2010-2011 NBA Thread

I don't think I've ever seen a team so talented disappoint so often.

Oh, and hey Spoelstra - RUN A DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE PLAY EVERY NOW AND THEN. I get that LeBron is amazing and can create his own shot with a dribble/drive, but s***, you can be a bit more creative than that.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm shocked they didn't call Noah for that bump when they called the really weak loose ball foul on the other end. I thought any contact would be whistled there.

It might have been weak as far as the actual contact but Miller was behind Luol and had a hand on him with an extended arm especially at full speed it looked like a foul

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
The call on Miller was the right one, prolly should've been one on Noah though as well. Too bad so sad, Rose was getting mauled all game and they weren't calling s***, so oh well.

I agree Rose didn't get calls, but I disagree about that being the right call. You had 3 guys going for a loose ball and Miller nudged Deng if anything.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
I don't think I've ever seen a team so talented disappoint so often.

Oh, and hey Spoelstra - RUN A DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE PLAY EVERY NOW AND THEN. I get that LeBron is amazing and can create his own shot with a dribble/drive, but s***, you can be a bit more creative than that.

They run no offensive sets at all. I'm not the biggest Phil Jackson fan in the world but if you gave him the Heat's roster they would be basically a lock for the title.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
I agree Rose didn't get calls, but I disagree about that being the right call. You had 3 guys going for a loose ball and Miller nudged Deng if anything.

He was behind him and he did exactly that, nudged him, and when running for a loose ball like that, a slight nudge can change a lot and it threw Deng off his path a bit which could have changed where the possession ended up, it was the right call imo.

Speaking of offensive plays...the Bulls were clueless on offense after they got the 6 point lead. There was one trip where everybody clustered at one spot and the clock ran down to 10 before they even started a play. Rose ended up air balling the shot. I don't know what the hell was going on, but this team was hard to watch offensively for about a whole minute down the stretch. Thank god for that foul on Mike Miller.

And what a terrible game Mike Miller had. Missed numerous open 3s and committed a really dumb foul at the end.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
Speaking of offensive plays...the Bulls were clueless on offense after they got the 6 point lead. There was one trip where everybody clustered at one spot and the clock ran down to 10 before they even started a play. Rose ended up air balling the shot. I don't know what the hell was going on, but this team was hard to watch offensively for about a whole minute down the stretch. Thank god for that foul on Mike Miller.

Derrick called his own number there, he just wanted a clear out and took an ugly shot.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
They run no offensive sets at all. I'm not the biggest Phil Jackson fan in the world but if you gave him the Heat's roster they would be basically a lock for the title.

If Riley thought it was majority coaching he would be on the sidelines. Their roster beyond the three is terrible. The fact that big z plays anytime beyond mop up is laughable

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)

And what a terrible game Mike Miller had. Missed numerous open 3s and committed a really dumb foul at the end.

Rose got the call from Thibodeau late and it took them forever to get the play, Korver ended up having to unload at the buzzer off-balance

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Derrick called his own number there, he just wanted a clear out and took an ugly shot.

I would like to see Boozer get at least a touch in those situations especially against the heat and lack of size

So big picture here: We're a game up and 2 in the loss column on Miami for that 2 seed. Hopefully we can run away and hide with that now because if we get home court advantage against them in the playoffs, there's no way they're beating us.

The Heat's halfcourt offense is so meh... any of the potential opponents they face in the playoffs (save for the Knicks) have a rough halfcourt defense. You'd think that 50-some games into the season they'd have it figured out by now but they don't.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
Asik looked like a slow stick in the mud that forgot how to get out of second gear.

Noah ran circles around him - by comparison.

Well first of all, Noah is one of the quickest centers in the NBA and two, I have no clue what you're talking about.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Boozer's been off for the past two weeks. He hasn't had a good offensive game since the first game after the All-Star break.

He's actually been very frustrating to watch the last few weeks here.

Even though he and Tirico were constantly calling the bulls the heat and vice versa, it was a great objective job of analysis by Hubie. Real good job consistently saying that heat fade partly because they wear out with their defense intensity