2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
I just don't think long - term, Chris Bosh is the right fit on that team.

They don't win the title this season, people are going to speculate about whether they can do sign and trade deals for the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul for 2012 FA involving Bosh IMO.

based on pure speculation only, I've been saying for awhile that I won't be shocked if Bosh is moved for 2-3 role player types. LBJ's guys will get in his ear that it's all Bosh's fault and that will be it.

Depending on what the new CBA looks like, it will be tough to add another guy like Williams or Paul to that roster, they would likely be better off getting 2 pieces for 1.

Edited by SoxFan562004

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Heat aren't ready for primeitme.

It's games like these that are the little, and annoying, subtle reminders that while this team is good, they're not ready for primetime yet.

on paper they theoretically have the talent to do it, but if they get they don't get the 1st seed they easily could get Bulls and Celtics in some combination in the 2nd and semi then the western conference winner, I just find it extremely difficult to believe they struggle for this long to beat elite east teams, then they're going to win 3 four game series against 2 elite east teams and the west winner

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
Obviously it shouldn't come to this, but the Heat STILL haven't figured out that Dwyane Wade should get the big shots at the end. LeBron James and Chris Bosh are not clutch, end of game shot makers. Let the one guy on your team who has shown in the past that he is have the ball at the end. If you give Bosh or James those shots, they will not go in. It's that simple.

Yawn, you definitely don't want James shooting big 3's because he isn't a great 3 pt shooter to begin with but James not being a clutch is a myth. Just like Kobe being clutch or Wade being clutch is a myth. This hasn't been updated in a while (doesn't include last season or this season) but it still is pretty telling http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
Yawn, you definitely don't want James shooting big 3's because he isn't a great 3 pt shooter to begin with but James not being a clutch is a myth. Just like Kobe being clutch or Wade being clutch is a myth. This hasn't been updated in a while (doesn't include last season or this season) but it still is pretty telling http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm.

well you can always go by the eye test and results of this year... LBJ hasn't been exactly getting it done at the end of the game lately, why not try something different?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
well you can always go by the eye test and results of this year... LBJ hasn't been exactly getting it done at the end of the game lately, why not try something different?

The eye test is stupid. People have selective memories and are just often flat out wrong. If I need a big 3 I absolutely don't go to James because he is inconsistent from 3 and Miami has guys who are much better from 3. Running a play for Bibby or Miller is the right move in that situation.

This same thing goes for the people that go on and on about how clutch Kobe is when there has never at any point in his career been any statistical evidence to support that. Or how about how people's perceptions change over time. Kobe quit on his team against the Suns but now that is never brought up because he is winning again (thanks to Jerry West deciding to give his former team a gift in the form of Pau Gasol). Or like how people act like James completely rolled over and gave up last season in the playoffs against the Celtics (he might have quit at the end of game 5 but they lost that game by 32 anyways) yet he put up 29, 19 and 10 in Game 6. You just can't produce those types of numbers by not trying. He didn't play particularly well but saying he quit is ridiculous. Lebron is a douche but peoples' hatred of him clouds reality.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
The eye test is stupid. People have selective memories and are just often flat out wrong. If I need a big 3 I absolutely don't go to James because he is inconsistent from 3 and Miami has guys who are much better from 3. Running a play for Bibby or Miller is the right move in that situation.

This same thing goes for the people that go on and on about how clutch Kobe is when there has never at any point in his career been any statistical evidence to support that. Or how about how people's perceptions change over time. Kobe quit on his team against the Suns but now that is never brought up because he is winning again (thanks to Jerry West deciding to give his former team a gift in the form of Pau Gasol). Or like how people act like James completely rolled over and gave up last season in the playoffs against the Celtics (he might have quit at the end of game 5 but they lost that game by 32 anyways) yet he put up 29, 19 and 10 in Game 6. You just can't produce those types of numbers by not trying. He didn't play particularly well but saying he quit is ridiculous. Lebron is a douche but peoples' hatred of him clouds reality.

glad you think my suggestion is stupid, way to have a civil discussion.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)

You think think the eye test is stupid, and I think people who only use statistics to justify themselves don't really understand how the games are played. I guess that makes us even.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
You think think the eye test is stupid, and I think people who only use statistics to justify themselves don't really understand how the games are played. I guess that makes us even.

I personally think somewhere in between lies the truth.

Oh, and Michael Jordan > All.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
I personally think somewhere in between lies the truth.

Oh, and Michael Jordan > All.

The thing is I could bring up tons of moments showing that Lebron is "clutch" (game winner against Orlando, 29 out of Cavs final 30 points against the Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals) or tons of moments to show Kobe is not clutch (airball in the playoffs last year, 6-24 in Game 7 against Celts last year etc) but those were individual events that don't tell the whole story. People have selective memories and if you don't like Lebron you will remember and point to his failures in the clutch and ignore his many successes. If you buy into Kobe being clutch you will remember his run of game winners a couple of years ago and forget the many times he has failed in the clutch. I've seen Lebron take and make game winners, I have seen him pass out of double teams to hit open teammates in key spots only to see them miss big shots and people have criticized him for that even though Jordan did the same and is praised for it (as he should be), and I have seen Lebron miss big shots. The best indicator of whether a player is clutch is their body of work and people who have way more time on their hands then I do have objectively looked at Kobe, Lebron, and the rest of the NBA's performance in the clutch and that evidence shows Lebron is really no more or less clutch than any other star player and neither is Kobe.

The thing is, I actually agree that I don't want Lebron taking the last shot. But only if that shot is a 3 pointer. And I wouldn't want Wade taking that shot either. And I especially don't want Bosh taking that shot. Your best option in that situation is try to get a look for one of the guys on your team who can consistently knock that shot down, in the Heat's case Miller and now Bibby. Just like for the Lakers during their title runs it was Horry and Fisher.

And I disagree about Jordan>All.

Jordan>>>>>>>>>All.

Edited by whitesoxfan99