2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I see Mike Bibby is about to sign with the Heat. That's a nice move for them. He's still got a pretty sweet jumper and his assist/turnover ratio has always been pretty good.

It's a good move if only for the fact that I could beat Carlos Arroyo in 1 on 1. How he was earning an NBA paycheck is beyond me.

Business as Rasual Made 3PT Ranks, NBA

2009/10: 13 (tied with Ray Allen)

2008/09: 22

Go f*ck yourselves! :P Maybe he's been ineffective this year because Vinny f***ing del Negro is his coach and he's down to 18 mpg.

But GOOD CALL! The Bulls have no use for a 6'7" guard who can hit 3 pointers in streaks while also chipping in on defense as capably as Keith Bogans. Give the guy a shot, because on paper he's an upgrade with adequate playing time.

Edited by Steve9347

I kind of wished the Bulls didn't sign Rasual for the sake that we don't have to hear the so call nickname.

I mean Business as Rasual? Comeon, it's pronounced rah-sool, and I can't recall anyone nicknamed after an idiom.

On a serious note, Rasual Butler probably handles the ball worse than Bogans, his three point % was at 37% coming into this year, and Bogans is hitting at about the same clip.

Defensively, I would argue he is a worse fit than Bogans. Bogans is a natural SG and has the quickness to check most 2s, but Butler is a natural 3, and as many has point out, should be better at checking 3s than 2s.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)

Go f*ck yourselves! :P Maybe he's been ineffective this year because Vinny f***ing del Negro is his coach and he's down to 18 mpg.

But GOOD CALL! The Bulls have no use for a 6'7" guard who can hit 3 pointers in streaks while also chipping in on defense as capably as Keith Bogans. Give the guy a shot, because on paper he's an upgrade with adequate playing time.

No, they don't have use for him. His shooting percentages in his career are almost identical to Bogans, so it's not just this season and he's a worse defender than Keith. Bogans certainly isn't special but Butler is complete garbage as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)

You're relying on a counting stat to say he's a "lights out" shooter? Seriously?

And that nickname rivals HoT_FiRe as one of the stupidest I've seen on this site.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
You're relying on a counting stat to say he's a "lights out" shooter? Seriously?

And that nickname rivals HoT_FiRe as one of the stupidest I've seen on this site.

Let it go, psycho. I admitted pages ago that I got carried away with the "lights out" comment.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
Rajon Rondo is simply not an elite point guard and I want people to stop comparing him to guys like Rose, Williams, Paul, Westbrook, and even Nash. Please. Stop it.

STOP IT!

Agreed, btw, if you can't shoot, like, at all, then go away.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
STOP IT!

Agreed, btw, if you can't shoot, like, at all, then go away.

I mean. People like to say "all he needs to do is distribute in Boston's offense." Ok, yeah, but you are comparing him with guys who can score at will. You can't just hand-wave over it. He is a guard, and he can't shoot, and he shoots free throws like he's Ben Wallace or Shaq. Come on.

I haven't combed the thread to see if someone posted this but this is an awesome article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...m#ixzz1FTQLHDXB

Best quote is from Scalabrine who got 1000 cool points from me for this: "I have a different word for killers. I call them motherf***ers. And right now, Derrick Rose is the baddest motherf***er in the league by far. He is the reason we win."

Rose having a horrible game on the road tonight

Also, I think Thibs wants to kill Korver, dude has no clue what to do on defense. Whether it's going for double fakes, or slapping potential rebounds out of bounds, dude is just HORRID on defense. LOL at the fans wanting him to start over Bogans

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
Bulls offense is horrible. Its as if they have no system and its just make it up as they go along.

It's one game. They certainly didn't look like they had no system in the 1st half when they were blowing them out. They've just had a s*** 2nd half and Rose hasn't played all that well. Defense is killing them down the stretch too.