, they don't even make the finals. He will probably take "heat" that is uncalled for this post season. Nowhere near the reason they came up short.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
‎"Doesn't matter cause at the end of the day, those people are still going to wake up tomorrow with their problems. I'm going to wake up great tomorrow" - LeBron James.

Soooo he tries to s*** on his critics and fails badly. This quote pretty much confirms everything his critics say about him.

There's a whole lot of emotional issues for Lebron packed into that one statement.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:05 AM)
There's a whole lot of emotional issues for Lebron packed into that one statement.

Let's face it: LeBron is a f***ing idiot. No denying that. But the entire planet has been trashing, insulting, etc, him all season long. LeBron was not going to win either way. Had the Heat won, it would've only been because he teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Had they lost? Well, we've already seen the aftermath of that. The only thing LeBron could've done last summer that wouldn't have the entire world hating him was to stay with the Cavs. I don't condone what LeBron said. But I can understand it. If I've got the entire world hating on me, I probably say a lot worse than that. That said, Dirk > LeBron.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Let's face it: LeBron is a f***ing idiot. No denying that. But the entire planet has been trashing, insulting, etc, him all season long. LeBron was not going to win either way. Had the Heat won, it would've only been because he teamed up with Wade and Bosh. Had they lost? Well, we've already seen the aftermath of that. The only thing LeBron could've done last summer that wouldn't have the entire world hating him was to stay with the Cavs. I don't condone what LeBron said. But I can understand it. If I've got the entire world hating on me, I probably say a lot worse than that. That said, Dirk > LeBron.

Lebron could have done anything other than going to the Heat to avoid that venom. Hell, if he'd gone to the Heat and done it without the Decision and the Party, that'd have helped too.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
If the Heat ditch Bosh and don't replace him with someone capable of a post game, they don't even make the finals. He will probably take "heat" that is uncalled for this post season. Nowhere near the reason they came up short.

There isn't an all-star PF or C readily available on the FA market, but there are guys that they could fit in, depending on how the CBA shakes out.

Some examples:

Tyson Chandler

Andre Kirilenko

Samuel Dalembert

Marc Gasol

Chris Wilcox

Kenyon Martin

Carl Landry

David West

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)
Lebron could have done anything other than going to the Heat to avoid that venom. Hell, if he'd gone to the Heat and done it without the Decision and the Party, that'd have helped too.

I don't buy that. He would be viewed as a coward either way for bolting Cleveland. If MJ or Kobe leave Chicago or LA because they couldn't get it done, their legacies are totally reshaped. The Decision was an all-time epic fail. But c'mon now. This isn't the worst thing that's ever happened in sports. It was a year ago. How much longer are you (not you) going to use that as diesel fuel to supplement your hatred for LeBron? If you want to critique LeBron for his sub par performance in the finals, have at it. I'm doing the same thing. But the whole Decision thing is tired now.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)
I dont think you can say Lebron is uncoachable, its not like hes had an established coach. The problem with Spoelstra as the coach of the Heat is that he just doesnt have the experience to handle 2 superstars.

It all comes down to Wade/Lebron, they are going to need to sit down and figure it out. One of them has to be the man, it just didnt seem to work having them both try and be it.

I think Lebron is uncoachable in one sense...he won't allow any team to hire a coach that would actually coach him. He hand-selected his coach and his teammates in Cleveland. He then picked which team he wanted to go to, and picked one where they wouldn't have a strong enough coach to say no to him.

If you recall, when the Bulls interviewed him, they made it clear as can be that he wasn't getting special treatment. He wasn't going to get an entourage that the rest of the team didn't get, he wasn't going to have all his guys around, he wasn't going to get to hand-pick trades or hand-pick the offense like he did in Cleveland. At the time, many people thought the fact that Thibs would actually require things of him was one reason why he didn't come to Chicago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
I don't buy that. He would be viewed as a coward either way for bolting Cleveland. If MJ or Kobe leave Chicago or LA because they couldn't get it done, their legacies are totally reshaped. The Decision was an all-time epic fail. But c'mon now. This isn't the worst thing that's ever happened in sports. It was a year ago. How much longer are you (not you) going to use that as diesel fuel to supplement your hatred for LeBron? If you want to critique LeBron for his sub par performance in the finals, have at it. I'm doing the same thing. But the whole Decision thing is tired now.

If he went anywhere else on the list...Chicago, NYC, The Clippers, wherever...he wouldn't have had that venom nearly as much. The fact that he went to the one place where it was clear he wanted to make things easy on himself and wanted to get on with the party was the biggest indictment of all.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)

I doubt that second sentence. Was shaq's legacy reshaped? KGs? If Barkley won it all in PHX, would people have hated on him? PLenty of players move, it was the "let's just ALL team up!" aspect that pissed everyone off. That and the celebration. And that he plays like a tool.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 12:33 AM)
Spoelstra should be thrown under the bus. The guy's offense is about as complex as my rec league team's offense.

Spoelstra actually gets some serious credit for me. He had a system that got those guys playing mostly tenacious defense, actually playing to their strengths, and on offense, when they executed the offense they were deadly. He had a system that worked for those 3.

The problem is that Lebron and Wade are big enough that if they decide to get on with the party and show off, no one has the power to tell them no. Game 2 is the best possible illustration of this effect. When they were playing within Spoelstra's offense, they pushed up 15. Then, the party started. The showoff 3's started. The ball movement stopped, and the Mavs stormed back.

