2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Rose just worked Tony Parker. Parker got half his points on CJ Watson.

lol that's wishing thinking considering Watson only played 10 minutes and Parker scored 26

Parker only scored 4 points on Watson, the rest of the buckets he got were through screen and rolls on Rose.

Rose got stuck on screen way too often tonight, but I don't blame him, Parker is one of the best in the league in scoring through screens.

Nonetheless, a great show by Mr. Rose on the offensive end tonight.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Man the Bulls are so damn good. And they will only get better with Noah in and Kurt Thomas back to DNP: Coaches Decision.

Kurt's been a pretty good fill-in. I don't know if I want to see Omer Asik starting every night. Thomas is a good defender and will annoy the hell out of the other team.

Thank god those ping pong balls bounced our way. We have a unquestioned top-five player in the NBA who is 22 years old. Oh my god. He hasn't even come close to reaching his peak and is already a 24/8 guy. Get him a upgrade at the two guard spot and he ups that assist total to 10. Start getting more calls, improving even more on his shot, wow...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 12:32 AM)
man the one game i miss all season and forget to dvr sounded like the game of the year thus far, that kinda blows, anyone know if its gonna be replayed...ive got a s***ty computer that prob wouldnt play it online

If you got NBATV, it'll rerun in 5 minutes.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
Ya, for the most part. he's still a 14 ppg scorer so you might get a few less points from him per game but everything else he should be ok at. That being said, playing a basketball game at full speed is a lot different than just running on a treadmill so even though everyone has said that he's stayed in tremendous shape, he might not fully be in basketball shape when he returns.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
If you got NBATV, it'll rerun in 5 minutes.

nope =( i had it but my roommate canceled after i said "as long as i have mlb network ill be good"...of course i said that in baseball season and thats all i needed at that time and im regretting it now

That game was the ultimate entertainment last night. The Bulls handled the Spurs without our starting center playing.

Oh, and f*** Bethlehem Shoals. It seems all D-Rose has to do is read an idiotic piece and then go out and show said f***tard that he means business.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
That game was the ultimate entertainment last night. The Bulls handled the Spurs without our starting center playing.

Oh, and f*** Bethlehem Shoals. It seems all D-Rose has to do is read an idiotic piece and then go out and show said f***tard that he means business.

I will say I was very impressed with some of Asik's work last night as a backup. Played hard and aggressive with a few blocks and rebounds.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:11 AM)
I will say I was very impressed with some of Asik's work last night as a backup. Played hard and aggressive with a few blocks and rebounds.

Some say he could have been a top 10 pick had he not been under contract overseas. I think Asik has Andris Beidrins-like upside. He's a solid big... pretty nuts as our 3rd option at center.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
Some say he could have been a top 10 pick had he not been under contract overseas. I think Asik has Andris Beidrins-like upside. He's a solid big... pretty nuts as our 3rd option at center.

Never want Noah to get hurt, but "additional playing time for Asik" has not been a bad result of it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)

I thought they did a pretty good job on B&B yesterday steering the criticism away from Shoals. He wasn't saying Rose isn't really good at basketball. He wasn't saying that he doesn't deserve to be an all-star. He just, completely subjectively, doesn't like Rose's game. There's not anything wrong with that. I don't agree with him, but he wasn't really harshly criticizing Rose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)

He's definitely our backup. Before Noah got hurt, Thomas didn't play at all.

Link

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge wasn’t kidding with his recent proclamation that the Celtics want to make a deal before the deadline.

The Celts, according to sources briefed on Boston's thinking, have joined their conference rivals from Chicago in pursuit of Cavaliers swingman Anthony Parker.

The Celts covet an extra playoff-tested shooter/defender as much as the Bulls, with Marquis Daniels out indefinitely and Delonte West missing much of the season so far. Yet it remains to be seen whether either of the two teams is willing to meet Cleveland's asking price.

The Cavs are seeking a quality draft pick or a young big man with promise in exchange for Parker, who’s averaging 11.5 points and shooting 47 percent on 3-pointers in February.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
A guy like Parker makes us better than a guy like Asik does(when Noah gets back)

With the size that the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, and magic bring...and the total lack of size that the Heat bring...I'm not 100% sure about that.