2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
I'll be surprised if Rose doesn't score 40 in his next game.

Think we've got you next up on Friday.

We'll just let Dwight take him out as per usual. :P

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
It's games like these that are the little, and annoying, subtle reminders that while this team is good, they're not ready for primetime yet.

Their huge wins on TNT over the Heat and Spur suggest that they are ready for primetime, but have difficulty getting up for those lesser road games that don't get them as pumped (Hawks/Raptors since the All-Star Break).

You can't lose the ones you are supposed to win and expect to land the 1-2 seeds.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Their huge wins on TNT over the Heat and Spur suggest that they are ready for primetime, but have difficulty getting up for those lesser road games that don't get them as pumped (Hawks/Raptors since the All-Star Break).

You can't lose the ones you are supposed to win and expect to land the 1-2 seeds.

Which is so strange because all the press coming out of the Wizards game the night before was how they realize that these s*** games actually matter and that Thibs has coached them to want to destroy teams, not just beat teams. They were up like 18 in the 2nd quarter. How on earth did they lose.

Also, thank god the bulls didn't sign joe johnson. What a waste of money that guy is.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
It's games like these that are the little, and annoying, subtle reminders that while this team is good, they're not ready for primetime yet.

I don't know, I mean, that s*** happens sometimes. Cleveland beating the Lakers, etc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Beat the 22-win Pistons on the road no less, wow!!! Only 1.5 games out of 14th place in the West!

Hey, when you're rooting for a last place team, a win's a win, regardless of who you're playing.

Edited by Felix

Defensively certainly not our best half by any means, but when Wade and Lebron are knocking down shots left, right and center, that team is very hard to beat. They always seem to raise their game against us.

Heat need a change of some sort, 1-8 or 1-9 against Celts, Bulls and Magic and some horrible record with games decided by 5 or less, Pat Riley might be gettin' his coachin' suits ready!

It's too late in the season for "feeling out" or whatever, that team needs to start beating elite teams in the east, I don't care how talented your top three are, you just can't "figure it out" in the playoffs

Damn I had to be out for the 2nd half, will watch the replay tonight.

Looks as if J-Rich got hot from downtown in the 2nd half.

That's a bigtime win for us, we beat Chicago tomorrow, been a very good week for us.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
Heat need a change of some sort, 1-8 or 1-9 against Celts, Bulls and Magic and some horrible record with games decided by 5 or less, Pat Riley might be gettin' his coachin' suits ready!

It's too late in the season for "feeling out" or whatever, that team needs to start beating elite teams in the east, I don't care how talented your top three are, you just can't "figure it out" in the playoffs

I just don't think long - term, Chris Bosh is the right fit on that team.

They don't win the title this season, people are going to speculate about whether they can do sign and trade deals for the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul for 2012 FA involving Bosh IMO.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
I just don't think long - term, Chris Bosh is the right fit on that team.

They don't win the title this season, people are going to speculate about whether they can do sign and trade deals for the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul for 2012 FA involving Bosh IMO.

Yeah I'd be surprised if Bosh isn't traded, unless they make a playoff run that a lot of us aren't expecting. They need more toughess and rebounding on the interior and a player who doesn't need the ball as much as Bosh. He's not a good fit for them.

Obviously it shouldn't come to this, but the Heat STILL haven't figured out that Dwyane Wade should get the big shots at the end. LeBron James and Chris Bosh are not clutch, end of game shot makers. Let the one guy on your team who has shown in the past that he is have the ball at the end. If you give Bosh or James those shots, they will not go in. It's that simple.

To use a very cliche'd phrase, this is what happens when you put a lot of good players together but you don't put a good team together. It just seems that all 3 of those guys want their minutes and want to run the team, and they simply can't handle it. These guys need specific roles on the team and late in games they look like chickens with their heads cut off.

At some point, you really have to look at the coach and wonder if he is a strong enough voice and respected enough to command that team to a deep playoff run.