2010-2011 NBA Thread

Just a bad performance for us coming on a back to back.

2 main issues, too many 2nd chance opportunities for the Bulls they totally out-rebounded us tonight, guys like Bass and Anderson have got to do a much better job on that front, and we were just terrible offensively. Howard and Bass both played quite well on that regard, but everyone else was woeful. Redick missed an easy layup, and a few FT's, Richardson did nothing, and Hedo's been awful the last 10-15 games.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, barring a monumental collapse reserved for the Miami Heat, it looks like the Spurs are going to take this (up 101-74 with 10 left).

This means the Bulls will head to Miami for Sunday's nooner technically in 2nd place but in a virtual tie with the Heat.

Can you say huge game?

1. Celtics: 45-15

2. Bulls: 42-18

4. Heat: 43-19*

That game is going to be amazing.

*Barring epic collapse by Spurs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Well, barring a monumental collapse reserved for the Miami Heat, it looks like the Spurs are going to take this (up 101-74 with 10 left).

This means the Bulls will head to Miami for Sunday's nooner technically in 2nd place but in a virtual tie with the Heat.

Can you say huge game?

1. Celtics: 45-15

2. Bulls: 42-18

4. Heat: 43-19*

That game is going to be amazing.

*Barring epic collapse by Spurs.

I know this is the 3rd game of 11 in a row for the Heat vs. teams over .500, how tough is the bulls schedule?

The Heat are so fail against good teams. It's gotta be coaching, Spolestra has to go.

Knicks = lawl. Two loses to freakin' Cleveland. Hahaha.

Eat s*** Skip Bayless and ESPN.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
The Heat are so fail against good teams. It's gotta be coaching, Spolestra has to go.

Knicks = lawl. Two loses to freakin' Cleveland. Hahaha.

Eat s*** Skip Bayless and ESPN.

some of it is coaching, but some of it is it's hard to win with 3 talented players even 2 top 10 guys and basically nobody else, it could look worse in the playoffs when it's even more halfcourt game

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
some of it is coaching, but some of it is it's hard to win with 3 talented players even 2 top 10 guys and basically nobody else, it could look worse in the playoffs when it's even more halfcourt game

Bibby and Miller aren't that bad. Haslem's alright too. They do lack a true center who can clog the lane up, but when you have two top 5 players on your team, you should be able to make up for a lot of those flaws.

They have the personnel and the talent. It has to be more mental and strategic than anything. This Spurs game is a joke, but the Heat always let up after they get a nice lead. This happened in both of the Bulls games and in yesterday's Magic game. They can't let that happen and I think a lot of that has to be on the coaching. If you have enough talent to get that kind of lead, you should have the talent to keep it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
Bibby and Miller aren't that bad. Haslem's alright too. They do lack a true center who can clog the lane up, but when you have two top 5 players on your team, you should be able to make up for a lot of those flaws.

They have the personnel and the talent. It has to be more mental and strategic than anything. This Spurs game is a joke, but the Heat always let up after they get a nice lead. This happened in both of the Bulls games and in yesterday's Magic game. They can't let that happen and I think a lot of that has to be on the coaching. If you have enough talent to get that kind of lead, you should have the talent to keep it.

I think Bibby and Miller are alright and Haslem is average, but sometimes having two top 10 guys can't make up for certain things, like what the Heat struggle with. Any team with with an active guy who can create penetration off the dribble and either finish or kick out to viable shooters kills the Heat, and unfortunately for them that's what the top NBA teams feature.

Do they have roster than can win a title? I'll say yes only because I wouldn't be shocked if they won the title this year, however, I don't see them as favorites and would consider it an upset if they get out of the East at this point. If it was purely coaching, Riley would be on the sidelines, but again, in this NBA I see a flawed roster. They are last in bench scoring, now some of that has to do with the big 3 scoring so much, but it also has to do with them having an extremely thin bench. That matters in the playoffs.

They also were thriving on transition until this recent skid, the big 3 are just so flat out athletic that they can just blow lesser teams off the court, but better teams have the discipline and players to slow the game down, and Heat tend to struggle in the half court.

Edited by SoxFan562004

The Heat have the worst scoring bench in the NBA & they have no inside presence at all.

When your power forward is as soft as Charmin toilet paper, you're gonna get pushed around a bunch in the paint. They have enough talent as to where they'll beat a majority of teams, but I wouldn't bet the house on this team in the playoffs.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
I know this is the 3rd game of 11 in a row for the Heat vs. teams over .500, how tough is the bulls schedule?

The Bulls have the 6th easiest schedule in terms of opponent winning percentage in the NBA.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
rose should stop taking so many 3s, he has struggled with his 3 pt shot with the exception of December. He shooting 22% from 3 between february and march, yet he's taking 5-6 threes per game.

I wonder if Rose's legs are getting tired. Being a scorer is all about your legs being fresh and strong. This kid has taken on so much of the load this year... I wonder if it is catching up to him?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
The Bulls have the 6th easiest schedule in terms of opponent winning percentage in the NBA.

Keep in mind though, all this tells you is that the Bulls are in a terrible, terrible division. There is 1 team with a winning record in the Bulls division. It doesn't mean the Bulls are particularly vulnerable to good teams or that the Bulls's schedule will get harder, it means that they play the Pistons, Cavs, Bucks, and Pacers a lot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
Keep in mind though, all this tells you is that the Bulls are in a terrible, terrible division. There is 1 team with a winning record in the Bulls division. It doesn't mean the Bulls are particularly vulnerable to good teams or that the Bulls's schedule will get harder, it means that they play the Pistons, Cavs, Bucks, and Pacers a lot.

Sorry, I left out a key word there... they have the 6th easiest REMAINING schedule. They've already gotten past the tough stretch the Heat are entering.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
Sorry, I left out a key word there... they have the 6th easiest REMAINING schedule. They've already gotten past the tough stretch the Heat are entering.

Technically, this is a pretty tough stretch right here. The Magic, Heat, and Hawks on the road, the Spurs visited just before the AS break, then Monday is night 2 of a B2B with CP3 visiting.

I'd also like to take the time to point out how childish and selfish Dwight Howard is... every shot attempt "should have been a foul" and he's never actually committed a foul... at least that's the perception when watching. He clearly doesn't care too much about his team since he racks up technical fouls every season and is facing yet another one game suspension for his antics.

What a crybaby. Honestly, I'd want him nowhere near the Bulls' roster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
I'd also like to take the time to point out how childish and selfish Dwight Howard is... every shot attempt "should have been a foul" and he's never actually committed a foul... at least that's the perception when watching. He clearly doesn't care too much about his team since he racks up technical fouls every season and is facing yet another one game suspension for his antics.

What a crybaby. Honestly, I'd want him nowhere near the Bulls' roster.

I don't know if I'd call that selfish. In fact, he probably isn't selfish enough. Dude didn't miss a shot from the field last night and every time he got the ball he either scored or forced hte Bulls to foul.

He's got some of that Yankee "everything's a foul" look in him, you're right, but hell, if it works...

It's only taken me like 4 months but I've finally realized that the Heat just aren't that good. There's 2 title contenders in the East and they're the Bulls and Celtics.

If anyone wants to know why some people didn't want to give up Asik, just look at last nights game, we just don't win that with out him, period. It's so nice to have a ton of front court depth, most NBA teams just don't have such a luxury.

You know, I've been more optimistic about this team all season than most but I've always kind of held back on saying that they're one of the favorites, but to be honest, at this point, I really don't see anyone beating us in a 7 game series and I'm dead serious about that. I really think this team is going to win it all.