2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
It's too bad the Bulls won't be.

I really don't anticipate much of an adjustment period for Noah. His game is all energy, rebounding and defensive positioning -- all things that he can do fine coming back from his injury.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
I really don't anticipate much of an adjustment period for Noah. His game is all energy, rebounding and defensive positioning -- all things that he can do fine coming back from his injury.

Ya, for the most part. he's still a 14 ppg scorer so you might get a few less points from him per game but everything else he should be ok at. That being said, playing a basketball game at full speed is a lot different than just running on a treadmill so even though everyone has said that he's stayed in tremendous shape, he might not fully be in basketball shape when he returns.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)

I agree completely. Noah is a max 15 PPG scorer and most of that is junk points. There won't be much of an adjustment period once he comes back. At least there shouldn't be.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I agree completely. Noah is a max 15 PPG scorer and most of that is junk points. There won't be much of an adjustment period once he comes back. At least there shouldn't be.

The team has to get used to playing with all of there guys though and that will take some time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
The team has to get used to playing with all of there guys though and that will take some time.

Before Noah got hurt, they were one of the top 3 teams in the league in pace (Possessions per game or however you define it). After Noah got hurt, they've been in the bottom 10.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Before Noah got hurt, they were one of the top 3 teams in the league in pace (Possessions per game or however you define it). After Noah got hurt, they've been in the bottom 10.

What can you say, Kurt is a slower guy. Slowing it down has helped their defense in the half court. It's hurt their offense though, especially Derrick who loves getting out on the break.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)

Adding Boozer into the equation also changed the way the Bulls could play to an extent. A guy like Boozer makes you an improved half court team. That said, you know they will pick up the pace with Noah back.

The reality is this entire team has barely played together and it will take some time until we see how the team will play with everyone healthy (hopefully they stay healthy).