2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Two elite point guards on the same team??? Would that work out all that well?

Thats the question. Both of them have size to play the 2.

And I liked the article I just read where D Rose is planning on working his post game with Love's help next offseason.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Thats the question. Both of them have size to play the 2.

And I liked the article I just read where D Rose is planning on working his post game with Love's help next offseason.

Wouldn't work. Both do not play off the ball well at all and both are way ball dominant. Rose and Westbrook's usage rates are 32.5 and 31.5, ranking them third and fifth in the league, respectively. Something would seriously have to give.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Wouldn't work. Both do not play off the ball well at all and both are way ball dominant. Rose and Westbrook's usage rates are 32.5 and 31.5, ranking them third and fifth in the league, respectively. Something would seriously have to give.

Those had to be killer one on one contests day in and day out

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

Yeah, it'd be akin to the bumbling power struggle going on in Miami right now.

I love Rotoword's updates:

LeBron James is being sued by an Atlanta nightclub for reneging on a planned appearance on St. Patrick's Day, while it sounds like he will show up at a rival club instead.

You can check out all the sordid details in the link, including information about an agent named Chubbie Baby, but this will have no impact on his availability for the Heat, nor his inability to make clutch shots with the game on the line. We also doubt it will cause him to cry, but you never know

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Those had to be killer one on one contests day in and day out

After LeBron vs Kobe, that'd be the 1 on 1 contest I'd pay to see most. I remember as a kid being in awe of Kevin Johnson's athleticism from the PG spot. Rose and Westbrook dwarf KJ

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
After LeBron vs Kobe, that'd be the 1 on 1 contest I'd pay to see most. I remember as a kid being in awe of Kevin Johnson's athleticism from the PG spot. Rose and Westbrook dwarf KJ

Eh, the problem would be the defending would be awful.

Besides the two ball-dominant guard issue, they'd have a similar problem to the Heat with their star big man. Love is a terror on the glass so they'd be better there, but he's not really a low post guy (he gets fewer shots at the rim than Bosh did in Toronto, and many come on putbacks) and he's not particularly agile or a threat as a shot-blocker on defense. Just like the Heat, they'd need someone to protect the rim at the center spot, which would be hard to do with limited cap space.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
Besides the two ball-dominant guard issue, they'd have a similar problem to the Heat with their star big man. Love is a terror on the glass so they'd be better there, but he's not really a low post guy (he gets fewer shots at the rim than Bosh did in Toronto, and many come on putbacks) and he's not particularly agile or a threat as a shot-blocker on defense. Just like the Heat, they'd need someone to protect the rim at the center spot, which would be hard to do with limited cap space.

I literally havent watched the guy since college, does he not play in the post at all?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
I literally havent watched the guy since college, does he not play in the post at all?

I wouldn't say he never goes down low, but it's not his strength. His attempts within 10 feet and his conversion rates are fairly low when compared to other bigs that can score like Dwight, Amare, Boozer, Aldridge, Randolph and Griffin (Pau is pretty low as well, but he beats Love by 9% at the rim and 2% in the 3-9 foot range. Jefferson is another guy that's only slightly higher but converts a better percentage).

He still has an insane offensive rating though because he can hit 3's and takes almost seven FT's a game at 86%. 5 offensive rebounds a game doesn't hurt either.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Hypothetical question:

Would the "Big Three" that worked out together all summer long have better results on a team together than the Heat Big Three:

D Rose

Kevin Love

Russell Westbrook

Replace Rose with Durant, and you have a very realistic scenario that I'd put my money on right now.

(which isn't to say I think that's definitely going to happen, but I think that's a lot more likely than your proposed idea)

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
He still has an insane offensive rating though because he can hit 3's and takes almost seven FT's a game at 86%. 5 offensive rebounds a game doesn't hurt either.

Ranks first NBA.com's efficiency ranking and third in PER. He's very good at basketball.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Replace Rose with Durant, and you have a very realistic scenario that I'd put my money on right now.

