2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Bosh 1 for 18, bench 1 for 8, and lose by 4 in Chicago. Heat have to feel pretty good.

Watson 0-3

Bogans 0-4

Gibson 2-6

Korver 2-7

Bulls didn't shoot well either. They should feel pretty good.

The Bulls shot pretty badly, especially from 3. If I were a Heat fan Id be pretty worried about the +14 rebound advantage the Bulls had.

There is pretty good reason to believe that the Bulls and Heat will both shoot better next game, but not much to believe that the Heat will get a lot better on the boards.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
The Bulls shot pretty badly, especially from 3. If I were a Heat fan Id be pretty worried about the +14 rebound advantage the Bulls had.

There is pretty good reason to believe that the Bulls and Heat will both shoot better next game, but not much to believe that the Heat will get a lot better on the boards.

1 rebound from Joel Anthony in 17 mins ain't going to get it done.

Credit to Asik on that regard tonight.

No Mike Miller for Miami also tonight, although he hasn't really made that much of an impact either.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Bosh 1 for 18, bench 1 for 8, and lose by 4 in Chicago. Heat have to feel pretty good.

eh, they lost the game, they're something like 1-7 against the other top teams in the East... every game you can make a reason like that, fact is they're not beating other elite eastern teams. Also, yeah, he was 1 for 18, but Spolestra (sp?) should have started playing a little offense/defense rotation with him instead of leaving him in there to clank shots, that's also shows poor coaching. To top it off, they gave some crazy stat on the TV broadcast that nobody but LeBron or Wade scored for over 2 quarters, it's not a deep team and as constructed their margin for error is too thin to win a championship.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Also going back to a fun argument from this summer, Deng>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hinrich

f*** yea. Deng stuck it up the Heat's ass in the 2nd half. 99, how do you feel about the Bulls matching up with the Heat in the playoffs after tonight?

Miami's lack of inside presence is going to be their downfall. Every team is going to shoot bad, but if you can win on the glass get second chance points you can overcome a crappy offensive night.

Bulls had 13 offensive rebounds to the Heats 6. Thats 7 more times the Bulls got a second chance and in a 4 point game, 7 extra possessions is an incredible advantage.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
f*** yea. Deng stuck it up the Heat's ass in the 2nd half. 99, how do you feel about the Bulls matching up with the Heat in the playoffs after tonight?

I still think the Heat would win in 6 but honestly at this point it wouldn't shock me if the Bulls push it to 7 so getting home court will be huge.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
It will be a hell of series. But homecourt could be tough to overcome.

That might be the deciding factor. We're only 2 games back of them with 1 left and we already got the tie breaker so it's certainly not out of the question that we can over take them in the standings.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I still think the Heat would win in 6 but honestly at this point it wouldn't shock me if the Bulls push it to 7 so getting home court will be huge.

What would it take for you to believe the Bulls could take a playoff series against Miami? A blowout win in the final regular season match up?

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
What would it take for you to believe the Bulls could take a playoff series against Miami? A blowout win in the final regular season match up?

Homecourt is clearly the key to me. The Bulls are a much different team when feeding off the United Center crowd. One thing that is potentially nice is that Miami even though it's a homecourt, they aren't nearly as passionate as Bulls, Celtic, Magic, etc. fans.