2010-2011 NBA Thread

god its so nice to beat that heat team....the next shot lebron or wade miss, and don't complain about a lack of a foul call will be the first....the technical foul rule is such a double standard with those guys...wade should have been hit with multiple techs today...

that said, the heat are still a VERY good team. its funny, everyone perceives them to have had a poor season thus far, while the bulls have had a great season (by most accounts), and yet only 1 game separates them in the standings. In addition the heat could have won all 3 of the games the bulls beat them in. Its foolish to assume that the bulls would automatically win a 7 game series with them if given home court advantage. The two teams are extremely evenly matched IMO. for today though, f*** lebron, wade and bosh...and GO BULLS

Edited by daa84

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
god its so nice to beat that heat team....the next shot lebron or wade miss, and don't complain about a lack of a foul call will be the first....the technical foul rule is such a double standard with those guys...wade should have been hit with multiple techs today...

that said, the heat are still a VERY good team. its funny, everyone perceives them to have had a poor season thus far, while the bulls have had a great season (by most accounts), and yet only 1 game separates them in the standings. In addition the heat could have won all 3 of the games the bulls beat them in. Its foolish to assume that the bulls would automatically win a 7 game series with them if given home court advantage. The two teams are extremely evenly matched IMO. for today though, f*** lebron, wade and bosh...and GO BULLS

The Heat can't beat good teams, they just can't do it. I've been saying all year(up until Friday) that they're still the best team in the league and I believed they'd win it all but by this point, it's a complete fact that they just can't beat an upper echelon team in this league. The Bulls on the other hand are 8 and 4 against the elite teams in the NBA and are only getting better at this point.

Miami is obviously still a very good team but I've finally come to the conclusion that they're not a legit title contender right now, there's only 2 of them in the East and they're the Bulls and Celtics.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
The Heat can't beat good teams, they just can't do it. I've been saying all year(up until Friday) that they're still the best team in the league and I believed they'd win it all but by this point, it's a complete fact that they just can't beat an upper echelon team in this league. The Bulls on the other hand are 8 and 4 against the elite teams in the NBA and are only getting better at this point.

Miami is obviously still a very good team but I've finally come to the conclusion that they're not a legit title contender right now, there's only 2 of them in the East and they're the Bulls and Celtics.

I think that is pretty silly to say, the playoffs are a whole new beast and that Heat team is definitely capable of beating the Bulls/Celtics in a series and it wouldn't be considered an upset in the least. As of right now, I'd say they definitely aren't the unstoppable force people were fearing going into the season though and with home court think the Bulls can definitely beat them.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
I think that is pretty silly to say, the playoffs are a whole new beast and that Heat team is definitely capable of beating the Bulls/Celtics in a series and it wouldn't be considered an upset in the least. As of right now, I'd say they definitely aren't the unstoppable force people were fearing going into the season though and with home court think the Bulls can definitely beat them.

Correct, teams play halfcourt defense in the playoffs

I love how Chris Bosh says Deng tripped on his own feet as well, when there was that incident in the 1st game b/w these 2 b/w Asik and Bosh. Hypocriscy as its best right there.

17 points from players outside of the big 3, Chalmers scored 11 of those. That's just not going to get the job done.

Agreed on Haslem being a loss for Miami, he does exactly what Chris Bosh brings to this team in terms of hitting the mid range jumper, plus he's a better rebounder and defender. As I've said before, the Heat would be much better served with a top PG or a dominant defensive C instead of Bosh.

"Inside our locker room, we stick together, we're like brothers," Wade said. "We win together, we lose together. Outside, the Miami Heat are exactly what everyone wanted, losing games. The world is better now since the Heat is losing."

aw D Wade, i am so sad for you, I feel so bad that you gamed the system for a championship and it didnt turn out the way you thought it would. Do you hear the sound of the worlds smallest violin, playing the worlds saddest song?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
aw D Wade, i am so sad for you, I feel so bad that you gamed the system for a championship and it didnt turn out the way you thought it would. Do you hear the sound of the worlds smallest violin, playing the worlds saddest song?

I think it is playing "Tears of a Clown"

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)

If they haven't figured it out yet, they're just not going to. I'm sorry but they're just not as good as everyone(myself included) thought, talent be damned in this case.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
If they haven't figured it out yet, they're just not going to. I'm sorry but they're just not as good as everyone(myself included) thought, talent be damned in this case.

I still wonder how that team would look running the triangle (or any form of offense really) where everyone is involved. I still don't think there is any doubt the talent, role players included, is good enough to win a title. But something is definitely missing, and the last week has me really doubting the Heat as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)

I can't argue that at all. I was in the Heat's corner to start this season, but I was dead on wrong.

Bogans hasnt bothered me as much in the past 2 months. Thibs rotation makes him go unnoticed in the grand scheme of the game, and he is actually hitting some of those open shots that he was missing earlier in the year.