(which isn't to say I think that's definitely going to happen, but I think that's a lot more likely than your proposed idea)

Ranks first NBA.com's efficiency ranking and third in PER. He's very good at basketball.

Kevin Love(notes) tied Moses Malone's NBA record Monday night when he recorded his 51st consecutive double-double of the season. While that is a pretty sweet feat for the 22-year-old, it would be nice if his heroics helped his team win some games.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have gone 11-39 during Love's streak, and other teams might be wondering if Love wouldn't mind moving to a winning franchise when he becomes a restricted free agent in the summer of 2012. According to NBA.com, Love got "recruiting pitches from everyone" at this year's All-Star game in L.A.

"A lot of it was [about] OKC," Love said, according to the site. "A lot of it was a few other teams that just need that one more guy. And a lot of it was circulating around the Lakers, 'cause we were out there as well. There was a lot of pressure and a lot of questions were circulating, and I almost felt like, 'Damn, I have to take a step back and, not assess the situation, but kind of look at things from a broad horizon.'"

Shut down the western conference were this to happen. Also, Kevin Love is first in offensive Win Shares and fifth in Win Shares overall. I don't have anything bad to say about him. He's an amazing player.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
Shut down the western conference were this to happen. Also, Kevin Love is first in offensive Win Shares and fifth in Win Shares overall. I don't have anything bad to say about him. He's an amazing player.

OKC makes the most sense, if only because Love and Westbrook are very good friends and he would fit their offensive system flawlessly.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
The Boshtrich was 3-11 with only 4 rebounds in 40+ minutes.

They also had a great shooting night from Mike Miller.

And this statement from Lebron pretty much tells you, Bosh doesn't have a long - term future on this team IMO;

“Our confidence level, me and D-Wade’s confidence level being the leaders of the team, won’t go down,” James said

Aldridge and and Wallace had 48 b/w them tonight. Teams with good PF's are going to punish Miami offensively, but that's nothing new.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)

The West will continue to go through LA until Kobe & his cast retires.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
If Brandon Roy is actually healthy, the West could be even more interesting.

If Roy can give Portland a little something on a nightly basis, they'll be dangerous come playoff time.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
I think Bosh regrets going to Miami.

I also think the Heat are due, and they'll beat LA.

i think Wade and Lebron are probably regretting they included him, they would be much more dangerous if his money was given to 2 "lesser" players who fit better

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
I think Bosh regrets going to Miami.

I also think the Heat are due, and they'll beat LA.

NBA.com -

Five straight losses has a way of shining a light on a team’s warts that no man-made device can.

Losing repeatedly also has a way of encouraging angry or frustrated players to speak their minds, for better or worse, in ways that they never would when things are going well.

So we weren’t surprised at all to read the comments from Heat forward Chris Bosh after his team dropped its fifth straight Tuesday night to the Portland Trail Blazers.

If you haven’t heard, Bosh is a little upset with his role in Miami … we know, the nerve of this guy, complaining about being the third option after LeBron James and Dwyane Wade after signing up last summer to be exactly that. In short, Bosh wants to play like he did in Toronto, when he was the No. 1 option on largely mediocre teams and piled up impressive statistics working his way inside and out as he saw fit.

The only problem is, two other guys get their food first every night — and that’s not going to change anytime soon. And it’s showing, particularly on those nights when Bosh’s counterpart on the opposing team is the No. 1 option (LaMarcus Aldridge roasted him last night, outscoring him 26-7.)

“I’ve got to get back in my comfort zone, I haven’t been in my comfort zone,” Bosh told Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. “A lot of things are new for me. I just have to be more aggressive in demanding my [the ball] comfort zone, you know I’ll take the fault for that… I’m effective down in the low post area, so that is where I need to start getting the ball. I need to be assertive in demanding it.”

If Bosh starts getting more boisterous about getting the ball, this whole team could implode VERY quickly.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Bosh is getting wasted in Spolestra's system. He's become a tall jump shooter now. It's also made him more of a b****.

granted he is seemingly taking a lot of jump shots, but he was never a low post monster with power moves, he is kind of a finesse player