2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/pippen_csn_110223.html

Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the NBA Central Division first place Chicago Bulls, has announced Bulls legend and team ambassador/six-time NBA champion/Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2010 inductee Scottie Pippen will join Comcast SportsNet’s game announcing tandem of Neil Funk and Stacey King as an additional game analyst for the network’s Bulls telecast on Friday, March 4 at Orlando (6:00 p.m. start). In addition, Pippen will also handle game analyst duties for every Bulls playoff telecast on Comcast SportsNet beginning in mid-April.

Ugh. Pippen is just brutal as a broadcaster. Loved him as a player, but he brings nothing as a broadcaster. I usually prefer listening to national broadcasts anyway, but this cements that for me.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Dont trade Asik the guy has some pretty good defensive skills.

My guess we shopped JJ as part of any potential deal. Teams said, "no thanks" and we are trying to spin that pick into Lee, Mayo etc. . .

Mayo obviously has the most upside, but I don't know how I feel about him if he doesn't get the chance to handle the ball. Mayo definitely seems like he needs the ball is his hands to be a valuable offensive asset. DR1 does that for us. I think Lee is a better spot up shooter than Mayo, but as others have said in this thread, he is not a good defender.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I'm very conflicted on whether I want Mayo on this team. I know I don't want to move Taj or Omer for Courtney Lee though.

Because of his game or his attitude? I think his attitude would be OK, he would be joining a Finals contender alongside one of the best players in the game now.

His game would be great for what the Bulls need IMO

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
So does anybody know the details of the picks the Jazz received?

The Jazz will get New Jersey's first-round pick this year, which is not lottery protected, and Golden State's first-round pick, which is partially protected, next year. That selection is top-seven protected in 2012 and 2013 and top-six protected in 2014. If Utah has not received the pick by the 2014 draft, then the Jazz will receive Golden State's own 2014 and 2016 second-round picks.

Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Jazz also receive $3 million.

Link

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
Because of his game or his attitude? I think his attitude would be OK, he would be joining a Finals contender alongside one of the best players in the game now.

His game would be great for what the Bulls need IMO

Both to be honest. I don't want anyone taking possessions away from Rose and Mayo would do just that. Yes, he does have some upside, I'm certainly not going to argue that(that'd be the one reason I wouldn't mind trading for him) but at this point he might be more of a nuisance than anything else.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
He's going to stick out there compared to rest of the team.

He sticks out on just about every team.

Courtney Lee is inactive for Houston's game, could mean something.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
He sticks out on just about every team.

Courtney Lee is inactive for Houston's game, could mean something.

Not sure it means anything is imminent, it could just be that he's being shopped pretty heavily and they don't want him suiting up in case something goes down.

Will someone explain to me how ESPN's boxscores get so f***ed up during games?

How is Rose a -3 in a tied game? How are everyone on the Bulls even and not Rose? How has Boozer played less minutes on according to the box, but clearly been on the court the entire time?

I have always wondered about this.