2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
I wonder if Rose's legs are getting tired. Being a scorer is all about your legs being fresh and strong. This kid has taken on so much of the load this year... I wonder if it is catching up to him?

I would assume that that's the case. All the practice and FIBA games over the summer has to have some effects on him. He doesn't look as fast has he was at the beginning of the year. Thibs noticed that as well. Normally he would sub Rose out at the beginning of second and put him back in at the 7 or 6 minute mark. But last night Rose didn't come back until the 3 minute mark. It's been the same pattern for quite a few games now. I just hope Rose doesn't get gas out when the playoff starts.

The problem with the Heat is the fact that Wade and LeBron refuse to play sacrifice Alpha Dog status for the other. You can see, despite as much as I despise Bosh, he's trying to make it work. And Wade is also trying to set him up and vice versa. LeBron is basically running that team and both Wade and Bosh will get the rock when they get it. Bosh has a passive personality, while Wade seems to be getting more and more upset. When you have 3 star players and 2 stud players, there has to be a lot of give and take because the rest of the team is so weak. It really does depend on one of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wade jacks up 30 shots tomorrow to remind LeBron who's team it is. The worst thing about the Heat is that they don't run any plays, especially in crunch time. They literally go ISO which ends up with Bron creating a shot for someone who shouldn't be shooting in that situation. Many times he gets them open, but it's because many teams know they can layoff the player he passes it to because the Heat are not putting that player in a position to succeed. Such as when they have Bosh take 26 foot threes. What they should be doing is executing plays, especially when it's crunch time because not only does the opposition worry about leaving someone open off a screen or pick, but they also don't know who's going to take the shot. It could be Wade initiating, hitting LeBron at the high post who lobs it up for a backdoor cut by Wade or Bosh.

Until Wade and LeBron are ready to sacrifice for each other and the team, it's going to be tough. No coach can succeed in that environment. They literally need a Phil Jackson type of coach.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
oh yeah, you are lying to yourself if you think you dont want a beast down low like Howard with Rose.

This would be a title team with a Dwight Howard on it, even if you had to give up some key players to get him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
This would be a title team with a Dwight Howard on it, even if you had to give up some key players to get him.

FWIW, Boers & Bernstein said, and they have good NBA sources, that it's not a given Dwight is going to LA, there's a chance, and people within the Bulls org feel this way, that he will go to Chicago. Again, there's a ton of steps left and who knows what the new CBA is going to look like.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
FWIW, Boers & Bernstein said, and they have good NBA sources, that it's not a given Dwight is going to LA, there's a chance, and people within the Bulls org feel this way, that he will go to Chicago. Again, there's a ton of steps left and who knows what the new CBA is going to look like.

Possibly why the Bulls didn't want to unload Noah, Asik, Taj in any trades for Melo, Lee, etc.

If Dwight won't resign with Orlando, you would have to figure a trade centered around Noah would be pretty enticing for Orlando and possibly as good a player back they could get.

Noah

Taj

All the first-round picks possible

for Dwight.

50 straight Kevin Loves for Kevin Love, and with 14 and 18 entering the fourth quarter, there's a halfway decent chance he'll end up with his third straight 20/20 game tonight.

At this stage, my guess would be Dwight either re-signs in Orlando, or he'll go sign with the Nets when they move to Brooklyn.

He wants to be "the guy". He doesn't want to play in a situation with other stars like Melo and James are doing now.

It all depends on a new CBA and Salary Cap etc. to determine whether teams would even be able to trade for Howard next season, but I would highly doubt the Magic even consider moving him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
At this stage, my guess would be Dwight either re-signs in Orlando, or he'll go sign with the Nets when they move to Brooklyn.

He wants to be "the guy". He doesn't want to play in a situation with other stars like Melo and James are doing now.

It all depends on a new CBA and Salary Cap etc. to determine whether teams would even be able to trade for Howard next season, but I would highly doubt the Magic even consider moving him.

There is no way he's staying in Orlando. I don't know where he'll end up but he's leaving.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
There is no way he's staying in Orlando. I have no idea where he'll end up but he's leaving.

Unless Orlando manages to win the championship this season/next season or at least make the finals, I definitely don't see him staying in Orlando. I actually think Nets would make sense and with Deron/Lopez/Howard thats pretty beastly core too.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
There is no way he's staying in Orlando. I don't know where he'll end up but he's leaving.

People think that, because Orlando's not a big market team that Dwight is automatically going to bolt to a bigger market come FA next off-season.

But Orlando has a brand new arena and ownership that spends a lot of money trying to put a winner out on the floor.

If anything, the plan is in Orlando is try to and bring in a stud FA to help Dwight next off-season like a Deron Williams or a Chris Paul. Of course for that to happen, we'll probably have to buy out Arenas's contract.

Don't know if I could see Lopez and Howard co-existing for the Nets either.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
People think that, because Orlando's not a big market team that Dwight is automatically going to bolt to a bigger market come FA next off-season.

But Orlando has a brand new arena and ownership that spends a lot of money trying to put a winner out on the floor.

If anything, the plan is in Orlando is try to and bring in a stud FA to help Dwight next off-season like a Deron Williams or a Chris Paul. Of course for that to happen, we'll probably have to buy out Arenas's contract.

I don't think he's going to bolt for a "bigger market." That's why I say I have no idea where he'll end up. I just think he's going to bolt because everything I've read, heard, and seen says that he wants to bolt.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)

Right, I think Dwight likes Orlando fine but he wants to win and unless the Magic put together a legit run this season or next don't see him sticking around.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
it is just so hard to speculate on NBA future right now because of the next CBA. There's a strong possibility that the owners make it next to impossible for superstars to leave.

Then you will have major anti-trust violations. It may be where players have to stay and extra year or two, but making it next to impossible for players to leave is a clear violation of anti-trust laws and will not be allowed by the NBAPA.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
Then you will have major anti-trust violations. It may be where players have to stay and extra year or two, but making it next to impossible for players to leave is a clear violation of anti-trust laws and will not be allowed by the NBAPA.

No, but the NFL has teams get an extra 2 years+ via the franchise tags.

In the NBA, the actual value of a superstar is so high that you wouldn't mind paying $25 million on a 1 year, franchise tag deal to keep a person like Howard off of the market.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)

well "next to impossible" was probably worded strongly, but it will likely put in a ton more protections to allow owners a better opportunity to keep their stars, similar to the NFL franchise tags or the like.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
50 straight Kevin Loves for Kevin Love, and with 14 and 18 entering the fourth quarter, there's a halfway decent chance he'll end up with his third straight 20/20 game tonight.

3 straight 20/20 games? Why not.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)

Also any new rules will have to be collectively bargained and approved by the NBA players union