2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
A guy like Parker makes us better than a guy like Asik does(when Noah gets back)

That may be true for this year, but it makes no sense in the long run. And a guy like Parker is not going to be the difference in a playoff series. If we don't have Asik against the Magic, we are f**ked actually. No way I give up him for Parker.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
With the size that the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, and magic bring...and the total lack of size that the Heat bring...I'm not 100% sure about that.

No sh*t. We also don't need to deal a 24 year old, athletic 7 footer for a 36 year old Bogans/Korver hybrid. Parker is worth a 2nd at most, or they can have freaking James Johnson (salaries are close enough to work), or at worst you send both the 2nd and Johnson.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
4 1st round picks, yeesh.

Actually the best scenario IMO. If he had waited til FA and joined the Knicks, they would have Stoudemire-Chandler-Melo-Fields-Felton as a starting lineup. Scary good even though they would suck at D. All this does for the Nets is making them playoff caliber, but they are still a long way away from being contenders. Now if they get a Williams or Paul, they get closer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
What are the terms? Where did you here this?

Link

According to reports on Friday, the Denver Nuggets and New Jersey Nets have tentatively agreed to a deal involving Carmelo Anthony. At this point, the only thing holding up the trade is Melo's willingness to sign a contract extension in New Jersey.

The Bergen Record cites multiple anonymous NBA sources in reporting that the two teams have both accepted to the terms of a trade that would send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman to New Jersey in exchange for Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks.

The Nets, however, will only execute the trade if Anthony agrees to sign a long-term extension with the Nets, something he has not yet expressed willingness to do.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
What are the terms? Where did you here this?

ESPN is reporting that the Nets and Nuggets have agreed to the framework of a deal that centres around Anthony heading to the New Jersey, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman. In exchange, the Nuggets would receive Devin Harris, Derrick Favours, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round draft picks.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I would personally take Harris and Favors long-term over Anthony and Billups, I think this deal is absurd.

Then again I never have cared much for Anthony. He will certainly sell tickets, but I just don't see many more wins coming their way.

I'd assume there has to be a "we're moving to brooklyn and perhaps a FA like Chris Paul will want to play here" addendum to the thinking.

Jay-Z is a Nets minority owner so my guess is that if they really want Melo, they are trying to sell Lala on becoming part of the Nets family and how shell have connections with Jay/Beyonce/Def Jam.

In terms of the trade, if I was Melo Id want Harris to say in New Jersey. Harris/Melo/Lopez is a pretty good nucleus to build around.

Melo wants to be in New York. If the Nets are going to move to Brooklyn and Melo can be the face of the franchise, Im not sure there is a big difference between the Nets or Knicks.

Here is the link to information about the Barclay's Center (Nets new stadium) http://barclayscenter.com/

Youll see a picture of Jay-Z, youll see pictures of what could be one of the best stadiums in the NBA, which will be located in Brooklyn, NY.

Jay-Z is going to be at the meeting with Carmelo and Prokhorov, if they have agreed on talent, I would bet that they will convince Melo to come to the Nets and NY.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
Melo wants to be in New York. If the Nets are going to move to Brooklyn and Melo can be the face of the franchise, Im not sure there is a big difference between the Nets or Knicks.

Here is the link to information about the Barclay's Center (Nets new stadium) http://barclayscenter.com/

Youll see a picture of Jay-Z, youll see pictures of what could be one of the best stadiums in the NBA, which will be located in Brooklyn, NY.

Jay-Z is going to be at the meeting with Carmelo and Prokhorov, if they have agreed on talent, I would bet that they will convince Melo to come to the Nets and NY.

You may be right. I don't see why he wouldn't want to be the face of a brand new Brooklyn team. He'd only have to wait a year.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
I would personally take Harris and Favors long-term over Anthony and Billups, I think this deal is absurd.

Then again I never have cared much for Anthony. He will certainly sell tickets, but I just don't see many more wins coming their way.

If Favors ends up turning out like many think, then yes I would probably take Harris and Favors. But being a team that is moving into a new arena in a different state, you make this trade all day long and get the proven commodity and all-star for an unproven rookie and a talented but very injury prone PG.

Now Anthony is saying that the meeting is "news to me" LMAO

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Jay-Z is a Nets minority owner so my guess is that if they really want Melo, they are trying to sell Lala on becoming part of the Nets family and how shell have connections with Jay/Beyonce/Def Jam.

In terms of the trade, if I was Melo Id want Harris to say in New Jersey. Harris/Melo/Lopez is a pretty good nucleus to build around.

Just to nitpick & be a music nerd. Jay left Def Jam back in '08.

But either way, we're back to we've got a trade in place if Melo signs the extension. Someone wake me up when he says he'll sign an extension with a team not named the New York Knicks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
You may be right. I don't see why he wouldn't want to be the face of a brand new Brooklyn team. He'd only have to wait a year.

The answer to this question is...what good is it to be the face of a team if they're not good enough to make the playoffs?