2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
The 4th was awful. I was having Vinny flashbacks. My initial reaction was 'good thing we got another rookie coach that doesn't know how to coach the last 5 minutes.' Obviously, that's unfair but it is a concern until he proves otherwise. And yeah, the 2s are brutal on this team. Keith Bogans starting? Ugh. It's hard to get excited when they don't have Boozer and have no shot of getting out of the 2nd round anyway.

I thought Bogans actually played really well. He basically did what Thabo did for OKC. The problem is, we don't have a Kevin Durant.

OKC is a tough matchup because Durant might be the best player in the league, Green can really open up the offense and get a big out of the lane which leads to 2nd chance opportunities, and you have guys who can hit outside shots and slash as well. They're just a great team. To have been in position to win the game late is a good sign with your 2nd scoring option out.

And FWIW, if this team can really crack down and be a top defensive team, I think they can beat anyone.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Can't even get angry about that loss. This team will be just fine especially when Carlos comes back. Nice to see Noah continue to be a f***in monster.

As for the Thunder, there's only one more game I'm rooting against them the rest of the season, those guys are a blast to watch.

Brewer & Korver need to get healthy. Keith Bogans can't play 36 minutes a game.

I also would have liked to see Asik or JJ get some minutes over Scal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Did anyone else catch Chris Broussard on pre-game yesterday say that Andre Iguodala wants out of Philly and that the Bulls and Sixers have had discussions about a Deng/Iggy swap?

I'm still praying for Rudy Fernandez. The Bulls desperatley need someone to space the floor, Luol Deng spotting up once in a blue moon isn't going to cut it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
Did anyone else catch Chris Broussard on pre-game yesterday say that Andre Iguodala wants out of Philly and that the Bulls and Sixers have had discussions about a Deng/Iggy swap?

Just jizzed. I wanted AI back in '04. I've never forgiven Paxson for that botched pick.

Edited by Jordan4life

I know this isn't really new news, but Carmello basically says himself that he won't be back in Denver after this year. Per Rotoworld:

Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday that he still doesn't intend to sign the three-year, $64 million contract extension the Nuggets have offered him.

Anthony has apparently made up his mind. One way or another, he's leaving Denver. "They want to sit down and talk, but my thing is it's way beyond this year. ... For me, I feel it's a time for change." Anthony said. The Nuggets are trying to trade Melo instead of losing him for nothing after the season, but he reportedly will only sign an extension with the Bulls and Knicks. The Bulls don't want to give up Joakim Noah, and the Knicks don't have the right pieces. So for now, Anthony is in a holding pattern in Denver. Oct. 28 - 11:06 am et

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Heat supposedly still have several hundred tickets unsold for their home opener. Nice.....

I guess no one wants to pay $180 a ticket for upper deck behind the basket.

That is flat out ridiculous to be charging that much for tickets that are in the upper deck behind the back basket.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
I guess no one wants to pay $180 a ticket for upper deck behind the basket.

That is flat out ridiculous to be charging that much for tickets that are in the upper deck behind the back basket.

Why Not? If you can sell 17,500 tickets at $200/piece, and 18,000 at $100 a piece, why wouldn't you try to maximize revenue?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 07:29 AM)
Why Not? If you can sell 17,500 tickets at $200/piece, and 18,000 at $100 a piece, why wouldn't you try to maximize revenue?

If there are empty seats, they aren't priced right. You also lose parking, souvenir and concession revenues.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
If there are empty seats, they aren't priced right. You also lose parking, souvenir and concession revenues.

Disagree. A couple hundred empty seats is nothing. If your stadium is sold out, that means your tickets weren't priced right. If you have a few thousand empty seats, that means your tickets weren't priced right. The ideal number is to get an exact sellout every time with no one wanting a ticket but being unable to get one, but honestly that's not going to happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)

Do want very much.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
Interesting article by Bill Simmons on the Heat...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nba

There was a funny article over at deadspin.com or thebiglead.com a while back where they basically analyzed the logic of a Bill Simmons article, and this is pretty much a perfect example of what they're talking about.

Step 1 - make outlandish prediction (the Heat will never work out)

Step 2 - write a 5000 page word essay on it, bringing up questionable comparisons (Eisner and Wells...cuz business partnerships are so comparable to two sports stars)

Step 3 - at the end, include a "this is why those 5000 words i just used will probably be absolutely wrong" (when they clicked they looked unbeatable) to save face if/when his outlandish prediction is wrong.

So the Heat look like a team that COULD be mediocre IF Wade doesn't succumb to Lebron's greatness BUT IF they do then they WILL be unbeatable.

I agree with his point that one of the reasons they'll be good is that they'll never rest both guys at the same time. Either one can take over the other teams 2nd unit, which is gonna make it tough for any team to compete for a full game.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

The saddest part about that article is it sounds like the Bulls could have had a roster of:

Noah, Bosh, Lebron, Wade and Rose.

Its a shame that Wade was a complete b**** and wanted to make sure everyone came to Miami so it could be his team.

I actually know one of the lawyers who works for Lester Barclay (the guardian of Wades kids and who has recommended that Wade be given full custody), I am always so tempted to call him and ask how he can support Wade getting the kids when Wade purposefully didnt move back to Chicago where he could have spent more time with them.

Id never do it, but damn does Wade annoy me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
The saddest part about that article is it sounds like the Bulls could have had a roster of:

Noah, Bosh, Lebron, Wade and Rose.

Its a shame that Wade was a complete b**** and wanted to make sure everyone came to Miami so it could be his team.

Bah...you know the one thing about that Simmons article is he's really running with the point that it might be Lebron and Wade as the ones who really don't have a way of coexisting because they're not as useful if they're not the #1 option. Deep down, I'd probably have gotten tired of that Bulls lineup really quick.

I actually know one of the lawyers who works for Lester Barclay (the guardian of Wades kids and who has recommended that Wade be given full custody), I am always so tempted to call him and ask how he can support Wade getting the kids when Wade purposefully didnt move back to Chicago where he could have spent more time with them.

Even if he's probably paying pretty darn well for it...in our system everyone deserves fair representation.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Get the f*** out of here.

Bah, there's a difference between having a team that is going to stomp everyone and having a team that will be competitive and win sometimes.

Except for 96-97's vengeance...the Bulls always had a legit challenger.

Barclay is the court appointed representative for the children.

Wade has his own attorneys, same as the wife. In custody cases, guardianship matters, etc, the court appoints an attorney who is disinterested (no involvement or connection) to represent the children.

So this would in no way be about unfair representation, as they dont represent Wade, they represent the children.

Edited by Soxbadger