2010-2011 NBA Thread

Prior to Amare going to the Knicks they werent a playoff team either, yet Melo would have gone there.

Id say that with Melo/Lopez as your start the Nets can become a playoff team pretty quick, especially because Id expect their owner to start making big moves for the 2012 season.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see what Prokhorov does as only a few weeks ago he said that was it in regards to Melo, and he wasn't going to go after him anymore.

4 1st rounders is a lot, but they'll only give up one of their own from this year, 2 others that they own this year (thinks it's the Lakers and another playoff team) and then a future 1st in 2013.

Melo will probably make them a playoff team, but they'll need to sign another star in the 2012 FA class like CP3 if they want to become a bonafide contender, and I'm not sure if they are going to be able to do that once a new hard cap comes in (and they'll have to dump some contracts like Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro etc.).

I wouldnt sign an extension with the Nets if I was Carmelo. He would make them a playoff team but they would be worse than the current Nets and this is his last major contract where he will still be a top5-10 player in league most likely. If I was him, it would be to either a team as a rental this season(Dallas/LA) or to a team where they would actually be very good(Knicks/Bulls) with him on the roster.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
is it me but melo doesnt seem like a guy you want your team around let alone mortgage the future for

I hate Melo and want nothing to do with him. However, if I were the Nets, I would trade for him in a heartbeat.