2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Though I hate him, LeBron was robbed of the All-Star game MVP award.

What now? Kobe deserved it. LeBron certainly had a great game but you can't say he was robbed of anything when the winner of the award had 37 and 14.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Wade could be hurt.

One of the sportscenter anchors said it best when he said that it appears that Wade almost gets hurt in every game. That asshole is always limping around. Surprised they didn't have to roll him out of the arena on a wheelchair.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Though I hate him, LeBron was robbed of the All-Star game MVP award.

Come on. If it wasn't for Wade and LeBron acting like idiots and turning the ball over like mad, the East would have never gotten down by so much. For as good as Lebron played in the 2nd half, he played equally as bad in the first half.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
One of the sportscenter anchors said it best when he said that it appears that Wade almost gets hurt in every game. That asshole is always limping around. Surprised they didn't have to roll him out of the arena on a wheelchair.

Oh well.

If he's not healthy Thursday, I won't shed a tear.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Come on. If it wasn't for Wade and LeBron acting like idiots and turning the ball over like mad, the East would have never gotten down by so much. For as good as Lebron played in the 2nd half, he played equally as bad in the first half.

This.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)

Well that and the fact that he went nuts in the 4th almost single handily putting the East back in it. Oh and being only the second player ever to have a triple double doesn't hurt his case either. Maybe robbed was a strong word, but other than the fan/home court and the West winning (though others in the past have won when their team has lost), he should have gotten it. I'm not getting worked up about an all-star game though and won't even debate about it longer because its an exhibition game.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Well that and the fact that he went nuts in the 4th almost single handily putting the East back in it. Oh and being only the second player ever to have a triple double doesn't hurt his case either. Maybe robbed was a strong word, but other than the fan/home court and the West winning (though others in the past have won when their team has lost), he should have gotten it. I'm not getting worked up about an all-star game though and won't even debate about it longer because its an exhibition game.

No way. Had his team won, he would have gotten the award. Kobe put up one of the highest scoring all star games in league history himself and had quite a few "wow" plays. The most deserving player won the award.

Just in case anyone was worried it wasn't yet official...

As expected, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah will return to action in Toronto on Wednesday after missing 30 games with thumb surgery, coach Tom Thibodeau confirmed Monday in a wide-ranging interview with ESPN Chicago.

"He's coming back," he said in the telephone interview. "He was cleared to go last week."

Back for Toronto?

"Oh yeah," he said.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
So apparently Melo deal is imminent to Knicks.

Here's hoping they gut that team for him.

I never really understood Knicks giving up too much for him, but apparently they are. I say that because the East maybe not as tough as the West, it's still young outside of the Celtics. I do expect Wade to have a sharp decline at some point, but not before he gets a few more excellent seasons, so the Big 3 aren't going anywhere, the Bulls are young and good, Dwight Howard will be around for awhile, and to top it off, I'm not sure how long A'mare's knees are going to stick around.

Oh well, get ready for ESPN to act like the rest of the country cares about the Knicks

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Chauncey, Melo, Amare. Worth fearing despite no supporting cast?

Not at all.

The Knicks now have four good players

Chauncey

Fields

Melo

Amare

Then nothing.

Of those players, Fields seems like he has decent defense.

Teams with strong defensive presence (Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Magic) will be able to shut down one of Melo and Amare and let the other get his.

Two of their big 3pt threats are now gone. Just like the Magic trade, this makes them slightly better overall, but a much nicer matchup for the Bulls.

Shout out to the Nets for standing pat & getting the Knicks to stupidly trade for Melo.

Shout out to Denver for milking this trade for all they could get.

And a what the hell were you thinking to the Knicks for gutting a good chunk of their roster for a player that would of more than likely signed there in the off season. More than likely cheaper as well if the new CBA goes through.

Knicks are doomed.

Apparently Gallo and Felton are gonna be swung to NJ. I'd assume they'd get Harris back and something else.

Minnesota wins.

Denver wins.

New Jersey wins.

Chicago can swipe a SG from Denver and win.

New York... :lolhitting