2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Eh, they'll just as likely completely lose a game or two that way. Like I said, I'd much rather play the Magic as they're just no where near as good as Boston or Miami. We'd beat Orlando in a 7 game series, Boston/Miami I'm not as confident about though I think we'd have a shot unlike most people.

The Bulls, if they're at 100%, definitely have a shot against any of these teams...especially if the other teams have any injury or mental issues happening.

What really needs to happen though, other than a healthy front court, is the Bulls need backcourt help.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
And for all of those who said Lebron cant play SG, Spoelstra just said that Lebron defends all 5 positions and plays 4 offensive positions during the game. Meaning that currently Lebron plays SG.

I'm sure Lebron can play SG, but who cares what his coach says? The position a player defends is verifiable by watching the game. So which centers has Lebron defended? I'm asking because I haven't been watching.

I dont know if he guards centers, all I know is that earlier in the thread people said that Lebron James never plays SG. His coach said he does.

Whether or not he guards the 5 is irrelevant to whether or not Lebron can play SG. But right now the Celtics have Perkins playing the 5, Id say Lebron could guard him if you really wanted it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
Whether or not he guards the 5 is irrelevant to whether or not Lebron can play SG. But right now the Celtics have Perkins playing the 5, Id say Lebron could guard him if you really wanted it.

Only because Perkins doesn't have a solid low-post scoring game.

Seriously, are the Heat going to beat one of the top tier teams eventually? They have the christmas day win against the Lakers but besides that they just can't beat an upper echelon team(ya I know there's a lot of time left in this game). I keep thinking of them as the favorite to win it all but at some point they have to prove something this season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Seriously, are the Heat going to beat one of the top tier teams eventually? They have the christmas day win against the Lakers but besides that they just can't beat an upper echelon team(ya I know there's a lot of time left in this game). I keep thinking of them as the favorite to win it all but at some point they have to prove something this season.

Trouble is...how do you define "top tier teams"? Right now, the top tier teams are basically the ones that have played the Heat and beaten them. They haven't played the Spurs yet, they were without LBJ when they played the Bulls, they've beaten Orlando, Dallas beat the crap out of them.

You wouldn't be asking that question if they weren't consistently losing to Boston. If they hadn't played the C's 3 times, or hadn't lost all 3 after today, then you wouldn't think to ask that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Trouble is...how do you define "top tier teams"? Right now, the top tier teams are basically the ones that have played the Heat and beaten them. They haven't played the Spurs yet, they were without LBJ when they played the Bulls, they've beaten Orlando, Dallas beat the crap out of them.

You wouldn't be asking that question if they weren't consistently losing to Boston. If they hadn't played the C's 3 times, or hadn't lost all 3 after today, then you wouldn't think to ask that.

Ya, that's a fair point. I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't consider Orlando an elite team but ya they've just gotten destroyed by Boston and Dallas. I just saw a stat a few days ago about their record against top 5 teams record wise in the NBA and it was horrendous but that's obviously all because of the Celtics.

• With an NBA scout. On the absence of elite talent in this year's draft: "Maybe we need an act of Congress to decide that we're not going to have a draft for a year or two, so that we can catch up after all of the strip-mining of young players that has been done over the recent years. Our draft is looking more and more like the baseball draft, where you're looking for guys to be contributors. These guys are prospects rather than saviors. In this draft, you're looking for guys who can play double-figure minutes in your rotation, much less be major contributors.

"I look down the line and don't see it getting better over the next two or three years. If you're a pathetic team that's looking to rebuild through the draft, the next two or three years of domestic talent is not going to save you and prevent you from being pathetic."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...l#ixzz1DsVUF0cB

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Hakeems baseline fadeaway coupled with his up and under were just lethal moves in tandem. It was just automatic, if you thought he was fading away and went at him to block it, he would step underneath you and lay it in and get the foul. If you guarded the hoop, he would drop it in with a perfect touch. Amazing player

One of my all time favorite players to watch.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Hakeems baseline fadeaway coupled with his up and under were just lethal moves in tandem. It was just automatic, if you thought he was fading away and went at him to block it, he would step underneath you and lay it in and get the foul. If you guarded the hoop, he would drop it in with a perfect touch. Amazing player

Aka, The Dream Shake.

Also the Phi Slamma Jamma team at University of Houston is probably still my favorite college team ever.

I've been saying this year's draft was going to be weak for a long time. The prize was supposed to be Harrison Barnes and quite honestly, he's sucked. Kanter may be good and probably will be taken since we don't know how much suck he has in him. Sullinger will be a solid rotation player, but nothing else. It's going to get dark for the next few years for the draft. That's what makes it worse for Cleveland. They can't attract any ballplayers as FA, no one wants to get traded there(hopefully CBA rules prevent players from dictating where they go) and there's no hope in the draft.

This is also why I think the Bulls should trade Charlotte's pick for OJ Mayo or any SG they're targeting minus a very select few. Because even if we keep it, by the time we can cash it in, Boozer will be old and we'll be looking for another PF.

BTW, currently constructed and 100%, I think the Bulls are the third best team in the East. I think they matchup with Boston better than they do with Orlando. They've given us troubles for years and I don't know why. We can keep up with Boston. I don't think we'd win more than 2 games against the Heat as their two best players play our two weakest positions.

We also do not have a secondary ballhandler. It's sad when Watson has to close out the game in the 4th because no one else can handle the rock while teams are playing deny defense on Derrick.

Edited by nitetrain8601