2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
The Pistons are retiring Dennis Rodman's #10 retired on 4/1/2011 with the Bulls in town.

I'd strongly consider retiring #91 (after #2 of course) here in Chicago. And if not retired, than honored.

He wasn't here long, but he is as part of Bulls-lore as anyone not named Jordan or Pippen.

Good Sam Smith article on Sloan

http://blogs.bulls.com/2011/02/sloan-loses...ses-the-battle/

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
I don't think I've ever been a fan of a non Bulls NBA player as much as I am one of Blake right now.

I know I've never been a fan of a non-Bulls player as much as Blake Griffin. I love watching him play.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
I know I've never been a fan of a non-Bulls player as much as Blake Griffin. I love watching him play.

Really?

I would have to say I liked Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, young Shaq, Dominique, John Stockton to name a few more than I like Blake Griffin.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Really?

I would have to say I liked Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, young Shaq, Dominique, John Stockton to name a few more than I like Blake Griffin.

Throw in guys like pre-crack/pre-fatass Shawn Kemp, young Stacey Augmon, Hornets version of Larry Johnson and Kevin Johnson to that list.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Really?

Akeem Olajuwon was amazing to watch in his early days. A seven footer with the footwork of a point guard.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Really?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Throw in guys like pre-crack/pre-fatass Shawn Kemp, young Stacey Augmon, Hornets version of Larry Johnson and Kevin Johnson to that list.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Akeem Olajuwon was amazing to watch in his early days. A seven footer with the footwork of a point guard.

And those were all great ones to watch back in the day(though for a few I was too young to remember anything but highlight reels and I hate Shaq, the young and old version) but overall I just like Blake better.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Olajuwon was like a guard in a center's body. He was ridiculously athletic. The closest comparison I can come to him from today's players is Stoudamire.

I always thought that Garnett and Duncan were similar as well.

Hakeems baseline fadeaway coupled with his up and under were just lethal moves in tandem. It was just automatic, if you thought he was fading away and went at him to block it, he would step underneath you and lay it in and get the foul. If you guarded the hoop, he would drop it in with a perfect touch. Amazing player

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
Olajuwon was like a guard in a center's body. He was ridiculously athletic. The closest comparison I can come to him from today's players is Stoudamire.

You can tell the guy was a soccer player who never picked up a basketball until he was 16. His footwork was amazing for a guard. I've yet to see a big who was so agile and smooth. Guys like Duncan and Garnett are great, don't get me wrong, but the Dream is a totally different world.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Duncan isnt close to having the athletic abilities of Garnett or Hakeem.... he is just an incredibly fundamental.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Duncan?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Tim?

They were both nimble big guys. Duncan was pretty wire-y coming out of college.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
They were both nimble big guys. Duncan was pretty wire-y coming out of college.

Youtube is your friend. Duncan was nowhere near as athletic and fleet of foot as Hakeem. KG isn't even really that close. I do think it should be noted that Hakeem was in the 6'9, 6'10 range (closer to 6'9). He was definitely not 7'0. That might've helped him a tad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Really?

Uh, yeah... Dude, I'm 22. I wasn't old enough to watch any of those guys, except for an old Stockton and Shaq was awesome, but I hated the Lakers so it was hard to root for him.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
Uh, yeah... Dude, I'm 22. I wasn't old enough to watch any of those guys, except for an old Stockton and Shaq was awesome, but I hated the Lakers so it was hard to root for him.

I guess i don't feel like im so much older than you. You would have liked Blake griffin 1.0 aka Shawn kemp.