2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Yes it was almost comical.

The fact Melo makes no players better while LeBron's Cavs went from league best to one of the worst ever kind of answers that question.

ESPN really is just a soap opera.

Its all about riding the waves of the most up to date stuff on the news.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.....

@SpearsNBAYahoo Free agent forward-center Troy Murphy has agreed to sign with the Heat, sources tell Y! Sports. Murphy also turned down Celtics.

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Troy Murphy HIMSELF confirms to ESPN.com that he is going to Boston. B-O-S-T-O-N

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Hmmmm.....

@SpearsNBAYahoo Free agent forward-center Troy Murphy has agreed to sign with the Heat, sources tell Y! Sports. Murphy also turned down Celtics.

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Troy Murphy HIMSELF confirms to ESPN.com that he is going to Boston. B-O-S-T-O-N

He's going to Boston, he's Irish, has played for the Irish and now wants to be on the Celtics as the only Irish player

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
Kendrick Perkin's signs a 4 year, $34.8 mil deal. Apparently the Celtics only offered 4 years years at $22 mil

To me, he seems like a player that is going to try to dominate to prove his worth with that contract. Just read an good article wondering why the Big 4 didn't take a pay cut to help Perk stay in Boston if they were going to miss him so bad (I know that's not something we will ever know but just food for thought.)

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/...-perkins-trade/

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Hmmmm.....

Murphy is signing with Boston. I'm actually a little surprised by that because I thought he would go to Miami where more playing time was available and that would have been big for Miami if Murphy can still produce like he did prior to this year. Mainly because it would have given them a very good rebounder and another guy to stretch the floor when Wade and Lebron drive.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Murphy is signing with Boston. I'm actually a little surprised by that because I thought he would go to Miami where more playing time was available and that would have been big for Miami if Murphy can still produce like he did prior to this year. Mainly because it would have given them a very good rebounder and another guy to stretch the floor when Wade and Lebron drive.

There's big time playing time available in Boston with Perkins gone and Jermaine O'Neal and Big Diesel there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
It sure didn't take the Booyah's long to jump on the Knicks bandwagon. Mike & Mike have been debating who is better... Carmelo Anthony or Lebron James for about half an hour. They had "expert" Stuart Scott on who leaned toward Carmelo because of the "way he finishes" and the "way he can hit the 18 foot jumper".

Get the f*** out of here, ESPN.

Apparently the Knicks are a title contender too:

http://espn.go.com/nba/

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
And it'll prob only get worse after tonight. Knicks beating us by 11 at HT (after we were up by 11 at the end of the 1stQ) and Hedo's ejected.

You spoke too soon.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
You spoke too soon.

Yep, very good win for us considering we had Hedo and Arenas both out basically.

When Jameer is knocking down shots like that in the 4thQ, we're tough to beat.

Looked as if Billups hurt his knee as well, didn't look serious though.

wow the next 4 games are going to be very tough for the Bulls. roads games against ATL, Magic and Heat, then back home against the Hornets. If the Bulls can somehow win 3 of the 4, they have a pretty realistic chance of getting that 1st seed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
I absolutely loathe ESPN.

Outside of game coverage, I don't even watch them anymore. That channel and their "journalism" is a complete joke. In bed with the leagues and big markets, no need to watch that crap. The best part of the story on that link you're referring to is it includes the Knicks, but not the Spurs, who only have the best record in the league.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
Outside of game coverage, I don't even watch them anymore. That channel and their "journalism" is a complete joke. In bed with the leagues and big markets, no need to watch that crap. The best part of the story on that link you're referring to is it includes the Knicks, but not the Spurs, who only have the best record in the league.

Well actually the point of those articles is to have their regional sites promote their local teams and plead their case for No.1. They have an ESPN New York but no ESPN San Antonio. Nobody can actually say the Knicks are the best in the league with a straight face.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 01:50 AM)
Well actually the point of those articles is to have their regional sites promote their local teams and plead their case for No.1. They have an ESPN New York but no ESPN San Antonio. Nobody can actually say the Knicks are the best in the league with a straight face.

Hell they might even be the best team in NY with the Nets getting Williams. (I know they aren't quite moved to Brooklyn yet, but it is all the same thing anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 07:08 AM)
Hell they might even be the best team in NY with the Nets getting Williams. (I know they aren't quite moved to Brooklyn yet, but it is all the same thing anyway.

i assume you mean they might NOT be the best team in NY. To that, I vehemently disagree. Melo+Stoudamire+Billups is tremendously better than Williams + Nets