2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
I dont know necessarily what the game plan was, but it couldnt be for Rose/Boozer to both cover Miller and leave Aldridge open. If the Bulls cant figure out how to play the pick & roll they are going to have some tough games.

it must be the psychological effect. boozer wants no part of aldridge. He absolutes dominated the bulls in the fourth quarter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
I miss Joakim so much.

no kidding....kurt thomas has chipped in a few games, but your starting center can't play 22 min and get only 3 boards and 2 points, especially when your 4 is undersized and horrendous defensively...its probably going to take noah a while to get back into the swing of things, but by the end of march hopefully this team is clicking on all cylinders just at the right time

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
2006 draft comparable?

I realize I'm way late to this party, but I'd say Kyrie Irving can be a pretty solid PG if he gets over that weird toe injury and Perry Jones, while raw, has a ton of potential. Some might also say Enes Kanter, who hasn't played this year but supposedly destroyed the US big men (including Sullinger) at the Nike Hoops Summit.

There's certainly no slam-dunk savior at the top though.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
I realize I'm way late to this party, but I'd say Kyrie Irving can be a pretty solid PG if he gets over that weird toe injury and Perry Jones, while raw, has a ton of potential. Some might also say Enes Kanter, who hasn't played this year but supposedly destroyed the US big men (including Sullinger) at the Nike Hoops Summit.

If I have the number 1 pick he's by far and away the guy I'm taking. Like you said, he's far from a sure thing but I love his upside.

I wish the Bulls had something that makes sense for Melo, but unless Denver wants Deng + Taj and as many picks as we can legally send, it appears that the Bulls just cant get a deal done. Noah isnt going to be moved, so itll be interesting to see how this goes. From the last week Im starting to feel that Nuggets are going to trade Melo before the deadline, they just are trying to figure out which city that Melo will agree to will pay the most.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I wish the Bulls had something that makes sense for Melo, but unless Denver wants Deng + Taj and as many picks as we can legally send, it appears that the Bulls just cant get a deal done. Noah isnt going to be moved, so itll be interesting to see how this goes. From the last week Im starting to feel that Nuggets are going to trade Melo before the deadline, they just are trying to figure out which city that Melo will agree to will pay the most.

Every indication so far has been that he really only wants to go to New York, MAYBE the Bulls. Then again, LA is a totally new entity in the equation.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)

Outside of the offer from the Nets, I really haven't been impressed by any of the supposed deals, esp. if I compare it to Deng + Taj + the Bobcats pick. The only downside for the Bulls is that Deng's deal lasts a long time.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)

Kanter is the only player I've seen give Sullinger problems from his defense. I wouldnt say he destroyed him though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Kanter is the only player I've seen give Sullinger problems from his defense. I wouldnt say he destroyed him though.

Was that game televised? I just went off what I read after the game. All I really know is Kanter ended up with 34-13.

I have a feeling Melo would be willing to go to LA, NY or Chicago. Its about money/media presence, etc. The Nuggets see the writing on the wall and realize he is gone and they may get nothing for him.

If I was the Bulls Id be calling the Nuggets every hour to see what other players they would want from a third team. The best chance the Bulls have is that they find another team who wants to horde draft picks and then move that player to the Nuggets with Deng/Taj or whatever makes it work.

I think the deadline is the 24th, so that means there will be panic by next week.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
Was that game televised? I just went off what I read after the game. All I really know is Kanter ended up with 34-13.

i Saw some of it on the internet, he looked physically gifted, I was VERY relieved to see he was ineligible. LIke I said, he's the only player I've seen be able to at least stop and bother Sullinger with regularity.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
I have a feeling Melo would be willing to go to LA, NY or Chicago. Its about money/media presence, etc. The Nuggets see the writing on the wall and realize he is gone and they may get nothing for him.

If I was the Bulls Id be calling the Nuggets every hour to see what other players they would want from a third team. The best chance the Bulls have is that they find another team who wants to horde draft picks and then move that player to the Nuggets with Deng/Taj or whatever makes it work.

I think the deadline is the 24th, so that means there will be panic by next week.

It's all about Lala with regards to Melo. She wants to be in a major market and will not settle for less. Melo saying it's only about basketball is a lie. If it was, he would sign an extension in Denver as they offer one of the best chances for him to win and Denver is a nice enough city to get others to play with him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
He guards the likes of Kobe, Melo, Dirk, ect., 4 times a piece every year. I don't think he's scared of Rose. Derrick is a below average defender. This is fact.

I don't think it's certain that Rose is a below average defender this year...I think he's at least average and some people think he's even better than that.

It's true that Rose bit on a lot of shot fakes against Miller, but his overall work this season is not bad. Moreover, people should watch other pgs play D against each other in the NBA. Almost all of them look bad on D (with hand-checking and touch fouls called on the perimeter it's hard for anyone to be a lockdown defender at that position).

2 straight wins

for the Timberwolves

on the road

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END

(also 38 straight and counting.. most consecutive in the last 25 years... next up, Moses Malone with 44 straight in 1982-83)

Edited by Felix

You should do PR for David Kahn Felix. :D

Magic beat the Clippers tonite, Dwight had 20-20 game, but the outside guys continue to disappoint, especially Hedo who's really strugglin shootin wise playing with a back injury currenty.