2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
That being said, you could do a lot worse than drafting a Bargnani.

Eh, 1st overall? I know 2006 sucked, but they'd have been better off going with Aldridge, Roy, or Gay at that pick (not that at the time it would have been advocated). Bargnani is one of the worst 1st overall selections in the last 20 seasons. I've bolded whom I think could arguably be considered a worse pick.

2010 John Wall

2009 Blake Griffin

2008 Derrick Rose

2007 Greg Oden*

2006 Andrea Bargnani

2005 Andrew Bogut

2004 Dwight Howard

2003 LeBron James

2002 Yao Ming

2001 Kwame Brown

2000 Kenyon Martin

1999 Elton Brand

1998 Michael Olowokandi

1997 Tim Duncan

1996 Allen Iverson

1995 Joe Smith

1994 Glenn Robinson

1993 Chris Webber

1992 Shaquille O'Neal

1991 Larry Johnson

* - Only for injuries

Sure, there's time for Bargnani to continue developing, so the jury isn't out as he's only 25, but yes, you could do worse taking a Bargnani first overall, but not much worse.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Eh, 1st overall? I know 2006 sucked, but they'd have been better off going with Aldridge, Roy, or Gay at that pick (not that at the time it would have been advocated). Bargnani is one of the worst 1st overall selections in the last 20 seasons. I've bolded whom I think could arguably be considered a worse pick.

2010 John Wall

2009 Blake Griffin

2008 Derrick Rose

2007 Greg Oden*

2006 Andrea Bargnani

2005 Andrew Bogut

2004 Dwight Howard

2003 LeBron James

2002 Yao Ming

2001 Kwame Brown

2000 Kenyon Martin

1999 Elton Brand

1998 Michael Olowokandi

1997 Tim Duncan

1996 Allen Iverson

1995 Joe Smith

1994 Glenn Robinson

1993 Chris Webber

1992 Shaquille O'Neal

1991 Larry Johnson

* - Only for injuries

Sure, there's time for Bargnani to continue developing, so the jury isn't out as he's only 25, but yes, you could do worse taking a Bargnani first overall, but not much worse.

I'd probably say you could debate Kenyon Martin and Andrew Bogut as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
I'd probably say you could debate Kenyon Martin and Andrew Bogut as well.

Bogut?

Really?

Bogut?

No, I'd say you most certainly cannot debate Andrew Bogut. He is farking awesome.

K-Mart was a much more effective player than Bargnani as well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Whatever happened to Barnes?

Maybe Cavs suck next year (ok, they will suck next year) and can snag Barnes then.

His draft stock has slipped since he's had a down year compared to what people thought he'd do. He'll still be a top 10 pick when he comes out(whether that's this year or next) but he's no longer the consensus 1 like he was before the season started.

Well Boozer just doesnt understand how to defend the pick and roll. There are only 2 options, switch or dont switch. Every time him and Rose have gone to the same guy, while Deng could rotate over the end result would be a man being wide open with the next pass. Boozer/Rose cant take the same guy on a pick and roll.

So very odd.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
Well Boozer just doesnt understand how to defend the pick and roll. There are only 2 options, switch or dont switch. Every time him and Rose have gone to the same guy, while Deng could rotate over the end result would be a man being wide open with the next pass. Boozer/Rose cant take the same guy on a pick and roll.

So very odd.

Boozer is just completely worthless on the defensive end in general. His value comes from his rebounding and offensive game but against teams with legit big men he just kills you on the defensive end.