2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
I thought it was funny that Thomas went from out of the rotation, to starter, to out of the rotation.

It was quite evident from the Toronto game that Thomas has no business playing off the bench instead of Asik.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
Jesus step back from the ledge. It's an ankle injury (confirmed). 2 weeks maximum.

Friedell says not broken, doesn't mean it is a sprain. . . could be ligament damage etc. . .

definitely a good sign though.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
FYI, the Bulls and Celtics became the first teams to clinch playoff spots tonight. The Bulls magic number to win the Central is down to 1.

Celtics clinched yesterday (which doesn't really change much, other than the fact that it wasn't tonight :P)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Boozer will probably sit out a whole week now. Oh well. It's not like he was all that important since the ASB. This means Kurt Thomas will get playing time again...lol.

The nice thing is that if we have to have an injury, the front line is the place to have it. With Taj, Asik, and Kirk on the bench, that is some major league depth.

I didn't actually think the Kwame Brown hit on Boozer wasn't that bad, it was just unfortunate that Boozer landed the way he did on his ankle.

That kind of stuff does happen unfortunately (those type of hits I mean).

Look at Bogut last season when he dislocated his elbow for instance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 07:24 AM)
The nice thing is that if we have to have an injury, the front line is the place to have it. With Taj, Asik, and Kirk on the bench, that is some major league depth.

I believe you mean Kurt. Unless Hinrich was reacquired ;)

Who are you picking for Heat/LAL tonight? I will go with Heat in a close one, almost just because at some point the talent of Wade and LBJ will win out, not scientific obviously.

Funny part will be if it is tonight or next week, when Heat win I'm sure they will be dancing all around and ESPN will declare them "fixed", just like when Tiger has a good round.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
I didn't actually think the Kwame Brown hit on Boozer wasn't that bad, it was just unfortunate that Boozer landed the way he did on his ankle.

That kind of stuff does happen unfortunately (those type of hits I mean).

Look at Bogut last season when he dislocated his elbow for instance.

Well it was flagrant and one of several shots like that he took on the Bulls players throughout the game.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Who are you picking for Heat/LAL tonight? I will go with Heat in a close one, almost just because at some point the talent of Wade and LBJ will win out, not scientific obviously.

Funny part will be if it is tonight or next week, when Heat win I'm sure they will be dancing all around and ESPN will declare them "fixed", just like when Tiger has a good round.

You have to go with the Lakers. I don't see how anyone would pick the Heat in that game.

Rotoworld:

Coach Tom Thibodeau said that Carlos Boozer (ankle) would be sidelined between a few days and a week.

X-rays Wednesday night were negative and an MRI Thursday revealed no serious damage. Boozer simply has an ankle sprain that is swollen and needs time to heal.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Yeah that... but on a side note, how f***ing awesome would Kirk be on this team right now?

To be honest, I dont know. Kirk isnt as great as a shooter as I thought he was going to be, and I like CJ Watson as Rose's backup. Bogans is bigger and plays good enough defense, i dont know that Kirk would be a great upgrade

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
To be honest, I dont know. Kirk isnt as great as a shooter as I thought he was going to be, and I like CJ Watson as Rose's backup. Bogans is bigger and plays good enough defense, i dont know that Kirk would be a great upgrade

He'd be a big upgrade over Bogans and Brewer