"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

---James post game

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
I doubt that second sentence. Was shaq's legacy reshaped? KGs? If Barkley won it all in PHX, would people have hated on him? PLenty of players move, it was the "let's just ALL team up!" aspect that pissed everyone off. That and the celebration. And that he plays like a tool.

Shaq was only in Orlando for, what, 3 years? Or was it 4? I can't remember. And the media scrutiny was nothing comparable in 1996 that it is today. There was no facebook and Twitter and Skype and all the social crap we have today. Otherwise he probably would've been just as vilified. KG won his title. And he's looked at as an all-time great. But his overall legend would've been magnified had he won in Minnesota. Barkley? Yes. If he had won it in Houston it only would've been because he teamed up with Hakeem and Drexler.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
If he went anywhere else on the list...Chicago, NYC, The Clippers, wherever...he wouldn't have had that venom nearly as much. The fact that he went to the one place where it was clear he wanted to make things easy on himself and wanted to get on with the party was the biggest indictment of all.

The NBA is the one sport in which it's viewed as a negative thing to have "too" much help. If Pujols signs with the Yankees, nobody is going to say he's taking the easy way out. They're just going to be in awe of a lineup that features Cano, Tex, Granderson, Pay-Rod and Pujols. If Adrian Peterson is a FA and signs with the Colts, people are going to say "Wow, Manning handing it off to Peterson?" That's going to be amazing. In the NBA, this could be because of Jordan, a superstar is allowed to have a sidekick and some quality roleplayers. Other than that, they're coasting or taking the easy way out. LeBron had a choice to go wherever the hell he wanted to go. He chose the Heat. I thought it was a b**** move. But the guy thought that was the best chance for him to win. He obviously wasn't worried about his legacy. So why the hell should I worry about it?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:10 AM)
"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

---James post game

That quote just kind of explains it all. Watching that press conference, the difference between Wade and LBJ was so apparent. Wade just seemed to understand it all so much more.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
The NBA is the one sport in which it's viewed as a negative thing to have "too" much help. If Pujols signs with the Yankees, nobody is going to say he's taking the easy way out. They're just going to be in awe of a lineup that features Cano, Tex, Granderson, Pay-Rod and Pujols. If Adrian Peterson is a FA and signs with the Colts, people are going to say "Wow, Manning handing it off to Peterson?" That's going to be amazing. In the NBA, this could be because of Jordan, a superstar is allowed to have a sidekick and some quality roleplayers. Other than that, they're coasting or taking the easy way out. LeBron had a choice to go wherever the hell he wanted to go. He chose the Heat. I thought it was a b**** move. But the guy thought that was the best chance for him to win. He obviously wasn't worried about his legacy. So why the hell should I worry about it?

You've got the wrong comparison.

This one would be Peyton Manning, circa 2005, deciding to sign with the Patriots.

Some people would say "Wow, that will be amazing". I might. But it'd still be Manning deciding to be Brady's 2nd hand.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
You've got the wrong comparison.

This one would be Peyton Manning, circa 2005, deciding to sign with the Patriots.

Some people would say "Wow, that will be amazing". I might. But it'd still be Manning deciding to be Brady's 2nd hand.

That doesn't work though, because Manning wouldn't play at all. He'd be a bench warmer, you don't play 2 QBs. LeBron still played and his team still needed him to play well to win the title, which they didn't. In your example, the Patriots could win the Super Bowl without Manning playing a single down.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
That doesn't work though, because Manning wouldn't play at all. He'd be a bench warmer, you don't play 2 QBs. LeBron still played and his team still needed him to play well to win the title, which they didn't. In your example, the Patriots could win the Super Bowl without Manning playing a single down.

I hope you get the idea though. Manning and Brady aren't complimentary players any more than Wade and James are.

Miami was the only place where Lebron could have gone, maybe in the whole NBA other than the Lakers, where he wouldn't have been the guy. He went there so that he didn't have to be the guy all the time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
I hope you get the idea though. Manning and Brady aren't complimentary players any more than Wade and James are.

Miami was the only place where Lebron could have gone, maybe in the whole NBA other than the Lakers, where he wouldn't have been the guy. He went there so that he didn't have to be the guy all the time.

No, you're making no sense. Two QBs can't play at the same time. What, Manning has to sit on the bench and wait for Brady to get hurt?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
No, you're making no sense. Two QBs can't play at the same time. What, Manning has to sit on the bench and wait for Brady to get hurt?

And 2 penetrating #1 scorers has never worked, or really been tried, in the NBA before either.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)

No, there were justifiable reasons to leave Cleveland and everyone was aware of them. It was ALL about the pomp and circumstance he and his friends created. It was his complete lack of respect for the game and the league, in the sense that he forced 5 teams to come beg for his services knowing full well he just wanted to party with his friends. I don't believe for a second that any of those guys had any other intention. It was all a play to get the most media attention. Don't you remember the "documentary" that Bosh/Wade were creating during the whole process? Funny how that thing slowly died away.

Lebron could have gone to Chicago and everyone would have said that makes sense, he wants to win a bunch of titles. He could have gone to New York and people would have said, that makes sense, he always wanted to be the billionaire athlete and if he could revive the Knicks he'd become legendary. And on and on.