2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
I don't see them making a coaching change this late into the season.

It would be an unusual move, but you usually don't have such a capable replacement in the organization. It's not like they are miles away from competing, a coaching move could be the difference for them.

Trouble is...why would any high-power coach like Jackson or even Riley make a commitment to coach that team next year when they don't even know if there will be a next year. On top of the fact that there's no guarantee you'll be able to find pieces you need in FA if the cap is made stronger.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Trouble is...why would any high-power coach like Jackson or even Riley make a commitment to coach that team next year when they don't even know if there will be a next year. On top of the fact that there's no guarantee you'll be able to find pieces you need in FA if the cap is made stronger.

I agree with you about Jackson, only reason I could see Riley possibly doing it is because he is an executive with the team credited for making the big 3 an actual reality.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
They are really making alot of this "crying" thing in the media today.

I can't decide what's dumber: players crying after a regular season game, or their coach openly volunteering such information to the media.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
Even being at home, this seems like the type of game where the Bulls have one of their let downs, hopefully they don't let that happen.

Normally I'd agree... but after the Raptors/Hawks games on the road, that won't happen. The buzz in the UC will be electric tonight, the Bulls are feeling good, and no CP3.

Bulls by 20+.

I guess I actually worry that the crying thing will bring the Heat together and galvanize them. As for crying after a regular season game, it shows they have heart. Id rather go to battle any day of the week with some one who had heart like that.

Its mental right now. I never thought theyd be as good as most, but they are better than this. Hopefully the adversity will break them instead of bringing them together.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
That's the beauty of the Bulls, they can just be horrendous on offense and still win games because their defense is so damn good. Just keep winning and at least get the 2 seed!

Two seed is HUGE. Means home court against the Heat in Round 2. And no Knicks in the first round. I think that is just as important as the home court. Knicks in the first round will probably not beat the Heat, but they can take the Heat to six games and really drain them physically. Meanwhile, the Bulls should be able to beat the 76ers in four or five, and have plenty of rest before that Round 2 series.

Jeez, just realized the Knicks are only one game ahead of Philly. The better pick it up for my ideal scenario to happen. Or Philly to tank.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
No fourth straight 20/20 for Love :(

Oh well, I guess 23 and 17 is alright.

Bum. I still have a hard time figuring him out though. Like I really don't know where he rates among the best in the NBA. The Wolves power forward is Beasley who doesn't give two s***s about rebounding. I mean I know he is a very good player, but is he top 10, 15, 20???

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
No fourth straight 20/20 for Love :(

Oh well, I guess 23 and 17 is alright.

Hypothetical question:

Would the "Big Three" that worked out together all summer long have better results on a team together than the Heat Big Three:

D Rose

Kevin Love

Russell Westbrook

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Hypothetical question:

Would the "Big Three" that worked out together all summer long have better results on a team together than the Heat Big Three:

D Rose

Kevin Love

Russell Westbrook

I think so, as the team would be better balanced, if you assume really bad supporting casts.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Bum. I still have a hard time figuring him out though. Like I really don't know where he rates among the best in the NBA. The Wolves power forward is Beasley who doesn't give two s***s about rebounding. I mean I know he is a very good player, but is he top 10, 15, 20???

His numbers and streak are impressive, but I have a hard time rating a guy that high when his team is the 2nd worst in the league and is on pace for under 20 wins. It's one thing to put up numbers, but another to actually win games in the NBA. That being said, he's still only 22 so I can definitely see him become one of the top players in the league.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Hypothetical question:

D Rose

Kevin Love

Russell Westbrook

Two elite point guards on the same team??? Would that work out all that well?