2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Yep pretty much.

I read that Courtney Lee is a favorite of Thibodeau's. I still think he's by far the best option for the Bulls for their SG spot.

Lee is definitely the guy I want. He has gotten some decent minutes recently and put up some big scoring numbers with great field goal percentages. I am by no means enamored by him, but I would much rather him than Anthony Parker. Mayo is especially intriguing, but I am not sure I want the character risk.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Lee is definitely the guy I want. He has gotten some decent minutes recently and put up some big scoring numbers with great field goal percentages. I am by no means enamored by him, but I would much rather him than Anthony Parker. Mayo is especially intriguing, but I am not sure I want the character risk.

Not sure what Lee's contract is but I actually hope Orlando goes after him when he hits FA so we can go with a Lee / Redick SG combo again. I know Dwight Howard is a big fan of his, he's just a solid player with 3 PT range who'll give you good defense, exactly what Chicago needs.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Not sure what Lee's contract is but I actually hope Orlando goes after him when he hits FA so we can go with a Lee / Redick SG combo again. I know Dwight Howard is a big fan of his, he's just a solid player with 3 PT range who'll give you good defense, exactly what Chicago needs.

2010-2011: $1,352,640

2011-2012: $2,225,092

2012-2013: $3,221,933 (qualifying offer)

So very cheap contract.

Yep that ended up being a good deal didn't it;

According to multiple league executives, the Heat have floated Mike Miller in several different trade scenarios as they look to upgrade at the center or point guard positions. Miller missed his second straight game Tuesday when the Heat knocked off the Kings 117-87 out of precaution as he recovers from a head injury and an ear infection.

Miller is the Heat’s most tradable asset, even though he’s in the first season of a five-year, $29 million contract he signed last summer and is averaging just 5.9 points on 41 percent shooting as he recovers from a hand injury that cost him the first two months of the season.

One executive said the Heat have been calling around but just "don’t have much they can trade." This is literally true, as several of Miami's players who signed minimum contracts this summer -- such as Jamaal Jamaal Magloire and Carlos Arroyo -- can’t be traded without their permission because they’d lose their Bird Rights. Two other players, Udonis Haslem and rookie Dexter Pittman, are both out recovering from surgeries.

The only other significant asset the Heat have that would merit any interest is the Timberwolves’ 2011 second-round pick, which would be a sweetener at best.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 02:54 AM)
Apparently the Bulls are still in on Mayo.

Thats nice.

Where did you hear this?

Obviously Mayo would have to realize the ball is not in his hands most of the time when playing with Derrick Rose, but getting a 2 guard in here at a discount who can grow with the roster and still has massive upside, well, I'd love that move.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
Where did you hear this?

Obviously Mayo would have to realize the ball is not in his hands most of the time when playing with Derrick Rose, but getting a 2 guard in here at a discount who can grow with the roster and still has massive upside, well, I'd love that move.

KC Johnson said it on M+H this morning, and apparently Marc Stein tweeted it last night(my buddy told me this morning, I havent checked it yet)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
KC Johnson said it on M+H this morning, and apparently Marc Stein tweeted it last night(my buddy told me this morning, I havent checked it yet)

I just think this would be a very, very smart move for the Bulls if they could pull it off. You buy low on a guy who could play alongside Rose/Noah/Boozer the next 3-4 years... if his attitude stays in check.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
Mayo would be a risk, but one would think that it would be a risk worth taking at this point if he comes relatively cheap. Gotta wonder how he would respond to Thibs, because Thibs is a tough love type of coach.

He'd also have a former teammate in Taj here to hopefully keep him in line

Deron Williams to the Nets in a three-way deal. Wow!

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Utah has agreed to trade All-Star point guard Deron Williams to Nets in multi-player package, Yahoo! Sports has learned. Deal is done.

11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Adrian Wojnarowski

Favors will go to Jazz with Harris, two first-round picks. Nets wlll send Troy Murphy to Golden State, and Warriors send Gadzuric to Nets.

12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Adrian Wojnarowski

Derrick Favors has been pulled out of Nets practice, and told he's being traded to a Western Conference team, source tells Yahoo! Sports.

13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Adrian Wojnarowski

Nets are on brink of getting Deron Williams in 3-team deal that will send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and picks to Utah, sources tell Y

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
Really, does that actually make the Netropolitans that much stronger?

That was my initial thought. You dealt important draft picks and a decent young PG AND your top young "prospect" in Favors just to save face and say you landed a superstar.

Let's see how Deron looks with such a s***ty supporting cast.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
As they should be...

I can't wait for the specifics to come out. Jazz management is f***ing nuts if they think they're going to be able to blow this off as a move they wanted to make after the Sloan debacle. Then again, nobody gives a s*** about the state of Utah.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
And next on the list will be Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. And when Blake Griffin is eligible he's gone. This is unbelievable. I figure we've got two years MAX to win a title with D-rose as the centerpiece before he becomes a FA or gets traded because of a beef with TT or complains about not winning.

Woah, woah, woah. Rose ain't going anywhere.